• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

NEO0MJ

Erron is Stryker v3.0 so I dunno if he is gonna be much cop.

I feel that's enough to frustrate any beginner.

I bought it on the Brazilian Steam, not sure if it's a worldwide deal

Oh, I see.

then there's also the dakimakuras sticks :B

What's that? Google showed me...something unexpected.

why hasn't MK adopted the movie theme as the series official theme?

I think Boon said something about it being too cheesy?

While I was hunting for Story Mode clips (I watched 4 chapters so far, omg so good but all videos are being taken down booooo), I found out that there's a 2GB troll patch for MKX currently. It makes the Tower boss more difficult, and also reduces the amount of Koins you get after each battle.

zlatko

Banned
My computer runs games pretty now
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on MKX. are people buying the premium edition with the kombat pack or no?

Game is looking legit and even if I only play it for a little I want to support fighting games more than any other genre. They put a lot of effort into this one,and I am hoping this can last me to SF5 next year or SF5 beta this year.

BadWolf

Game is looking legit and even if I only play it for a little I want to support fighting games more than any other genre. They put a lot of effort into this one,and I am hoping this can last me to SF5 next year or SF5 beta this year.

There's an SF5 beta this year? Nice.

Wonder if the game will come out in time for Evo next year.

Spring 2016 is a really safe bet for SFV so it'll definitely be at next years EVO. The rumors and then accidentally revealing it plus the timing of a beta pretty much confirms it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
EDIT @ Markman: I know this is out of your hands but I am really hoping the new SF5 pads are more durable than the fightpads!

It is not out of my hands at all. I'm in charge of the new SF5 range of products in it's entirety :O

Laconic

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159117091]Raoh for life

WATCH YOUR FEET SON[/QUOTE]

I can respect this.

The frame timing involved in those sai loops is legit.

As opposed to +frames for days teleport lock-downs into happiness kills.

Fuck Toki.

At least Rei is deliberate Bishonen trolling.

I like the middle of the road crowd, myself - Shin, Ken and Souther.

Though only Shin and Ken count, really.

Shouta

It is not out of my hands at all. I'm in charge of the new SF5 range of products in it's entirety :O

I agree with Huw's suggestion. the SFxT pads are nice but there are some durability issues. I went through a few of them when shoulder button broke because the piece connecting them to the main chassis snapped.

With sticks, there are folks selling parts to fix these problems with their old sticks and the like but that doesn't really exist for pads. If it ends up breaking like mine did above, then we have to go buy a whole new pad. More durable pads to prevent this or a design that allows us to replace these (and maybe selling the parts for them) would be fantastic especially because pads end up being discontinued and leaving us pad players with few options should ours break now.

All this talk about pads make me think, why do the people here who use them stick to them? Never got comfortable with sticks?

why wouldn't I if I play better on pad?

I can play on stick because I used to play in arcades but I think pad is much better.

Clawww

Sad that Ryan Hunter isn't about marvel anymore. Never forget!

theryanhunter2uufn.gif

ryan's the man

Probably going pad for Tekken 7, PS4 sticks are still expensive and I like how it's easier to wavedash on pad. Always had difficulty pressing 1+2 and 3+4 on pad but I'll deal... maybe?

Negaduck

I can respect this.

The frame timing involved in those sai loops is legit.

As opposed to +frames for days teleport lock-downs into happiness kills.

Fuck Toki.

At least Rei is deliberate Bishonen trolling.

I like the middle of the road crowd, myself - Shin, Ken and Souther.

Though only Shin and Ken count, really.

First time playing HNK I picked jagi. And kinda learned him.

He's so bad ;__;

BadWolf

Keyboard > all

Probably going pad for Tekken 7, PS4 sticks are still expensive and I like how it's easier to wavedash on pad. Always had difficulty pressing 1+2 and 3+4 on pad but I'll deal... maybe?

Why not set up the collar buttons as shortcuts?

R1 and R2 should work nicely.

All this talk about pads make me think, why do the people here who use them stick to them? Never got comfortable with sticks?

Tried to learn stick one time, it sucked, was weak and went back to pad.

Also while in SF there's some advantages to playing on stick compared to (definitely the default) pad, that's not as apparent in all games. Tekken for example is kinda a tossup i feel.

Why not set up the collar buttons as shortcuts?
R1 and R2 should work nicely.

That's what i do too. 1+2 on R1 and 3+4 on L1. Works well.

DunpealD

What is the difference?

Not a major! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joke aside. It's a CPT event but doesn't automatically qualify the winner for the capcom cup tourny. Ranking event means they get ranking points, iirc half of the spots are done by ranking.

make a pad with 4 face buttons plsssssssssssss

This and/or a pad that doesn't make me play claw to do the mashing attacks like Chuns kicks.

Just feels strange is all. So many pros play and swear by it so I'm always surprised when a top player uses pad.

Well I play games where it doesn't matter at all. In my community the majority use pad.

It's an old mentality anyway. People used to swear by them because they had the arcade origin. It's no surprise to me when console became the standard in America more pad players rose to the top. Only going to keep happening I am sure.

Too much of a hassle to lug a stick everywhere when a pad is much more portable. Plus I've been playing fighters since the SNES days and I've always used pads. Which is another reason why I like 4 face buttons more than 6 face buttons. Four has been a thing for decades.

Horseress

I'm having this dilemma for some time now. I started playing on sticks since SSFIV. Took me some time but I got used to it.

Now it's not working so well, and sticks are hella expansive, and I have to import it, so yeah....expansive. Pads are way cheaper but I'm not sure if I'll adapt back

Tripon

Not a major! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joke aside. It's a CPT event but doesn't automatically qualify the winner for the capcom cup tourny. Ranking event means they get ranking points, iirc half of the spots are done by ranking.

This and/or a pad that doesn't make me play claw to do the mashing attacks like Chuns kicks.

Thanks.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'm curious as to whether we'll get more SF4 players at NWM now that they see points might be the way a lot of them are qualifying. Feel like NWM might be one of the events that not many of the killers are coming to (that I know of, Shouta would know better). Other one would be heading to Combo Breaker, as Stunfest may pull more of the international players away that weekend.

US wise - if I were a player who was trying to make it in via points - I'd probably hit up NWM and Combo Breaker. Rest of the non premier NA events are considered majors that will have a lot of killers around.

NEO0MJ

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I used to be a pad player as well and even regretted y arcade stick when I forst bought it and left it in the closet for months. For some reason I gave it another shot and now I can't go back to pad. If I forget to bring my stick and have to play using a pad with friends I become a mess.

I think Injustice would be a good measuring stick. How was that PC port?

Kinda regret not picking it up when it was on sale as it would have been a good benchmark to test how well my laptop could handle MKX.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Plus I've been playing fighters since the SNES days and I've always used pads. Which is another reason why I like 4 face buttons more than 6 face buttons. Four has been a thing for decades.
Genesis 6-button & Saturn >>>> anything Nintendo ever put out.

Only natural that they set the trend for modern fightpads.

(Although in all honesty, 4 shoulder buttons is probably more advantageous.)

Top Bottom