• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

kirblar

Do we know how much the characters are going to be solo?

BBGC still comes out ahead due to the $10 cert you get w/ the game vs Target.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You do? Cause I'm getting an Xbox One for free shortly and can't think of a single exclusive I'd like to play on it.
Can you fill me in?
Well I like racing games and currently X1 has both a sim and an equally competent arcade racer as the competition. I'd also rather play SO or KI over pretty much every other first party PS4 offering I've had the chance to play, and a buggy to death MCC over Killzone. I can see people taking Bloodborne over those games, though.

Marz

Not to be one of those guys, but I never really understood the appeal of Microsoft consoles over Sony ones.

If it wasn't for Capcom fighters running worse on PS3, I wouldn't even consider an Xbox.

Xbox has a better controller I guess.

Not to be one of those guys, but I never really understood the appeal of Microsoft consoles over Sony ones.

If it wasn't for Capcom fighters running worse on PS3, I wouldn't even consider an Xbox.

The Xbox 360 also had a better online infrastructure.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

Honestly, I think 360 brought me the best gaming generation of my life, having started owning games around the SNES era. I'm not sure I can point to one thing and say "here's the appeal of xbox"; I do really like the 360 pad, hell, I don't even think the d-pad was that bad (It's butt for SFIV, no doubt)

oneida

Oh shit we talking current gen? I'd lean towards PS4 although I love the XBO pad. use it for my PC.

zlatko

Banned
Both systems are a waste of money. This is the absolute worst gen.

???? The games released so far? Or what's around the horizon?

I think the XB1 has been dead on arrival compared to 360 launch and where it was headed. 360 had Crack down, Halo, Gears, and I was quite content out the gate.

XB1 just has Titanfall so far and Killer Instinct I enjoyed.

PS4 is on a god damn rampage.

El Sabroso

Will probably getting a next gen console at the end of this month (Wii U doesn't count sorry)

PS4 or XBONE DOE

Take a base of what games you want to play, from them see where you can play them, if no exclusive is in your list, upgrade your PC, otherwise pick the one that has the exclusives you want

alstein

Both systems are a waste of money. This is the absolute worst gen.

Fighting games coming to PC meant I gave up consoles this gen. I can live without anime games very easily, and SNK stuff is better on PC than console.

Plus you get to play online without paying a $50/yr junk fee.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone else with USF4 PC version have it just close out without any warning and then in your steam library it is updating? Why does this version have so many god damn updates?

Biggest regret purchase of 2015 for me is USF4 PC. Total trash. Fuck Capcom too for not telling me when PS4 version is coming which at this point may as well be cancelled. :/

Kimosabae

Banned
With how underpowered both systems are, I just don't feel like there's much of an upside to them outside narrowly focused, AAA single player development (read: The Order). Not in terms of experiences that justify them replacing older hardware. I only bought a PS4 to play Xrd and SFV, really, but I need a damned stick, so it's been sitting there untouched for the most part.

Kimosabae

Banned
Biggest regret purchase of 2015 for me is USF4 PC. Total trash. Fuck Capcom too for not telling me when PS4 version is coming which at this point may as well be cancelled. :/

I've actually been thinking about making a thread regarding this. It's like they forgot about it. I'm looking to see what they do regarding drivers for PS3, controllers, if anything, before I make any decisions regarding keeping my PS4.

Nyoro SF

all of you guys should just get a Wii U

:p

I own a Wii U, it's a lot of fun.
However I got it really cheap... and something tells me we're not going to get a PS4 price drop for a while. Tempted to pick up a refurbished one in the future, but I think I'd rather spend the money on a new graphics card.

Only downer with that is that the GTX 970 memory fiasco has caused me to halt and wait to see if there will be a price reduction on the card in the future. Once I invest in that new graphics card I won't have to do any more upgrades in my PC for a long, long time.

Anyone else with USF4 PC version have it just close out without any warning and then in your steam library it is updating? Why does this version have so many god damn updates?

USF4 PC is pretty much a disaster. Capcom has essentially one guy working on ALL of their PC games, Dead Rising 3, RER2, USF4, etc. This one guy is basically doing source code guesswork to make the online not do stupid freeze tactics.

Since I dropped USF4 around half a year ago I'm not bothered by it anymore but I wouldn't use it as precedent for SFV's PC performance. Different game, different engine and developed for PC from the start.

Also haunts, if PC SFV doesn't release the same day as PS4 SFV, I'm going to be pretty mad. No excuses. :p

Dahbomb

With how underpowered both systems are, I just don't feel like there's much of an upside to them outside narrowly focused, AAA single player development (read: The Order). I only bought a PS4 to play Xrd and SFV, really, but I need a damned stick, so it's been sitting there untouched for the most part.
Well there's always Bloodborne...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The PS4 controller is so frustrating. The triggers where pretty much one of the biggest positives of the controller but in reality they lose their resistance very quickly and feel very cheap. The rest of it is seemingly solid and doesn't get dirty easily, surprisingly.

zlatko

Banned
With how underpowered both systems are, I just don't feel like there's much of an upside to them outside narrowly focused, AAA single player development (read: The Order). I only bought a PS4 to play Xrd and SFV, really, but I need a damned stick, so it's been sitting there untouched for the most part.

Plenty of games that are not AAA focuses though. It just depends on your genres you like.

*Transistor, Helldivers, PT Demo, Warframe, and tons more for indie stuff*

Bloodborne
DriveClub
Infamous
Killzone
Xrd

Those are some great exclusives imo. Plus the # of third party games that are better performance wise on PS4 are quite numerous now.

And later this year there will be Metal Gear Solid V:phantom Pain which while multiplatform will probably have more going for it on PS4.

Right now all I see my XB1 MAYBE getting is Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Both of which I'm not sold on. Halo 5 beta was meh, and Rise depending on its release window may get skipped due to other things.

Kimosabae

Banned

Eh. Technologically, it looks ho hum, but it looks and sounds interesting gameplay wise. I'm considering it, but it takes a certain prolonged mental state for me to get lost in any single player game. I have to be ill or depressed or straight couch potato mode for about a week to justify it.

Unless it's something I feel I have to experience. The Last of Us was the last game of this ilk.

Nyoro SF

I hate exclusives, but it's not like I have much choice here. I sincerely hope From Software does not bend to any more Sony cash. I don't like the idea of SFV not coming to Xbox One, despite my lack of desire to ever get the console.

zlatko

Banned
I hate exclusives, but it's not like I have much choice here. I sincerely hope From Software does not bend to any more Sony cash. I don't like the idea of SFV not coming to Xbox One, despite my lack of desire to ever get the console.

I have a good feeling BB will come to PC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eh. Technologically, it looks ho hum, but it looks and sounds interesting gameplay wise. I'm considering it, but it takes a certain prolonged mental state for me to get lost in any single player game. I have to be ill or depressed or straight couch potato mode for about a week to justify it.
Yeah, this is me with Bloodborne. It's not a must have exclusive, and I have to be in a very specific mood to play. I like the mechanics more than Souls games too, but not enough to justify a purchase.

Tripon

If you care for fighters, I'd just build a new PC. SFV is coming to PC, and so is MK8, and likely Tekken 7 eventually.
So unless anime games really sway you, get a PC, and this is coming from a guy who owns a PS4.

Dahbomb

Eh. Technologically, it looks ho hum, but it looks and sound interesting gameplay wise. I'm considering it, but it takes a certain prolonged mental state for me to get lost in any single player game. I have to be ill or depressed or straight couch potato mode for about a week to justify it.
Game looks better in person and the art direction carries it past most other games this gen in terms of visuals.

This is really the first game on either consoles that warrants the title of "killer app exclusive" IMHO.

Also it has PvP (though the matchmaking system is currently awful, they need to fix that asap).

oneida

If you care for fighters, I'd just build a new PC. SFV is coming to PC, and so is MK8, and likely Tekken 7 eventually.
So unless anime games really sway you, get a PC, and this is coming from a guy who owns a PS4.

yooo mario kart 8 is coming to PC??

Nyoro SF

Xrd on PC would be fantastic!

Yes it would.
However Arcsys hates PC, they'd rather take the chance with the Xbox One than try to do a same-day release on PC. Dunno if Gabe Newell accidentally ran over Mori's foot in a parking lot or something

I agree with this, but not everyone has the budget; building a mid-range PC isn't too expensive relative to consoles, but a lot of people balk when they see the overall price to entry.
However if you do have the budget and you love games overall I recommend building a PC, yes. Worth the investment down the line not only in terms of the price and variety of games, but also in terms of how much you can control the quality of games.

It was pretty awesome going to EVO and seeing people play Ultra on laptops with no problems.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159242668]Game is stupid good.[/QUOTE]

Bloodborne vortex is real. I need more time alotted for that game though. I am not making much progress since I am playing an hour at a time. Weapons make you feel like you are playing a different fighting game character. Right now I feel like I am an axe wielding Dhalsim.

So should I get MKX? I got REALLY salty playing the last MK game.

While not a bad idea, one also has to take into consideration the possible size of the online community on PC if the game doesn't have crossplay.

Bloodborne vortex is real. I need more time alotted for that game though. I am not making much progress since I am playing an hour at a time. Weapons make you feel like you are playing a different fighting game character. Right now I feel like I am an axe wielding Dhalsim.

So should I get MKX? I got REALLY salty playing the last MK game.

I'm still mad about MK9 not having a fully-functioning training mode on release so I'm not gonna buy MKX.

I'm in the same boat as you with Bloodborne, though. Just a couple steps at a time. Really awesome game, great ambient storytelling.

JeTmAn81

Bloodborne is the fourth Souls game in six years. I'll get it whenever I finally get a PS4, but I don't expect to have that magic first Souls experience.

Horseress

So...tomorrow's WNF will have Aris and RIP on commentary! Two Tekken players commentating Street Fighter :lol

Valle pls

Rainy

Banned
So...tomorrow's WNF will have Aris and RIP on commentary! Two Tekken players commentating Street Fighter :lol

Valle pls

I think Aris said it was supposed to be him and Gootecks yesterday, guess something changed.

Also Valle tweeted that they found a venue for SCR and are going initial applications/negotiations but it's not confirmed yet.

I've been entering WNF online the past 3 weeks. The first two weeks I got really weak brackets. Made it out in losers the first week and lost in loser semi's the 2nd week. But the guys I played weren't all that great, just around my level. This week is a different story though. I play a guy called Ruu the first game, don't know who he is. But if I beat him I get Alex Myers, and if I beat him I get Playing to Win(a good Sim player). So yeah, I'm fucked this week.

Bloodborne is the fourth Souls game in six years. I'll get it whenever I finally get a PS4, but I don't expect to have that magic first Souls experience.
The magic is totally there. I beat Demon's Souls, and liked it a lot. I played Dark Souls, and by the end I was thoroughly "meh" about the experience and the gameplay limitations. Bloodborne is on its own tier for me. It is the first "must play" game of the generation for me outside of fighting games.

My PS4 sat collecting dust until it released, since I don't have a PS4 stick for my PS4 copy of Xrd (lolz).

My Wii U gets a ton of play due to Smash Bros. I am counting down the days to Mewtwo.

Top Bottom