• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

So is it possible to miss a yellow square and never know where to search ? Looks like a flaw to me, since moving trough the levels is so slow... (Loving eerything else btw)
No. At the top of each room/area on the map, there should be icons. Those icons show you what you haven't found yet in that room/area.

Crispy75

I won't torture myself over those for the moment and keep looking for shiny cubes. Thing is for the moment, I don't even know what I'm looking at with those "maps" lol.

When you find the bit of the world those maps relate to, you will be glad of them.
Is it me or the weird cube thing you see during the loading screens you get when changing zones is an hypercube projection in a 3D space? Looks like it but I'm not sure.

Indeed it is, which plays beautifully into the themes of the game.

I'm so jealous of people playing this game for the first time. Remember, just go with the flow and when you have 32 cubes, go get that ending. Don't try to 200% it on your first go :)

RaikuHebi

Banned
And working flawlessly for me as well!
Now I say that it'll go wrong won't it. Damn.
Lol happened to me. Minor issue. I loaded up cross-save on my PS4 and Continue Game option wasn't lit up. So I copied the save to a local slot. Played and then copied it back to the Cross-Save slot.

Hopefully I won't run into that issue again. From PS4 to Vita it worked flawlessly though.

Anyone else notice longer PS4 load-times (at the startup) compared to Vita? Quite considerably longer, the Vita felt near instant. In-game loading is the same speed on both.

Turnstyle

First time I played it on the Vita last night, the game crashed when I tried to access the map for the first time, booting me back to the Vita dash.

Seems to have been a one off though, hasn't happened since.

Game looks and plays great.

plake

Dumb question as I most likely know the answer. Is this game worth getting (i do have PS+ and Vita/PS4) even though my backlog is like, insanely huge? I also work at a games company giving me access to a library of physical games. It's not even funny.
But but but... I kind of want to play Fez, like now.

Minto

Playing this on my Vita as my PS4 is broke.

DAT OLED!

1977338_10151953485586300_1645762974_n.jpg

Danlord

The option for 3D doesn't seem to be showing up, anyone else seem to be having this issue?

After a Google search I come up with this quote

...The DS4′s lightbar will help you unlock a 3D mode via an easter egg late in the game, that will work on 3DTVs.

from this site: http://techdomino.com/indie-hit-fez-coming-ps-vita-ps3-ps4/

A shame that it wouldn't be an option from the beginning, unless it's relevant to be so late in the game OR it's for special levels later on I don't know.

DrKelpo

Banned
Sorry, if already answered, have not read most of the thread, but there is no demo for vita right?
I think about getting it, but am not sure yet... You guys recommend it?

StuBurns

Banned
Sorry, if already answered, have not read most of the thread, but there is no demo for vita right?
It's really pretty wonderful, even if you just play the surface level adventure, it's well worth the price.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I've put 3:30 hours into this already. Roughly half on PS4, half on Vita.

That's more hours than I've put into MGS GZ or inFamous SS.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Jesus H Christ, Phil Fish is a genius. At every step of the way, while I'm wrapping my head around the sheer complexity of design, I can't help imagining how stress inducing it must have been to try and hold all of this mind-blowing structure in his head.

I LOVE YOU MR FISH.

Played this for a couple hours at work today on my Vita. I have absolutely no idea what to do in most of the rooms marked as having a "secret".

At what point can you start looking up what to do without spoiling shit? I'm almost up to eight cubes, and haven't even been able to make my way back to the world with the doors to go to the four cube door.

Hearkening back to the early pages of the thread, I watched indie game: the movie. I read up more on Phil Fish's comments about Japanese games, and there's still no excuse. It was rude, uncalled for, and objectively wrong.

Yes, the movie doesn't make him out to be a monster. I'm sure he isn't. He seems like an okay guy. Who was extremely rude and then unapologetic. Almost bought the game during the PAX segment, but fuck it. I'll grab it during a steam sale. Too bad; i'm sure the game deserves the praise.

JON4495

Sorry if this has already been asked but is there a way to quit to main menu/save the game normally or can you only close the application?

Siaynoqq

I'm curious how people are playing this game. Do you explore leisurely or get OCD with every area?

I'm still not sure if it is possible to get everything in some areas during the first visit. I feel like I'm all over the place right now. Never felt so unsettled in a game.

Loving every minute though.

FDC1

There is a demo for Vita version, well at least in Europe.

I had never played this and was always jealous of XBOX and PC players. I put maybe 2 hours in last night and it has been well worth the wait. With this, Second Son and Steamworld Dig (for some reason I didn't buy this on my 3DS), I am one happy gamer.

Turnstyle

OK, so I'm making way more progress with the Vita version that I did with the 360. I guess I'm in the right mood for it...

Couple of questions for the Fez experts (Fezperts?):

How many cubes do you need to 'complete' the game the first time around? I'm up to 21 at the moment (+ 2 anti-cubes).

Also, I'm slowly working out the code and what have you (think I've sussed the tetrimino thing), but what do the signs with the exclamation mark mean?

I'm definitely a bit lost. I'm trying to follow the map as best I can, but it's not the most intuitive system. I'd love to get back to the starting level (I think I missed some stuff), but you might as well ask me to navigate to the moon.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I can't get over how good this game. I've just opened the door with 16 cubes and my mind is blown by the idea they've gone with here.
Game has more towns that FFXIII

I've only played 4 and a half hours but so far it has more substance than a lot of modern games could give you in 20+ hours.

Phil Fish deserves much more respect than he got. Hope he reverses his mind about a sequel. We need more Polytron games.

anddo0

I'm curious how people are playing this game. Do you explore leisurely or get OCD with every area?

I'm still not sure if it is possible to get everything in some areas during the first visit. I feel like I'm all over the place right now. Never felt so unsettled in a game.

I try to close out areas the best I can (no internet) before moving on. I'm sure there's a ton I'm missing. But I'm just trying to enjoy the game, and get to the ending. I'll leave all those mind bending puzzles for my next run.. NG+ is needed to get everything, including
3D

That bugged me too. I couldn't find one.

The game is always auto-saving in the background.
The only way to exit is by closing the app.

Majmun

Played the game for the first time yesterday. I'm suprised how polished the game is. There are so many details in the environments and the level design is really good. I'm also in love with the menu.

A really great product so far.

Just played my first hour or so on my Vita. It feels magical; reminds me of a Zelda game in a few cute little ways. I love the music, adore the NPCs you talk to in the village, and the visuals are outstanding. The rotation effect is amazing, although it hurts my brain a little at times. Such a clever game, I'm glad it made its way to PS platforms at long last.

Crispy75

You'll be able to >100% the game (ie. the 32 cube ending) just by going with the flow and maybe solving some of the blue cubes. In fact it's possible to collect enough blue cubes to completely miss out whole sections of the world and their yellow cubes (I did this on my first playthrough, then was delighted to discover the "new" areas the second time around). Getting all 64 cubes is best reserved for New Game+ and will take you a LONG TIME if you don't crack and run to gamefaqs (some blue cubes are practically impossible to get before NG+)

GlamFM

Banned
Played it on the VITA for the first time yesterday - cross-save with PS4 works and is completely awesome.

I think I will finish it on the VITA - never thought of it that way, but FEZ is a perfect handheld game.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Played it on the VITA for the first time yesterday - cross-save with PS4 works and is completely awesome.

I think I will finish it on the VITA - never thought of it that way, but FEZ is a perfect handheld game.
Every game is (potentially) a perfect handheld game :p.

N30RYU

I got 32 cubes right now in my first playtrough... do you recomend me to end the game and start NG+ or continue sarching for more cubes?

Crispy75

I got 32 cubes right now in my first playtrough... do you recomend me to end the game and start NG+ or continue sarching for more cubes?

Start NG+

There are two things it gives you that change the game.

This one the game tells you about and is essential for finding some blue cubes

1st person view

This one it doesn't tell you about and it's not requried, but it's very useful to know

press up 4 times then jump to fly

Top Bottom