• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupei

Rapinoe not looking that good today. Every other game she's been subbed in and made a real difference, but I'm not sure if she's had more than three decent touches today.

skybaby said:
this thread is hilarious. you americans know shit about football LOL

Ian Darke knows nothing about football!!

ty_hot

FlightOfHeaven said:
Shit sucks, man, but the American ladies are playing something fierce.

Brazil definitely does not deserve the win, imo. Sometimes it looks like Brazil is the team that is down a player.

If you knew anything about football you would know both teams are with 10 players in the field only.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Is the ref trying to make up for not paying attention/calling anything during the first half?

these commentators are so stupid. you can give a foul to one team and still give them a yellow for a subsequent event after the whistle has blown.

fucking morons.

stupei

helloresolven said:
Yellow for a perfectly good challenge now :)?

Nah, the yellow was for pointing out that when someone rolls for four yards they probably deserve a yellow for dramatics. Tell a ref what to do, you get a yellow, but apparently still get to take the kick.

skybaby

helloresolven said:
Yellow for a perfectly good challenge now :)?
claviertekky said:
That's a silly yellow card.

GET OFF YOUR KNEES REF YOU'RE BLOWING THE GAME

iamblades said:
WTF more bullshit yellow cards?
You guys keep proving my point
KuGsj.gif

You can't challenge with your feet rolling over the ball .... sheesh

referee was right, a stupid usa defender ran into the box early. i think that the rebound from the solo save might have gone right to that defender who ran into the box, so the referee was correct and fair in giving another PK, even if it was really harsh.

the original call was still weak though, it looked like marta just tried to do a flying karate kick on the ball and went totally off balance and fell.

and skybaby is right about the rapinoe yellow, that was a dirty challenge

stupei

SamuraiX- said:
Who's #13 for USA?

That woman can't do anything right.

Alex Morgan. She's scored goals late in important games before but she's also the youngest on the team and like Rapinoe (the one with short blonde hair) seems to be too keyed up by the pressure. This is the first world cup for them both.

We need a goal from O'Reilly. HAO is one of the only calm and confident finishers on the field right now.

talisayNon said:
lol woman espn announcer is livid

All the female commentators are former USWNT players, so they're taking it very personally, seems like.

Help Me! said:
She's the Sergio Busquets of women's football.

I don't believe it is fair to characterize her as something like Sergio, come on now. She's a good player and doesn't dive ALL the time. She tries to win fouls like most strikers, but not egregiously so like say Di Maria for example.

Apart from the Penalty which was correct, the rest of the Refereeing sucks ass.

Corner kicks which were supposed to be Goal kicks, fouls which are not fouls (the american girl tripped on the ball), and so on.

And I still can't believe people are complaining about the penalty. Please, go learn a bit more about soccer.

Sleepy

yellow submarine said:
I don't believe it is fair to characterize her as something like Sergio, come on now. She's a good player and doesn't dive ALL the time. She tries to win fouls like most strikers, but not egregiously so like say Di Maria for example.

Okay. Then she is the Dani Alves of women's football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom