• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 (360/PS3/PC) |OT| ITS NOT A RESKIN DAMNIT

Hasney

Navas is best player i've ever got in a pack. The only bad thing is he's pretty weak and gets shoved off the ball easily.

My team at the moment Ultimate team. 3 at the back and every player with great ball control.

Nice team. Hate playing 3 at the back with wing back sides as my weak but pacey wingers get bullied 2 on 1 too often!

Just bought Navas and Cedrick with the profits with Engine chemistry cards for each so they should cause some problems against slower teams, especially on the counter. Scored so many goals on the counter now with everyone trying to team up on Castro or one of the wingers on the ball, leaving a late arriving Soldado to show up and bang one in. It's fantastic.

Just waiting on my transfers to end then I've got enough for another premium gold since Essien is selling from my last pack. Pretty sure I've used up all my luck now.

Just reminded me of a team I was playing against a couple of nights ago. He had 4 team of the year players including Ronaldo, Messi and Neuer and 4 team of the week players. He sounded 12 on voice chat and had clearly managed to spend a bomb on the team with real money, but he was crap at actually playing it.

I just shoved Pique on Ronaldo for most of the game and he almost had a fit when I went 1-0 up. Couldn't beat Neuer for most of the game and Ronaldo got away twice, gave away a penalty the first time and the second involved a lucky clearance getting to him and I had no answer to get back with his ridiculous pace. I managed to get a Soldado header in the 89th minute to draw the match though and he almost screamed his rectum through his throat. Was a good feeling.

nampad

Is there a way to mute the other player online? It's annoying as fuck to hear people's TVs and so in the background, not to speak of the kiddie voices.

Allforce

This is my first FIFA game, I'm playing on PS4, I really like it so far but I have a few questions that some vets probably know the simple answers to:

1. Is there any way to just do an offline season with one of these European leagues? Like the Barclays Premier League or any of the others? I just want to play against the CPU and win a championship.

2. When it comes to control, I'm playing on Classic and doing ok, but there's a lot of advanced stuff that the game doesn't spell out for you. How does using R1 for "Finesse Shot Modifier" work with shots? What does L1 "Player Run/Modifier" do?

3. What does the Right Stick do in regards to offense? I seem to be able to do a bunch of fancy dribbling with it but is that it's main function?

Thanks for any help!

Hasney

This is my first FIFA game, I'm playing on PS4, I really like it so far but I have a few questions that some vets probably know the simple answers to:

1. Is there any way to just do an offline season with one of these European leagues? Like the Barclays Premier League or any of the others? I just want to play against the CPU and win a championship.

2. When it comes to control, I'm playing on Classic and doing ok, but there's a lot of advanced stuff that the game doesn't spell out for you. How does using R1 for "Finesse Shot Modifier" work with shots? What does L1 "Player Run/Modifier" do?

3. What does the Right Stick do in regards to offense? I seem to be able to do a bunch of fancy dribbling with it but is that it's main function?

Thanks for any help!

1. I don't think there is anymore, at least on PS4. Career mode as a player-manager is fun though.

2. Finesse Shots will make your player try and place the shot with a bit of curl instead of powering it in. Results will vary based on the attributes of the player but for best practice, I go for power with people who aren't renowned for finishing and finesse for awkward-ish angled shots with good players. L1 makes the player who you're pointing the left stick towards try running behind the defence.

3. It's for ball skills, so dribbling yes. What you can pull off will depend how many skill stars the player on the ball has, but here's a list of all of them:

http://www.fifaencyclopedia.com/fifa-14-skill-moves

Eanan

I hope that Fifa 15 on pc is the exact same as the xbone/ps4 version, as its the only game id need a next gen console for.

Hasney

I hope that Fifa 15 on pc is the exact same as the xbone/ps4 version, as its the only game id need a next gen console for.

They took 4 years to go to the 360 version from PS2 last time, so don't hold your breath.

Anyone fancy doing an online friendly season on PS4? Last thing I need to platinum it. PSN: Hasney.

Eanan

They took 4 years to go to the 360 version from PS2 last time, so don't hold your breath.
Id like to think they wont make a repeat of that, as PC gaming is a lot more popular and profitable now than it was back then, but I guess time will tell. Not dropping ~€500 on a next gen console just for fifa either.

Hasney

Cheers Putin for the series. Got hammered a couple of times but the 4-4 was great fun. After all that, the bloody trophy didn't unlock anyway. Thanks Obama EA.

Id like to think they wont make a repeat of that, as PC gaming is a lot more popular and profitable now than it was back then, but I guess time will tell. Not dropping ~€500 on a next gen console just for fifa either.

If EA PR wasn't talking out of their arse (would be a first) then they were selling well on PC regardless apparently and to lower spec machines quite often, so they don't want to lose that. Hope he is talking shit though as I remember when all I wanted to play was PC and it was bullshit waiting.

EDIT: Platinum unlocked after going back into online friendlies. JOB DONE!

Eanan

If EA PR wasn't talking out of their arse (would be a first) then they were selling well on PC regardless apparently and to lower spec machines quite often, so they don't want to lose that. Hope he is talking shit though as I remember when all I wanted to play was PC and it was bullshit waiting.

EDIT: Platinum unlocked after going back into online friendlies. JOB DONE!
Hmm yeah that is possibly true but also the fact that next gen games are made with PC architecture nowadays and vritually direct ports of PC games, means they have no excuse really not to port then over with the new engine etc. but EA never cease to amase and always seem to have other agendas so you may be right come the summmer when we find out.

Hasney

Hmm yeah that is possibly true but also the fact that next gen games are made with PC architecture nowadays and vritually direct ports of PC games, means they have no excuse really not to port then over with the new engine etc. but EA never cease to amase and always seem to have other agendas so you may be right come the summmer when we find out.

You'd hope. I always thought they should do 2 versions, the next gen one at full price and a legacy edition at a budget price, but it might get confusing I guess.

They'll probably put the PS3 and 360 versions as just roster updates in a couple of years too so it's basically already ported annoyingly. Hell, FIFA 14 came out on PS2 still so someone must be buying them.

Portugeezer

So uhh... is there any way of defending headers?

I only seem to concede headers, whereas I score what would be considered normal goals. It's maddening. I have Mangala and Thiago Silva in central defence for sucks sake.

Sweaty piece of shit game.

Hasney

So uhh... is there any way of defending headers?

I only seem to concede headers, whereas I score what would be considered normal goals. It's maddening. I have Mangala and Thiago Silva in central defence for sucks sake.

Sweaty piece of shit game.

Don't push a button until you're set just in front of the attacker, then use the shoot button to clear. Worst case scenario, you'll flick it on if you're too far forward.

Got Ramos and Pique and the only headers I concede are fast break crosses usually.

Hasney

Unpacked an Eden Hazard and sold him, bought David Silva to play as a fake CAM with in a 4-4-2(2) with half of it and it's worked wonders. In division 2 online now.

Kovet

i hate to sound like some annoying asshole but im playing the game on the ps4 and am just not enjoying it. every time i play a game online in seasons it feels as if one team is inherently faster then another. as in players react quicker and run slightly faster (or not bogged down like one team does). Does anyone else feel this or am i crazy?

That's because it is an awful game and there is host advantage. Get out now while you can. I don't recommend this game to anyone unless you are playing with friends.

velociraptor

FUCK sake my FUT account got hacked.

All my players gone.

Help?

I waited 20 minutes on EA customer support line (UK) and the bastards didn't answer despite an estimated wait time of 4 minutes.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I can't believe how dead this OT is with FIFA being so big lol.

I don't suppose anyone would mind gifting a few Season Draws to me or better a Season Promotion? I need to at least draw my next game but can't use the perk until 3 levels up which is a pain.

I can return some FUT coins, contracts or boots for your Pro.

FUCK sake my FUT account got hacked.

All my players gone.

Help?

I waited 20 minutes on EA customer support line (UK) and the bastards didn't answer despite an estimated wait time of 4 minutes.

That sucks man. Had any luck? I don't know how it stands for most people but I know KSI was given 500,000 coins and a Legend or two when he got hacked a few months back.

I have been getting into Fifa a lot more lately, Titanfall will probably change that but apart from the extremely frustrating what I have started to call 'Fifa Luck' it is a really good game and FUT is quite addictive.

I have started enjoying games win or lose now but it does seem in some games nothing and I mean nothing goes your way. The other person gets all the rebounds etc so I just put some defeats down to that.

My last game Milito scored from about 40 yards out! (I came back to win 4-1 though).

I have experienced with different player combinations for a while and this is my favorite (non-ridiculously expensive) team.

Here is my team:

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=bb3ya1fkbtP7:360

Good to see other people uses Hulk he is amazing!

I am the same I keep playing yet it keeps on having those ridiculous moments.

Today from the goal kick it rebounded off the player and they got a goal, nothing I could do.

Then I had 20 (goal worthy) shots on target and the keeper apparently was invincible. On top of that the OP lobbed ball is apparently every bodies tactic on Fifa now. Can't anyone try to play a game on the floor, where the game isn't broken?

Playing against most people online = pace team, then proceed to long ball, long ball, long ball.

The reason I keep on playing is when you get an even match and there is no broken rubbish it is amazing.

Hasney

I scored from the halfwayline with David Silva. Had no options as the guy I was playing against had a 6 man midfield, so I just went for the chip towards the box. Think he must have made the keeper come out or something as it bounced at the edge of the box and went straight over the keepers head. WHAT A GOAL.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yea the game can be so annoying at times but man when you score a good goal its feels so good and satisfying.

I had today a 45 yard free kick. Used Antonio Candreva since he has beastly free kick power and a great long shot taker. Hit the top bar and in. Guy obviously went mad since it was 0-0 until the 85th minute then I scored another 2 with Balotelli in the most cheekiest shots. Final 3-0.

Also in another match got a curved shot about 40 yards out with El Shaarawy. Goalie had no chance.

What makes it more fun is slamming teams down on FUT who just use paced players. No one can get past my 85 defense. ;p

Now I'm just waiting on an IF Buffon.

I do hate though how slower players can easily catch up with the likes of Inform Balotelli (Hunter) in seconds and the fact some goalies are like 10 ft fucking walls. One game I had 30 shots with Tevez, Di Natale, Kaka and Balotelli yet I only got 1 goal against him. My shot accuracy was like 84% so it wasn't like I was missing most.

Typical Fifa.

What annoys me the most is that the game didn't use to be like this.

Back in Fifa 10/11/12 there was a fair amount of bugs/glitches but in the end the best players always came on top.

I played thousands of matches on FUT 11/12 and had an average of like 80% wins.

Now it's just random. But I'm addicted and there's no real alternative for a soccer game.

I thought my free kicks had been good but 45 yards takes it!

I have got Cech in goal now and he is much better than Mignolet, not conceding as many. How much do you guys use the Finesse shot?

I wish the Xbox would record all of your best goals and not just some and never record saves. I am sick of punches being recorded as a clip.

Put together 5 goals that are half decent using upload studio, just the ones that were recorded automatically.

http://1drv.ms/1nq47Qx

Yeah too many pace teams now. I had two again today then I asked the guy if he could play any other way. He tried and didn't score a single goal after that and I pulled two back, funny how that works.

As for the clips I just went into upload studio and put it to skydive from there.

Ray665

I thought my free kicks had been good but 45 yards takes it!

I have got Cech in goal now and he is much better than Mignolet, not conceding as many. How much do you guys use the Finesse shot?

I wish the Xbox would record all of your best goals and not just some and never record saves. I am sick of punches being recorded as a clip.

Put together 5 goals that are half decent using upload studio, just the ones that were recorded automatically.

http://1drv.ms/1nq47Qx

Nice video bro!! FUT head here, very badly addicted !!!(350+ games) Also play on a small pro club just three of us right now waiting for rest of squad to buy next gen consoles. Man is the AI horrible in Pro Club, so broken. Grrrrrr

It's partly because FUT does' drain your life into nothingness the way FM does. The amount of hours I have wasted on FM. At the end of the day it is just a click and hope, SI keep on breaking FM and some of the things that happen in it are even more ridiculous in Fifa.

FUT is just quite nice to put your own team together and it is more challenging as most people have better teams. It is also fun beating a player with the best players in his team and trying to buy a win so to speak.

I had a hilarious goal yesterday where my player was on the ground and the ball bounced off his back straight into the net, keeper never stood a chance.

Never played pro club, what is it?

Five games left and need two points. Lose five games where I need to spend the whole time hoping a CB doesn't screw up as I'm defending over the top balls.

Meier

This game drives me fucking nuts in every mode. I don't know why I still play it so much. >< I swear, their implementation is nightmarish. No penalty given here: http://t.co/oiiQ8k5bvW -- fortunately I still won 2-1 in the end. So close to getting the goal I deserved after the ball went past the keeper.. doh!

I am so sick of playing teams that are made up of players that cost as much as my entire team. They have limitations in seasons on who you're matched up with -- they really need to implement that in FUT as well. I shouldn't have to defend against Cavani and Falcao unless I have similarly rated players. Yes, it's enjoyable to get that rare win over a team with Ronaldo, Bale, Iniesta, Xavi, etc. but more often than not just having players that are significantly better is enough to nearly guarantee a win. They're faster and they can pull off ridiculous shots that you just can't without them.

Also, after so many years, how have they not made searching by prices in FUT more effective?

Meier

I don't know why, but I got 5 Rare packs for free for FUT as well as a small Silver pack. Maybe my bitching at @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter did it but I'm guessing most people got them. Of all players, I got David Luiz from one of the packs. I was looking into buying him earlier today but was about 500-1,000 gold short of all auctions. Got di Maria, Hummels, Boateng (Bayern), a few other very good players but Zabaleta was the only other good PL player. Already had him so I'm selling off the one from my squad.

I don't know why, but I got 5 Rare packs for free for FUT as well as a small Silver pack. Maybe my bitching at @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter did it but I'm guessing most people got them. Of all players, I got David Luiz from one of the packs. I was looking into buying him earlier today but was about 500-1,000 gold short of all auctions. Got di Maria, Hummels, Boateng (Bayern), a few other very good players but Zabaleta was the only other good PL player. Already had him so I'm selling off the one from my squad.

I just logged into the web app and I got a free bronze pack. I haven't checked anything on my PS4 yet, but I'm assuming that they are just back to doing the web gifts for a little bit again.

Can someone help me out? I've been trying to see if someone can gift me the level 19 edit player in career mode? I'm only at level 10, so I can gift you anything you may need or want from level 10 or below. I'm on the PS4. Thanks.

Top Bottom