• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEZ | Spreadsheet Version OT |

justjim89

Well, emailed my saves to the devs as instructed here but after about an hour and a half I've yet to even get a confirmation. I'm hoping this is resolved quickly, because I have no clue what else to try. Uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work. Restarting Steam didn't work. Rebooting my laptop didn't work. Starting a new game on a different slot doesn't work. No matter what, I'm unable to continue from a saved game. This is beyond frustrating. Good to know I paid $10 for a game I can only play in one fucking sitting.

Also, maybe related, but upon starting a new game, my game locks up and freezes at 2 spots: zooming in on Gomez's room in the first shot, and going outside and seeing grandpa. The only way I've been able to unfreeze is by alt+tabbing out and back in. Could this potentially be corrupting my saves?

Amir0x

Banned
shit the game has corrupt save issues again?

God someone needs to mod this game and fix all the shit they were too cheap to do :p

justjim89

How many people work at Polytron, anyway, is it like Phil Fish and 2 other guys sitting there trying to fix every issue?

Sorry to keep bitching, but I just fail to understand how it can clearly keep track of my save insofar as to have my percentage of completion marked, yet not allow me to continue from it. It's fucking baffling.

Keropon

Damn, I wanna experience the bugs too. Sadly no money on my paypal account.

does anyone wanna trade me FEZ for some copies of DOTA2 or a copy of RISEN on Steam? ='( please

justjim89

I was really enjoying this for the hour and change I played of it. I could certainly see signs of the secrets this game supposedly holds. Hopefully this save bullshit is quickly resolved before it permanently taints my enjoyment of the game.

Nokterian

If you like the soundtrack by Disasterpiece, you can find it here:

http://disasterpeace.com/album/fez

WdGTTbO.jpg

I love this music with this and Blood Dragon OST gonna play it 24/7.

Stoze

Ahh man I'm trudging through the last of my assignments and finals right now, I really want to break into this, gotta wait till Friday though. Concerning the soundtrack, I actually listened to the soundtrack sometime last year, and it really blew me away. I'm not someone who listens to a lot of videogame music outside of games, in fact there's only really 4 videogame OSTs that I listen to outside of gaming, and the soundtrack to FEZ is one of them. I've listened to the soundtrack countless times now and love it, even though I haven't even played the game. If you like the soundtrack check out Boards of Canada, their music has a very similar vibe to FEZ's music. Even though Hotline Miami's soundtrack was excellent, I felt like it overshadowed FEZ's incredible soundtrack last year.

justjim89

Well, shit. Back to Monaco it is, then. I suppose at least we can feel comforted in knowing this will see a patch, unlike the XBLA version.

jett

D-Member
I wish the movement was swifter, otherwise I'm enjoying my time with it. I also wish there was just more to do than just looking for blocks.

Had 5 crashes to desktop in my 3 hours of playing it. Had none at the start they appear to be more frequent unless its just because I'm progressing a lot quicker and solving more stuff.

HoosTrax

There's a minor bug where if you lose connection to your 360 controller (like running out of batteries for example...), the game locks up. I think I had this same problem with Saints Row 3 as well.

Loving the game itself so far. Really chill and relaxing, the pixelart is a joy to look at. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a hardcore platformer later. I did lol the first time I did a jump from a too-high distance and Gomez sort of went splat.

jbartee

EDIT: comment redacted because, despite my best intentions, I don't want to drag myself into a debate about art, games, and FEZ.

Ridley327

So that's how they figured out that particular problem that keyboard players could potentially run into (PUZZLE SPOILERS WITHIN):
Fish found an agreeable way to make the tuning fork puzzles possible for anyone without a controller. In addition to the rumble that you're supposed to pay attention to, there's a new soundbite that's been added that will alternate between the left and right audio channels. Pretty smart way of getting around that issue.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Phil Fish might be a cock juggling thundercunt but this is a helluva game.

8 Cubes and 2 anti-cubes so far.

nbthedude

What in the fuck are people doing playing this game looking at frame counters. It's like fucking Super Mario Brothers on NES and trying to determine the fps. It runs. You use a controller. You play it. You aren't bench marking this shit.

I have no idea what the fuck my framerate is in this game. I never even though to check. As far as I can tell there isn't even any action based platforming nor does it have precise jumping or comb or anything that would make framerate even remotely matter. Do you guys check your frame rate when you play point and click adventure games?

I get this stuff when you are playing a show piece game but um, who gives a fuck what the framerate or resolution is in an 8-bit retro puzzle platformer? As long as you aren't getting a slide show that makes it hard to play, why do you care? It's seriously an issue that you get 57 fps rather than 60fps? Is this parody?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What in the fuck are people doing playing this game looking at frame counters. It's like fucking Super Mario Brothers on NES and trying to determine the fps. It runs. You use a controller. You play it. You aren't bench marking this shit.

I have no idea what the fuck my framerate is in this game. I never even though to check. As far as I can tell there isn't even any action based platforming or combat that would even matter. Do you guys check your frame rate when you play point and click adventure games?

I get this stuff when you are playing a show piece game but um, who gives a fuck what the framerate or resolution is in an 8-bit retro puzzle platformer? As long as you aren't getting a slide show that makes it hard to play, why do you care?

Although I dont have that issue, its not a "lower framerate". But the game literally JUMPS 2 frames every second, which makes it constantly studder. No clue how to explain that better to you, but apparently you arent affected. No reason to shit on others here who have a quite valid issue with the game.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Where in the world is the last piece in the first part of the game? Geeze! I've been all over the place. I bet it's in some obscure location or inside a building I somehow haven't seen yet.

nbthedude

Where in the world is the last piece in the first part of the game? Geeze! I've been all over the place. I bet it's in some obscure location or inside a building I somehow haven't seen yet.

Some building hvae a front door and a "back door" that don't necessarily lead to the same place. I was having problems until I started looking for doors on all 4 planes.

nbthedude

Although I dont have that issue, its not a "lower framerate". But the game literally JUMPS 2 frames every second, which makes it constantly studder. No clue how to explain that better to you, but apparently you arent affected. No reason to shit on others here who have a quite valid issue with the game.

Fair enough, I just saw some dudes talking about the game not running at a full 60fps. If it runs choppy that is a different issue.

The thing is it is hard to tell whether the bugs are a predominant problem because people who have no problems rarely mention it whereas people who do always will. I have been through enough PC game launches to know that almost half the games that come out have comments that sounds like the game is dying and going to make your PC implode. There is no reasonable way to determine how wide spread the problems are from message board reactions.

Anyway, no problems here. I was just bemused at the idea of people loading up FRAPS with a game like this.

TheD

The Detective

I have no idea what the fuck my framerate is in this game. I never even though to check. As far as I can tell there isn't even any action based platforming nor does it have precise jumping or comb or anything that would make framerate even remotely matter. Do you guys check your frame rate when you play point and click adventure games?

I get this stuff when you are playing a show piece game but um, who gives a fuck what the framerate or resolution is in an 8-bit retro puzzle platformer? As long as you aren't getting a slide show that makes it hard to play, why do you care? It's seriously an issue that you get 57 fps rather than 60fps? Is this parody?

A game running at a frame rate that is not equally divisible by the refresh rate will have a noticeable judder.

It has nothing to do with benchmarking a system with a game like Fez.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've got no stutter, I'm assuming because I'm running D3Doverrider like all right minded individuals should be.

Ridley327

The only time it stutters for me is during transitions to different levels, but I can't say I'm surprised to hear that many others aren't so fortunate. It's impressive that the programming was done by one guy, but at the end of the day, I think the engine is basically a pile of crap.

Top Bottom