• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamecocks625 said:
please go back to playing your nerd Final Fantasy or collecting Anime dolls. The red should have been a no call (Marta jumped and then fell) and the PK save should have stood (Solo didn't move off her line).
Yes she did. And they got the shoot back also because there was invasion from the US team. Watch the replay. It was correct to call it back.

talisayNon said:
hilarious how no one was posting in this thread, then that bullshit happens and all of america gaf started posting :lol

Too ashamed to admit youre watching women's soccer?
I'll take any football at this time of year, this has been much better than the copa America so far anyhow.

xintin

skybaby said:
did you people see the replay? some american player entered the box before the ball started moving.
that's not why the penalty was retaken though. and just further emphasizes how inept the refs are since that's not why the called for the retake.

skybaby

Forceatowulf said:
Why is that every time I watch international soccer the USA is usually getting fucked up the ass by the refs?

It's like CLOCKWORK every time.....
you should check the penalties of the world cup final the us wont against china. srsly people

Sleepy

Rename this thread to: Shit Ref and Whining Brazilians=USA Loss.

I haven't seen this much whining and histrionics since the last time Barcalona played. Fuck this shit.

I cannot remember the last time I was this angry over a soccer call.

Aly Fucking MORGAN Time.

Let's Go!

alex-morgan.jpg

zero_suit

24FrameDaVinci said:
I've been in here past 2 weeks =P I've enjoyed the entire tournament thus far.

Yeah, it's been a lot better than I expected. England/France and Germany/Japan were excellent matches.

talisayNon said:
hilarious how no one was posting in this thread, then that bullshit happens and all of america gaf started posting :lol

Too ashamed to admit youre watching women's soccer?

yes

also RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Why is it in the normal sports I watch there is never ever this much controversy over calls that easily help decide matches as when I try and watch soccer?

I like the sport and all (especially to actually play), but I swear watching American Football, Bastketball, Baseball, Tennis etc... seems like it's a big rarity when the refs/umps help decide a game outcome. Yet I think everytime I try and watch a major soccer tourny there end up being multiple games decided by calls such as this. It's the ONLY sport I watch like this too, and quite frankly makes the sport semi unwatchable because of it.

PS: This is all irregardless of which way the call goes.

skybaby

xintin said:
that's not why the penalty was retaken though. and just further emphasizes how inept the refs are since that's not why the called for the retake.
how the fuck do you know that? did she tell you personally? hahah

iamblades

JaskoX1 said:
I can get over the red card. I refuse to get over taking away Hope Solo's ridiculous miracle save.

the second shit call wouldn't have happened without the first shit call.. so.. :/

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Ref ain't crooked. Just blind//inept/inexperienced. Like all the other ones we've seen this tournament.

Levyne

Banned
Brettison said:
Why is it in the normal sports I watch there is never ever this much controversy over calls that easily help decide matches as when I try and watch soccer?

I like the sport and all (especially to actually play), but I swear watching American Football, Bastketball, Baseball, Tennis etc... seems like it's a big rarity when the refs/umps help decide a game outcome. Yet I think everytime I try and watch a major soccer tourny there end up being multiple games decided by calls such as this. It's the ONLY sport I watch like this too, and quite frankly makes the sport semi unwatchable because of it.

It happens pretty often in a lot of sports..I can't give a percentage, but many baseball and basketball games are decided by the refs/umps. American football less so but it still happens...

referees never call back penalties. even if there WERE usa players in the box. such bullshit.

they (we) usually only call it back if somebody does something real obvious to get an advantage. a ref doesn't take a save away from a keeper based on a player in the box unless he has something against that team.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Khold said:
It happens pretty often in a lot of sports..I can't give a percentage, but many baseball and basketball games are decided by the refs/umps. American football less so but it still happens...

LOL Might be why American Football tends to be my favorite sport... less refs more play on the field.... still I think football/soccer just seems at a different level than sports I normally watch on a day to day basis.

Blackhead

Redarse
Brettison said:

the soccer governing body is corrupt and don't care to spend money on technological solutions. it's extremely annoying and I'm getting turned off enough to stop watching the damn sport.

filler

Banned
Fuck off haters. I love Marta. Up until this match, I was going for the U.S. Could never root against my girl though.

stupei

yellow submarine said:
Yeah well, the US player just dived too. Both sides doing it unfortunately.

If you mean Wambach, she does that constantly so it hardly counts. It's embarrassing really, she's the biggest player on the field yet leaves you with the impression that she's a delicate little flower with as easy as she hits the ground.

Shit sucks, man, but the American ladies are playing something fierce.

Brazil definitely does not deserve the win, imo. Sometimes it looks like Brazil is the team that is down a player.

jamieson87 said:
That wasn't a dive

She tripped herself over when she felt the brazil player on her back. I guess you could call it "winning the freekick". I don't like it when I see it in La Liga and I don't like it here.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
yellow submarine said:
She tripped herself over when she felt the brazil player on her back. I guess you could call it "winning the freekick". I don't like it when I see it in La Liga and I don't like it here.

nads are in denial. leave them alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom