• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEZ | Spreadsheet Version OT |

Ce-Lin

the game uses a shocking 112 MB of VRAM @1080p lol... and there's no .ini file or anything to bump that value like we could in Bioshock, seriously the GPU clock throttles down to 300 MHz and memory to 150 MHz same as I was reading some text document... so seems like the CPU does all the job here.. there's no excuse this game won't run on integrated GPU's, lazy port. Hitching/stuttering look hard-coded, a "feature" from the 360 version code, don't think we will see that fixed.

Anybody else getting loading times from hell? When i enter a house it takes about 15 seconds, and when i leave a house it takes over a whole minute.
It really disturbs the gaming experience. I have 6 GB RAM by the way.

Besides that the game runs fine so far.

If you like the soundtrack by Disasterpiece, you can find it here:

http://disasterpeace.com/album/fez

WdGTTbO.jpg

the game uses a shocking 112 MB of VRAM @1080p lol... and there's no .ini file or anything to bump that value like we could in Bioshock, seriously the GPU clock throttles down to 300 MHz and memory to 150 MHz same as I was reading some text document... so seems like the CPU does all the job here.. there's no excuse this game won't run on integrated GPU's, lazy port. Hitching/stuttering look hard-coded, a "feature" from the 360 version code, don't think we will see that fixed.

Oh well that would explain it.

iavi

There's a thing that happens very early in the game. I kind of wish I'd experienced for the first time on PC rather than the 360. It would have been a whole lot cooler and maybe more impactful as it's inconsistent with console gaming.

I experienced it for the first time on the PC, and had the experience I think you're wishing you had.

HoosTrax

There's a thing that happens very early in the game. I kind of wish I'd experienced for the first time on PC rather than the 360. It would have been a whole lot cooler and maybe more impactful as it's inconsistent with console gaming.
Making me really curious now. Guess I'll have to get home to find out for myself what this is referring to.

I have a hunch it's one of those Arkham Asylum / pre-Scarecrow-fight moments.

anddo0

Pausing the game to say. I think I'm in love. The soundtrack, my god, incredible! It's like nirvana. I'm glad I went into this blind.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

It's officially time for people like you to leave the thread. The game is out, let us play it fresh.

There is nothing worse then watching a movie with someone who's seen it and they sit behind you giggling going "oh man, this part is so cool, man you're going to love it". It's the same with games. Just shush.

daxy

Anti-cubes are purple, normal cubes are yellow.

You'll know when you find one. Generally you have to do something special to get one to appear.

I just found my second, again completely accidentally while I was trying to solve what I thought was another puzzle.

That's no fun ;____;

justjim89

Anyone else getting an issue where they can't continue a saved game? I've made about an hour and a half of progress, exited to game, and start it back up only to see the continue game option grayed out. The slot itself has my completion percentage marked, but all I can do is start a new game. I've seen the red cube save indicator plenty of times while playing, so why can't I resume? I've tried copying my save to other slots, but still no dice. Anyone else having this problem? What the hell is going on?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm not even talking about the big hitches that were in the 360 version, rather, the constant subtle skipping you get while scrolling almost as if the framerate isn't perfectly synchronized with the refresh rate. Very odd.

Ce-Lin

what's that split-second message in Chinese displaying every time I boot the game ? this port is hysterical seriously.

I'm not even talking about the big hitches that were in the 360 version, rather, the constant subtle skipping you get while scrolling almost as if the framerate isn't perfectly synchronized with the refresh rate. Very odd.

I know, 360 was proper stutter, as big stutter really, PC version is constant hitching, like 8 bit scrolling on MSX computers. Also if you try to force v-sync in the Catalyst/Nvidia drivers the game starts tearing instead of hitching, funny.

jett

D-Member
Goddamn this is a glitchy port. random black screens and crashes. The "game" itself is okay so far, it's neat. But it's annoying me.

Deepo

The game is constantly running at 58.6 FPS for me according to EVGA Precision. I suspect that has something to do with the stuttering.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Making me really curious now. Guess I'll have to get home to find out for myself what this is referring to.

I have a hunch it's one of those Arkham Asylum / pre-Scarecrow-fight moments.
<3

That thing in AA was fucking awesome. And scary too. I can only begin to imagine what Xbox owners must have felt in that moment.

Anyone else getting an issue where they can't continue a saved game? I've made about an hour and a half of progress, exited to game, and start it back up only to see the continue game option grayed out. The slot itself has my completion percentage marked, but all I can do is start a new game. I've seen the red cube save indicator plenty of times while playing, so why can't I resume? I've tried copying my save to other slots, but still no dice. Anyone else having this problem? What the hell is going on?
I managed to continue after experiencing 2 crashes to desktop just fine. I don't know what could be happening to you, maybe try disabling Steam Cloud.

Sober

Any reason some secret doors with symbols will open (the symbol glows) and others don't?

Also after seeing the big super cube at the start and that symbol dialogue
I get what the Idle Thumbs guys meant by there being a secret alphabet or whatever. Anyone got any clues as to how to even get started on it
or are most people just trying to dash straight to the end of the regular game right now?

daxy

I was just about to pull the trigger on this, but now that I am hearing about technical issues...

I'm running it fine in 1920x1080 on a low end laptop, strangely enough. As usual whoever's got issues brings it up, the rest just play. Not disregarding that the port has its share of issues, that's pretty evident, but it may not be as widespread as it seems. So far the game seems well worth the risk. Super fun.

Any reason some secret doors with symbols will open (the symbol glows) and others don't?

Also after seeing the big super cube at the start and that symbol dialogue
I get what the Idle Thumbs guys meant by there being a secret alphabet or whatever. Anyone got any clues as to how to even get started on it
or are most people just trying to dash straight to the end of the regular game right now?

In the locked house in the first world (or one those houses anyway) there are posters on the wall that seem to link some of the symbols to different shapes.

Ridley327

Goddamn this is a glitchy port. random black screens and crashes. The "game" itself is okay so far, it's neat. But it's annoying me.

I had some issues when I started a new game, but they all went away when I restarted the game.

It's running MUCH better than the 360 version is for me (what a stuttering piece of shit it was on that system), and it's quite beautiful at 1920x1080.

I'm running it fine in 1920x1080 on a low end laptop, strangely enough. As usual whoever's got issues brings it up, the rest just play. Not disregarding that the port has its share of issues, that's pretty evident, but it may not be as widespread as it seems. So far the game seems well worth the risk. Super fun.

I realize this, but I think I will wait until more people have played it just in case.

Not to mention that I have already played it on 360 a bit.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In the locked house in the first world (or one those houses anyway) there are posters on the wall that seem to link some of the symbols to different shapes.
I've seen that, but I didn't get enough information to be able to begin decoding it. To be honest, I didn't try to, I'll probably try to beat the game normally before starting those kind of puzzles.

daxy

I've seen that, but I didn't get enough information to be able to begin decoding it. To be honest, I didn't try to, I'll probably try to beat the game normally before starting those kind of puzzles.

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing myself. Don't want to lose track/get frustrated without having seen it through.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

FloatOn

wow. when everything goes 3d for the first time.... crazy link to the past triforce flashbacks.

looking forward to playing more later.

Feep

Banned
How long have they had to do this? The 360 version was buggy as hell, too. I have some sympathy for devs, because it's a difficult thing to manage, but this is a little ridiculous.

TheExodu5

Banned
The audio settings are useless...if you set anything and relaunch the game, it doesn't remember the settings. They stay wherever you set them, but the audio still clearly plays at 100%. Mildly annoying since this is super loud and I rather have it closer to 30% at all times.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I still have more than two hours until I can get home. I hope it runs for me. Also, I don't see any option in the Steam iOS app to remotely download it to my home machine. Hopefully it downloads fast.

Risible

I assume since there's no (external) cost involved to publish patches that Phil will get updates out to fix the errors lickety-split.

Totally unrelated, but is there an emoticon for sarcasm yet?

A bunch of bugs people are talking about went from buy right away to wait for 50% off or higher now. It's a shame, really was looking forward to playing it guess will have to wait a bit longer.

Amir0x

Banned
If you like the soundtrack by Disasterpiece, you can find it here:

http://disasterpeace.com/album/fez

WdGTTbO.jpg

Man people who don't like the Fez soundtrack are not people who I can be friends with!

The Fez OST is one of the greatest videogame soundtracks of all time, fuck just this gen.

I'm so happy PC players get to experience this now. Can't wait to hear a wide range of diverse opinions on this and I'm glad SalsaShark made this thread for the folks who haven't experienced it yet.

Top Bottom