• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEZ | Spreadsheet Version OT |

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Check for closed doors, maybe?

I'm 16 cubes in, but only 1 anticube :(

Some building hvae a front door and a "back door" that don't necessarily lead to the same place. I was having problems until I started looking for doors on all 4 planes.
I found it. There's a door that just appears that wasn't there before when you go into the kitchen at one point. I was watching TacticalBacon's First Look and he had the same experience. Tricky tricky, sneaky sneaky, Fish.

I can't even play my game. It crashes to the desktop after the Trapdoor logo appears. Ugh.

edit: I think it's my systems fault not the game. So ignore this.

jett

D-Member
Finished it with 32 cubes. That was actually...really, really cool. Neat little game although I wish there was more to it. Guess I could search for the other 32 although some of those puzzles were super cryptic and I'm not sure I'm up for that. Then there's the fact that this game enjoys crashing in those puzzle rooms, at least on my PC. Oh well.

Salsa

im so ahead of myself, the amount of options on where to go is really fucking with me

I'll probably not finish the game till I get every cube, more fun that way

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I only have 5 anti-cubes and don't know how the fuck to get the remaining ones (not close to finishing the game yet). Half the rooms in the map have a "secrets" mark, and I don't even know how to begin solving them.

vid

Alright, I'm buying this for me and a friend as soon as I get home from work. I've been worried about the game being completely solved, but it looks like you've got a pretty good solution for that.

Invite me to your group, if you would be so kind.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vidkid7

HoosTrax

Eww. This is the first game I've ever played where Steam screenshots (F12) have my MSI Afterburner OSD display burned into the image.

daveo42

Banned
Just got about an 90 minutes down and so far I'm having a blast with moving around in three dimensions, though I have fallen a few times and have already found the
one room that seems to deal with the treasure map pieces.
No clue at the moment about what to actually do in there after fooling around for a bit.

I haven't really seen or noticed much of a stutter either like some were noticing earlier today. Also managed my first anti-cube and and about 9 regular ones. I think some of the secret rooms are going to rough figuring out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
My biggest problem is that I'm lost, can't seem to get back to the room with the 4-cube and 8-cube doors...

Fireblend

Banned
My biggest problem is that I'm lost, can't seem to get back to the room with the 4-cube and 8-cube doors...

Check the map, see what rooms you're supposed to go through to get back to the main hub, then check the doors available to you on the screen you're at to see which leads to the next one on that route.

Or, go to one of the rooms with a small teleporter thingy, and that should get you to a sub-hub. It should be easier to get back to the main hub from there.

daveo42

Banned

I think you can just use the world map to figure out where you are and what areas you need to warp back to. The Hub world should be near the bottom and mostly purple.

Ridley327

Finished it with 32 cubes. That was actually...really, really cool. Neat little game although I wish there was more to it. Guess I could search for the other 32 although some of those puzzles were super cryptic and I'm not sure I'm up for that. Then there's the fact that this game enjoys crashing in those puzzle rooms, at least on my PC. Oh well.

You actually can't get every cube in your first playthrough, for reasons that will be revealed when you decide to initiate a new game+.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
For some reason I forgot I had a map, thanks.

xJavonta

Banned
This game is awesome. Worth the wait

Also, I have not experienced any stuttering. I guess I'm just not used to perfect framerates and high res gullabaloo lol

mattiewheels

Btw, the soundtrack is so mesmerizing. Some of it sounds like it might have been influenced by Brian Eno's Evening Star. Wish I could buy it physically but I guess not.

HoosTrax

I'm not entirely fond of the Gameboy-esque levels. It's very hard to make out things you can interact with when everything is green-gray.

Blizzard

Banned
This is my first time playing it. The graphics are adorable and the soundtrack is neat. I also like some of the small touches, like the music becoming somewhat muted when you are hidden behind a wall.

I'm playing 1600x900 windowed since the fullscreen forces the 720p centering. Windowed seems to work okay though one dialogue box had the background not properly aligned with the text, possibly because this is not one of the recommended resolutions.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Watching that intro part in native resolution of Retina MBP, is like staring into perfection. Too bad it's a bit letterboxed from all sides in that resolution. Ah well, it only looks slightly worse when in 1080p, and it's full screen then.

Stuttering is a big shame and it clearly has nothing to do with hardware power or the resolution. It just happens regardless of anything :( At least the load times have been very quick for me, just 4-5 seconds.

M3z_

Does this thread contain unmarked spoilers? I want to make sure before I spend to much time in here.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Played it at 1440p. Feels upscaled but still looks nice.

I also get that 58-59fps reading via fraps and dxtory. I don't notice any sound stutter or any frame drops though. Really smooth. Streamed it earlier as well with no issue.

Ridley327

Does this thread contain unmarked spoilers? I want to make sure before I spend to much time in here.

Nothing yet; guys who have played it previously know better than to blurt things out, and it seems like the new players are tagging stuff just to be safe, too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not entirely fond of the Gameboy-esque levels. It's very hard to make out things you can interact with when everything is green-gray.
Oh, so that's why one screenshot of yours was green! I wonder when will I reach that section, it looked cool.

Sober

I think I have 12 cubes right now. No damn clue how you guys are getting anti-cubes, since I don't have a single one. That and I've left all the rooms with the "?" secret stuff alone because it seems way too cryptic for me to figure out. Don't think I've even tried one yet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think I have 12 cubes right now. No damn clue how you guys are getting anti-cubes, since I don't have a single one. That and I've left all the rooms with the "?" secret stuff alone because it seems way too cryptic for me to figure out. Don't think I've even tried one yet.
Couple of rather easy puzzles, some of which involve
putting blocks in specific -and marked- places, or decoding a QR code and inputting the button sequence you get from that.

im at 32 cubes I think

game just "opened up" or at least revealed part of it's true nature and man
Between regular cubes and anti-cubes? Or just the former? Because the game seems to count both as one, so it told me I had 16 when in fact it was 13 of the former and like 3 of the latter.

mattiewheels

I just saw the
qr code
that's blocked by scaffolding...is that something I should just forget about for now?

M3z_

Up to 18 cubes 16 normal 2 anti

Maybe this is obvious but I'm guessing
that the blackhole stuff arises from gathering a disproportionate amount of normal cubes to anti-cubes and that's why you will need to start a new game plus?

Anyways, game is exceptional

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The game is constantly running at 58.6 FPS for me according to EVGA Precision. I suspect that has something to do with the stuttering.
That's exactly it. I haven't used any tools but my eyes were telling me exactly that (the framerate isn't matching the refresh rate).

Surely there is some way to remove this limitation and allow it to run at 60 fps instead.

pakkit

Banned
So glad more people are experiencing this...It's really a two-part game. Both sides offer a lot to the player that's willing to explore and take their time with the mechanics.

justjim89

Randomly my save issue resolved itself when starting a new game. Perplexing but reassuring. Plated for about 2.5 straight hours and am really enjoying this game. I have 15 cubes and 3 anti-cubes
the achievement list tells you how to get an anti-cube, folks.
and I just got past the 16 cube door.

I posted this in the group discussion but I'll post it here, too.

I just entered the 16 cube door and entered the village. I'm seeing a bunch of other people who speak the same language as the big cube at the beginning. In some rooms there are notes on the walls that seem to hint towards translations, but nothing concrete. There's also a big ass owl in one of the rooms and the companion says something rather cryptic about it. Need to solve this code. Or is this nothing to worry about yet?

Salsa

How long did the game take to beat?

this isnt really a spoiler and it'll probably answer what you're asking, but im still tagging it cause I really dont want anyone to go into it expecting anything in particular

getting to the "ending" and starting New Game+ is not the end of the game. Not even close. I've played 6 hours so far, but without spoiling it there's a very good reason why the game isnt over and it's not like you'd keep playing just to collect stuff, it's literally like the mid-point of the game

Gambit61

Damn you guys are fast, only got to 4 cubes so far. Guess I'll be able to catch up tomorrow since I'm free. How long does a normal run through take?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
New patch already. Still don't work on my intel gpu laptop. Well, gonna have to wait until the week-end, and play it on desktop.

fuck me, always lttp for some reason or another. :/

ameridion

Neo Member
Damn you guys are fast, only got to 4 cubes so far. Guess I'll be able to catch up tomorrow since I'm free. How long does a normal run through take?

It took me 4 hours at 100.4% 26 cubes and 6 anticubes to get to new game + and now I have no idea how to keep progressing. BTW if I bought the GOG version can I still get invited to the steam group?

In any case here is my steam profile. Thanks
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameridion/

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
fez-framerate.jpg
Any luck correcting this?

The game runs fixedtimestep which seems to be the real issue here.

Top Bottom