• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 (360/PS3/PC) |OT| ITS NOT A RESKIN DAMNIT

Mascot

Is there any news yet about FIFA 15? Is it being developed with Bone/PS4 as lead platforms? Brand new engine or anything?

The last few FIFAs have been terrishit, especially online.

Blackhead

Redarse
Just quit a game because I was down 6-0 after my keeper failed to make a single save.

I aim never to quit as even a trashing is good practice. In a recent Seasons match I was 3-0 down at half time, got a goal early in the second half and kept plugging away. 89th minute corner and my keeper comes up for it and scores! Right from the kickoff, I press for the ball, work it around a bit, chip a through pass and grab the equalizer with the final kick of the game.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Let's see some of your guys FUT squads. I have alot of friends who just stick with BPL teams and its so lame seeing the same players. Rooney this, Cech that boring!

Here's my starting 11 and subs. Went for a Serie A team.

Stats
  • Formation 3-5-2
  • Rating 85
  • Att: 84
  • Mid: 82
  • Def: 84

Starting 11
  • IF Balotelli - IF Tevez
  • IF - Mertens
  • IF - Cuadrado
  • Pirlo - De Rossi
  • IF Chiellini - IF Benatia - Barzagli
  • IF Buffon

Subs
  • Di Natale (Love this guy)
  • IF Kaka
  • Gomez
  • IF Vidal
  • Totti or El Shaarawy
  • Marchisio or Essien
  • IF Campagnaro

I aim never to quit as even a trashing is good practice. In a recent Seasons match I was 3-0 down at half time, got a goal early in the second half and kept plugging away. 89th minute corner and my keeper comes up for it and scores! Right from the kickoff, I press for the ball, work it around a bit, chip a through pass and grab the equalizer with the final kick of the game.

Eh, it was like the 70th minute and I couldn't get anything going. Better not to waste anyone's time.

Hasney

Is there any news yet about FIFA 15? Is it being developed with Bone/PS4 as lead platforms? Brand new engine or anything?

The last few FIFAs have been terrishit, especially online.

No. There will be at E3,but it'll probably use the same engine since they hyped the shit out of it.

Yea, the Ignite engine on PS4 is their brand new engine and it is pretty great to be fair. I hope we see improved AI on defense and with the refs. Tweaked physics and improved collision detection should help too.

Of course I know that Over the Top balls aren't ever going to change so it makes me sad.

Playing against AI sucks but people online are basically douchebags. So the choices for enjoying this flawed game are slim.

Non-stop lob through balls is annoying and people who don't skip replays are the worst people in existence.

I'm not great by any means (something like 63-30-52, a handful of titles) but even after all these matches everything still feels nearly completely out of my control. When I pull off like 5 wins in a row and can't stop scoring it doesn't feel like I've done anything differently than when I'm getting trounced and can't even tie a game. I'm constantly fighting my guys to get them to go and do what I want. Not to mention the keeper play. It's fun to have something to play in short bursts but after all of this it kind of feels like I've wasted my time.

Mascot

Classic FIFA. Not wishing to downplay your skills or anything, but the game was probably giving you assistance here for dramatic effect, if my experiences are anything to go by.

Playing against AI sucks but people online are basically douchebags. So the choices for enjoying this flawed game are slim.

Non-stop lob through balls is annoying and people who don't skip replays are the worst people in existence.

I'm not great by any means (something like 63-30-52, a handful of titles) but even after all these matches everything still feels nearly completely out of my control. When I pull off like 5 wins in a row and can't stop scoring it doesn't feel like I've done anything differently than when I'm getting trounced and can't even tie a game. I'm constantly fighting my guys to get them to go and do what I want. Not to mention the keeper play. It's fun to have something to play in short bursts but after all of this it kind of feels like I've wasted my time.

Try messing around with the AI sliders. I've found that you can improve the experience dramatically.

velociraptor

I can't believe how dead this OT is with FIFA being so big lol.

I don't suppose anyone would mind gifting a few Season Draws to me or better a Season Promotion? I need to at least draw my next game but can't use the perk until 3 levels up which is a pain.

I can return some FUT coins, contracts or boots for your Pro.

That sucks man. Had any luck? I don't know how it stands for most people but I know KSI was given 500,000 coins and a Legend or two when he got hacked a few months back.
Nope :(

It seems to be such a headache to even get a customer support rep.

I've had no luck so far. I guess I'll try again this week.

Rockyrock

Classic FIFA. Not wishing to downplay your skills or anything, but the game was probably giving you assistance here for dramatic effect, if my experiences are anything to go by.

Yep, we all know the FIFA handicap exists.

You will even get banned from their forums if you so much as mention it.

Mascot

Seriously: fuck this game and its shitty connection balancing. I just played three matches against the same person (Real vs Liverpool) and in every one his players were always first to the ball, they made all their tackles, intercepted most of my passes, they had all the close control and all could easily outpace my team. His goalkeeper was superhuman whereas mine was a fucking scarecrow. His host advantage was utterly ridiculous.

Is there ANY more frustrating gaming experience on the planet when it's like this?

I started a new career game as a defender and I get subbed nearly every game at around the 60 minute mark, whether I play fantastic or not. Whatever, I figured I'm still inexperienced, or I'm out of stamina, or some other rational explanation. Then I began to notice that it was never my name that showed during the substitution scenes, which I typically skip through. This time I finally decide to hit "watch rest of the game" after getting 'subbed' and I'm totally still on the field playing, though AI controlled.

What is this garbage

Well, I've decided to stop playing FUT for this year. After years of playing I can't cope with the shit anymore xD

If anyone wants some cheap coins let me know, at least I can get something back xD

Korosenai

So, I just got Fifa 14 today (it's my first Fifa game)... and i'm kind of overwhelmed with all of the options and what to do. Could someone give me a quick rundown and what modes there are and what each one does?

Like, what exactly is Ultimate Team and what can I do with it? And is seasons how I can easily play with people online? Can I play with people online in Play now?

Linius

Seasons is the head to head online modus with standard teams. Ultimate team also allows you to go head to head against other people but it works with cards. You have to get packs to save cards and there by create your team. I don't play it so I don't know the details but I'm sure someone can tell you more about it.

And of course there's online clubs. You join a club and all the members in the club control one player on the pitch. If you're not online with 11 people at the same time the other players will be AI controlled I believe. Not sure what platform you're on, but I think we have a Gaf club on most platforms. At least PC and PS4 have a club going.

I just got 14 myself yesterday to finally participate in some clubs action.

LNBL

So, I just got Fifa 14 today (it's my first Fifa game)... and i'm kind of overwhelmed with all of the options and what to do. Could someone give me a quick rundown and what modes there are and what each one does?

Like, what exactly is Ultimate Team and what can I do with it? And is seasons how I can easily play with people online? Can I play with people online in Play now?

Ultimate team is the most popular mode in Fifa and the one people cry about when they pull a Heskey from a pack instead of a Messi. You basically collect cards of players and create your Ultimate team, the players need to be connected through chemistry by either having the same nation, same club or same league. You collect coins by playing matches and can either gamble the coins by buying these card packs or go onto the transfer market and buy the player you want directly.

Ellasman

Thought I'd share my squads. My friend, my brother and I all share the same FUT so I didn't do all of this myself. They are in order of how often I use them.

Liga 4-3-3 (5) 83-86-84

Griezmann (82) - Neymar - Di Maria
Cesc Fabregas - Xabi Alonso - Xavi
Marcelo - Sergio Ramos - Pique - Dani Alves
Victor Valdes

Brazil 4-3-3 (5) 83-82-83

Willian - Neymar - Hulk
Diego (Atletico) - Luis Gustavo - Felipe Melo (82)
Marcelo - Miranda - Thiago Silva - Dani Alves
Diego Alves

BBVA Bundes 4-3-3 (5) 84-86-84

Reus - Neymar - Di Maria
Schweinsteiger - Javi Martinez - Xavi
Alaba (82) - Hummels - Sergio Ramos - Dani Alves
Adler

Bundesliga 4-1-2-1-2 83-85-84

Lewandowski - Aubameyang
Gotze
Reus - Muller
Schweinsteiger
Alaba - Boateng - Hummels - Lahm
Adler

Speedhoven

Neo Member
This game is awful compared to previous instalments. The rubberbanding/momentum has never been worse. There is no concistency in the online gameplay. They have butchered the competitive aspect of this game. And the FUT market is a little bit too cheap :/

I have played over 1k games in all Fifa games since 10, but i am now taking a break. I will probobly wait with FIfa for atleast 2 years so they will hopefully fix all this rubberbanding.

itC9ZsWYSPMzt.gif

Not given as a penalty, not even a foul. I've complained in this thread before about the game's hesitance to call fouls in the player's favour, but that one is just absurd. Look at that!

To be honest, I sometimes think I genuinely wouldn't mind an option for the inclusion of referee error in the game, for reality's sake, but the fineness of margins under which offside will be called in this game kills my ability to understand all of the other errors.

Linius

To be honest, I sometimes think I genuinely wouldn't mind an option for the inclusion of referee error in the game, for reality's sake, but the fineness of margins under which offside will be called in this game kills my ability to understand all of the other errors.

Oh man, don't even start. Sometimes the lines they draw in the replay seem to be on top of each other not visible for the human eye :lol

But building in ref errors would be horrible imo. I'm already fuming if in real life football the ref screws my club over. I think I'll need to buy a stach of controllers if that starts happening in FIFA on a regular basis.

They're interpretation of Offsides is straight up wrong. They aren't supposed to blow the whistle until the offender touches the ball, and they often don't do that. It is infuriating.

The idea of having each ref have different tendencies is awful because of the general inconsistency every match has for fouls. They need to fix the physics engine a little I think.

Hasney

They did that in one of the Champions League games and it was awful. They even had the commentators mention it when it happen and it just made you think "Fuck this game". Especially when it came to offside.

I keep getting the "EA servers are not available" message.

Everything though seems fine: no word on twitter from EA, Live is up and running, and I an access the FUT web app.

Anyone?

EDIT: it was my console forgetting network settings. Go figure.

Ape

Banned
Guys, can I do an online season with another player? They choose a team and I choose a team we both just play the season out. Is that possible?

Hasney

Guys, can I do an online season with another player? They choose a team and I choose a team we both just play the season out. Is that possible?

There's a co-op "season" mode, but it involves playing 10 games to see if you get promoted or relegated. There's no real life season.

iFootball

And for those of us who don't like FUT at all "FIFA World Cup Kick-Off mode"... whatever that means.

EASPORTSFIFA Twitter said:
Don’t play #FUT? Also out 29 May, FIFA World Cup Kick-Off mode comes to #FIFA14 players on XB1 & PS4 - free update! pic.twitter.com/Y3dxz8SKMp
https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/469827831245963264/photo/1

EDIT: I found some more information about it in the press-release:
EA said:
In conjunction with the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup update, a FIFA World Cup Kick Off mode will be available as part of the May 29 automatic download^ for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. All 32 National Teams competing in 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, the Estadio do Maracana, and the official match ball will be available for fans playing on Xbox One or PS4.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Guys I have a question about Fifa 14.

We are 6 friends on Xbox One, is there any way to play 3vs3 game? I honestly can't find this feature. And its hard to believe there isn't any way to play against your friends.

LNBL

Guys I have a question about Fifa 14.

We are 6 friends on Xbox One, is there any way to play 3vs3 game? I honestly can't find this feature. And its hard to believe there isn't any way to play against your friends.

I'm not sure what the max nr of controllers on XB1 is. But when you start a kick off match, you should be able to see 6 controllers then that can shift to the home side or away side.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'm not sure what the max nr of controllers on XB1 is. But when you start a kick off match, you should be able to see 6 controllers then that can shift to the home side or away side.

lol I know about that, but I am not talking about local play. I am talking about my friends playing from their place and I am playing from my place. Just to make it simpler to understand, it like a Titanfall private match.

Mascot

Holy fuck, no game on the planet (not even GT5) gives you the highest highs then bait & switches you with the lowest lows. What a fucking inbalanced pile of shit.

At its best there is no game I'd rather play, and I have not played any game over the years more than FIFA. But Jesus wept, the same old broken bullshit making it in year after year is just criminal, and the online experience remains a coin toss as to who will be handed overwhelming host advantage.

On the plus side I'm currently locked in to being a superhost and am enjoying embarrassing Barca, Real, Bayern and PSG abusers with my half-star team of York City superheroes.

But seriously: fuck this game, I hate this game, I love this game.

Top Bottom