• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I usually don't give a shit about women's soccer but I can't turn down the gut-wrenching tension of penalty kicks, regardless who's taking them.

Go U.S. girls!

DJ88 said:
Ok, I just saw the amazing goal the US just made. Can someone explain to me how they they were still playing at 120 min.?

They added time because a Brazilian player got "injured" and they had to take her off on a stretcher.

stupei

DJ88 said:
Ok, I just saw the amazing goal the US just made. Can someone explain to me how they they were still playing at 120 min.?

It was tied at the end of 90 so there are two 15 minute extra time periods added on. And now PKs.

demigod said:
Lol, you obviously never watch football(soccer). People flop, fake injuries all the damn time, they go off the field and then come back like nothing ever happened to them. This is why the sport is such a joke. Of course basketball players are starting to copy that trend and it needs to stop.
This. Baseball and basketball are starting to get so bad with it, basketball especially.

Socreges

Banned
Fuck. Brazil.

I'm Canadian. I don't have any reason to cheer for the US, but seeing the two cases of simulation, the penalties bullshit (non-call and bs call), and how much more attractive the US is compared to Brazil (!!!)..... seeing them tie it up in the last possible moment was AWESOME!

Boxx is hard to look at, though

GO USA

alstein

DJ88 said:

They add injury+stoppage time at the end of halves instead of stopping the clock like they do in American sports.

The extra time is just an overtime used in knockout rounds of tournies before penalties.

There's often calls of biased amounts of stoppage time.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
goalie seemingly doesnt understand the precedent set. she did it on the retake too. hahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom