• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEZ | Spreadsheet Version OT |

Stoze

Alright I couldn't help but crack into the game, only played for an hour and a half. Really awesome presentation and sound design. I love how mysterious the game is, I assume
the yellow cube's speech and the other places that you see those characters need to do be deciphered.
I shall continue tomorrow night.

Played it for about half an hour, I love everything in it so far, except for the random crash that forced me to quit. Visually speaking it's simply beautiful, and the OST makes everything perfect.

Played it for a half hour. Got a couple cubes. Really cool game. Awesome exploration. Can't wait to devote a little more time to it.

Oh god this thread keeps taunting me.

I really have to get this one, performance issues or not. The 360 version was so good already, until my console fried.

Salsa

im playing at a res with black bars/with some little stuttering but honestly it doesnt get in the way of my enjoyment like at all

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all really think you'll get a patch? Just kinda curious on how you all feel.

Geoff9920

Y'all really think you'll get a patch? Just kinda curious on how you all feel.
That's the beauty of PC games, if a dev decides to never patch their game there's always fan made fixes. Besides, there's no price or limit on steam updates. No reason not to patch it.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm thinking of trying to break the alphabetic code (the hexahedron's speech) through some simple frequency analysis. I guess the game wants me to try and find the key somewhere within it, but I guess that would be a valid method too, assuming that the blank character in weird-language actually is a word-delimiter (actually, I can probably just delete all blank characters and figure that out myself). Sounds like it would make sense unless it's using a much more sophisticated encryption scheme.

Ridley327

Randomly my save issue resolved itself when starting a new game. Perplexing but reassuring. Plated for about 2.5 straight hours and am really enjoying this game. I have 15 cubes and 3 anti-cubes
the achievement list tells you how to get an anti-cube, folks.
and I just got past the 16 cube door.

I posted this in the group discussion but I'll post it here, too.

I just entered the 16 cube door and entered the village. I'm seeing a bunch of other people who speak the same language as the big cube at the beginning. In some rooms there are notes on the walls that seem to hint towards translations, but nothing concrete. There's also a big ass owl in one of the rooms and the companion says something rather cryptic about it. Need to solve this code. Or is this nothing to worry about yet?

I wouldn't worry too terribly much about it until NG+, but yeah, translating the game's language is going to be a big part of solving some of the game's mysteries. The game has a rather genius way of revealing the key to deciphering it, too.

Got this last night and played for about an hour or so. Game looks beautiful and I was instantly hooked. Have to say though, I'm not really having any of the issues others seem to be having. At least so far I'm not.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
25 normal cubes 6 anti-cubes

I'm just playing on intel 4000 gfx right now and the game runs at 60 pretty constantly.

Also please add me to group
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012981264

I recall reading someone earlier in the thread mention that Intel GPU's weren't supported. Glad the 4000 works.

As far as bugs go, the very first area in the game (the room) sort of stood there and the character wouldn't appear. On 2nd attempt it was good and I've had nothing go wrong since.

God I love reading everyone's ideas about what to solve and how to go about it. It's such a wide open mystery on first encounter.

zashga

My game got off to a rocky start. The opening cutscenes decided to hang, so I got a black screen for 30 seconds right after hitting "start new game" for the first time. For some reason that fixed itself when I alt tabbed out, but then the game got permanently stuck zoomed in on the old man when I left the house. Eventually I just hit "start new game" again, and everything worked the second time around.

Fun game so far, aside from that. Found my first anti cube!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
WOW!

Played for a couple of hours. Found
one of those black cubes, yes! Was sort of spoiled by browsing through the achievement list, and had heard something about the QR code room somewhere..

Game runs amazingly well on my desktop, 1080p and 60 fps(?), no black bars, stuttering, tearing or anything. Which is nice, since my laptop wouldn't play it at all.. :p

and WOW again. The atmosphere in this game is unbelievable. It's been a long time since I was so sucked right into a game immediately like this.

Good times!

Coconut

Banned
WOW!

Played for a couple of hours. Found
one of those black cubes, yes! Was sort of spoiled by browsing through the achievement list, and had heard something about the QR code room somewhere..

Game runs amazingly well on my desktop, 1080p and 60 fps, no tearing or anything.

and WOW again. The atmosphere in this game is unbelievable. It's been a long time since I was so sucked right into a game immediately like this.

Good times!

What is your setup because that 60fps from most accounts shouldn't be happening.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I found the completed
QR code
last night but
my phone wouldn't recognize it. I was trying to use Google Goggles.

I edited it with Photoshop and tried again and it still won't work...

http://i.minus.com/i0zX5RZzrqy6X.png <-- SPOILER IMAGE BUT NOT REALLY A SPOILER KIND OF BUT IT IS

Little help? I don't know why it won't even recognize this one. I changed the colors and everything.

M3z_

I found the completed
QR code
last night but
my phone wouldn't recognize it. I was trying to use Google Goggles.

I edited it with Photoshop and tried again and it still won't work...

http://i.minus.com/i0zX5RZzrqy6X.png <-- SPOILER IMAGE BUT NOT REALLY A SPOILER KIND OF BUT IT IS

Little help? I don't know why it won't even recognize this one. I changed the colors and everything.

Do you want me to tell you what it means? I did that one already and I can translate it for you if you want.

The following is the translation of that image, be warned if you don't want to know it.
Used my phone QR Reader and it spat out "RT RT LT RT LT LT LT RT"

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Do you want me to tell you what it means? I did that one already and I can translate it for you if you want.

The following is the translation of that image, be warned if you don't want to know it.
Used my phone QR Reader and it spat out "RT RT LT RT LT LT LT RT"
Interesting that it wouldn't work for me. Even with
Google Goggles
. Thanks. Now to
test it out and see if it does anything...
if I can just remember which room it was. Map time!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
What is your setup because that 60fps from most accounts shouldn't be happening.

Ok, I shouldn't say for sure then, but it feels like 60 fps to me. At least no stuttering, tearing or black bars or anything, which I have heard people complain about.

Coconut

Banned
Ok, I shouldn't say for sure then, but it feels like 60 fps to me. At least no stuttering, tearing or black bars or anything, which I have heard people complain about.
I stuttering very, very, very, subtle more like a silent hiccup.

I need a QR code reader for my iPhone the one I got doesn't cut it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I stuttering very, very, very, subtle more like a silent hiccup.

I need a QR code reader for my iPhone the one I got doesn't cut it.

Try i-nigma . That worked for me

CompC

I played for a couple of hours and took a break. I'm loving the game so far. Had a few issues at the beginning where I couldn't move, but after restarting the game it was okay.

Apparently during my little break it updated to 1.03, and now I can't play the game at all. I hope it's fixed soon, I want to keep playing it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
This is one of the buggier pc games I've played in the past year =\
It's crashed on me like 7 times and I've fallen through geometry many a time.

I had to look up the solution to one puzzle so far just because if I spent more than about 40 seconds trying to solve it myself the game would crash.

Other than that it seems all right. I like the mystery and the unknown language I assume I'll eventually need to figure out. I do *not* like how short the fall distance is before it instantly kills you. At least let me try to grab onto a vine or ledge. It can make backtracking a really annoying process because I can't just jump down from the top to get back to the start.

Ce-Lin

I've been playing build 1.03 since early this morning, hitching may be somewhat reduced but I think that's just a placebo effect or me being used to it, patch notes don't mention it at all.

Gilby

I can't get this game to run. My computer's a POS, but I was hoping this game would at least run poorly :(.

I hate my computer.

justjim89

Just got done playing for another hour and change. Since the patch, I'm now having black bars around my screen when I wasn't last night. That's peculiar. I'm up to 81% complete, with 21 cubes and 5 anti-cubes. (don't ask me how I keep stumbling into the damn things, I know some folks are having trouble finding them.) Really enjoying this game, even if this is only really the first "half" of it.

As of now, is the only thing to do in the village of people who talk in code get stuff from the rooms and look at the 32 cube door? I've looked in all the rooms and there doesn't seem to be anything else to do there now.

I also found the Game Boy-esque mine level and mostly cleared it out, with the exception of a secret or two. That was really cool. I just came upon the graveyard level before I stopped playing. Eager to explore that.

God damn this is a really satisfying game to play. Every little gold border that appears on my map is like a pat on the back. Every time I stumble upon an anti-cube, or fill up 8 cube shards, or a locked door that I have a key for, is like a little dopamine drip straight to my brain.

Also, this room took me way too long to figure out. I felt so stupid when I got it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Also, this room took me way too long to figure out. I felt so stupid when I got it.

I love that room. I got it right away. But only because I think I might have been spoiled about what to do. I mean come on, it took a year to finally get the game, spoilers were almost inevitable.

But I have avoided all the major stuff. I only saw small tiny puzzles and gameplay thankfully. 98% of the game is still unspoiled for me.

Also, about the village
where people have big heads. They don't talk for me. At all. No speech bubble and the audio they play cuts off immediately after they move into position. The big cube at the start talked fine for me. Maybe a restart will fix it for me.
It's the only problem I've had so far.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I love that room. I got it right away. But only because I think I might have been spoiled about what to do. I mean come on, it took a year to finally get the game, spoilers were almost inevitable.

But I have avoided all the major stuff. I only saw small tiny puzzles and gameplay thankfully. 98% of the game is still unspoiled for me.

Also, about the village
where people have big heads. They don't talk for me. At all. No speech bubble and the audio they play cuts off immediately after they move into position. The big cube at the start talked fine for me. Maybe a restart will fix it for me.
It's the only problem I've had so far.

Definitely try a restart. I had a bug where I couldn't drop down from platforms anymore. Drove me nuts until I finally just restarted.

FloatOn

about an hour in and...

Block push tetris shapes puzzle is giving me a hard time.

remind me to not drink and play this game.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It finally happened to me, I solved a puzzle room randomly. It was in the green hub:
I hit the triggers randomly and got the cube. I tried reverse engineering what I did with whatever markings were on that door to see if I could figure out the language at all, but what I hit just doesn't seem to match up to the door symbols :(

Salsa

man im really fucking close. 32 normal cubes and most of the other ones. I've gotten this far without participating in the group/discussing it at all, gonna try to keep at it. The satisfaction im gonna get if I figure the whole game out on my own is gonna be the most rewarding shit ever

I only need to still figure out one.. cipher, let's say

game is fucking amazing

also: half the people saying "im X%, game's awesome" reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally dont know even the half of it yet. I wanna see all your faces later on, sogood

Doing alright I guess, I got 20 cubes and 2 anti-cubes...definitely feeling like this game will defeat me. I've got one question and you guys can spoiler this if you feel it necessary, but is it possible to uncover every 'secret' at any time, or is there stuff I need to unlock first? I have so many rooms that have secrets marked on them that I don't even know how to start on.

megalowho

Ended up double dipping. The start of this game is still really cool, so much to explore and take in. Soundtrack is even better in game than I remembered, such a great fit. So many screenshots..

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
gonna try to keep at it. The satisfaction im gonna get if I figure the whole game out on my own is gonna be the most rewarding shit ever

I'm attempting the same, or as much as possible anyway. I just started today though, but I know jack shit about the game from outside sources and plan on keeping it that way.

Top Bottom