• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Nyoro SF

I'm unironically expecting a 1+ month gap and no PS3 stick support for PC SFV.

Oh god, lol.
Well not allowing PS3 stick support is not theoretically possible, all you'd have to do is download the necessary software to manipulate your computer into thinking your stick is inputting Direct/XInput, which is pretty easy.

Clawww

sorry, I meant no PS3 support for the PS4 version. that was a shitty sentence.

in other words, I'm fully expecting to get fucked as a PC + PS4 owner without a PS4 stick.

Shouta

Oh god, lol.
Well not allowing PS3 stick support is not theoretically possible, all you'd have to do is download the necessary software to manipulate your computer into thinking your stick is inputting Direct/XInput, which is pretty easy.

360 sticks have native Windows support don't they? Kinda like the 360 pads?

Nyoro SF

360 sticks have native Windows support don't they? Kinda like the 360 pads?

Yes. Xbox 360 pads and sticks share the same Windows drivers, and are the default standard for PC games that require/need/lean on controllers. They'll work with any game that mentions or recommends full controller support. I think you need to be connected to the internet to download the drivers for the first time, but once you install them you're groovy anywhere.

PS3 stuff can be read as a joystick using generic driver, but some games don't like that and you need to download separate drivers that emulate 360 controller inputs. I know USF4 PC supports PS3 sticks without having to do any shenanigans, and other people can back me up on that.

PS4 sticks work similar to PS3 sticks, generic drivers, but I use my PS4 stick to play all my fighters without issue on PC. Even works with DoA5 (lol).

Xbox One sticks and pads have PC drivers now, but I've never tried or tested one on any fighters I've owned. Someone else will have to vouch for it, but I would be extremely surprised if it didn't work the same way as 360.

tl;dr if you game on PC and you own a PS3/360 stick already, you're set for pretty much the next decade. Unlikely that support for XInput would ever be shuttered.

shaowebb

Decided to go PC for MKX rather than PS3. Pulled the trigger on steam. Looking forward to all the ridiculous gaming and even more ridiculous mods.

El Sabroso

Xbox One sticks and pads have PC drivers now, but I've never tried or tested one on any fighters I've owned. Someone else will have to vouch for it, but I would be extremely surprised if it didn't work the same way as 360.

Xbox One drivers are cool, you get the Xbox One pad using XInput with those, which is telling your PC is another 360 pad, and gets you a good to go controller just as any other 360 pad

Nyoro SF

Xbox One drivers are cool, you get the Xbox One pad using XInput with those, which is telling your PC is another 360 pad, and gets you a good to go controller just as any other 360 pad

Sweet, that's what I expected. I didn't think Microsoft would create a whole 'nother input format just for the One.

pooptest

Yes. Xbox 360 pads and sticks share the same Windows drivers, and are the default standard for PC games that require/need/lean on controllers. They'll work with any game that mentions or recommends full controller support. I think you need to be connected to the internet to download the drivers for the first time, but once you install them you're groovy anywhere.

PS3 stuff can be read as a joystick using generic driver, but some games don't like that and you need to download separate drivers that emulate 360 controller inputs. I know USF4 PC supports PS3 sticks without having to do any shenanigans, and other people can back me up on that.

PS4 sticks work similar to PS3 sticks, generic drivers, but I use my PS4 stick to play all my fighters without issue on PC. Even works with DoA5 (lol).

tl;dr if you game on PC and you own a PS3/360 stick already, you're set for pretty much the next decade. Unlikely that support for XInput would ever be shuttered.

Are PS3 controllers and PS3 sticks using the same chipset? I have a Via USB card because that's the only way I got my PS3 stick to work on PC (only Via or Intel USB chipsets work).
However, I've never tried using DS3 Wrapper for PC for stick, but I use it for PS3 and use DS4 Tool (almost same source code as DS3 Wrapper) for PS4 controller.

It's something I have to test. Because if I don't need the Via USB card, I may use it elsewhere. Also, I did buy a 10-port USB 3.0 hub running Via's 802 chipset I could try, too...

M_A_C

Decided to go PC for MKX rather than PS3. Pulled the trigger on steam. Looking forward to all the ridiculous gaming and even more ridiculous mods.

I'm was deciding on PC or PS4. I went with PS4 because of the PS3 stick support and most likely larger player base. Right choice?

Nyoro SF

Are PS3 controllers and PS3 sticks using the same chipset? I have a Via USB card because that's the only way I got my PS3 stick to work on PC (only Via or Intel USB chipsets work).
However, I've never tried using DS3 Wrapper for PC for stick, but I use it for PS3 and use DS4 Tool (almost same source code as DS3 Wrapper) for PS4 controller.

It's something I have to test. Because if I don't need the Via USB card, I may use it elsewhere. Also, I did buy a 10-port USB 3.0 hub running Via's 802 chipset I could try, too...

Yes, (official) PS3 sticks and controllers should share the same input type.
I've never plugged a DS3 into my computer but I don't see why they could be different given the way Sony certifies this sort of thing.
Looks like you have a lot of options to test stuff out, shouldn't be a problem, let me know how it goes.

ismk

Except for Smug, I kind of agree with KBrad's list. I love KBrad real talk and commentary. The FGC needs a podcast.

TheChits

Oh my word Mago
KuGsj.gif

smurfx

get some go again
K-Brad doing an overrated top 5.

I missed number 5.

4. Chris T
3. Louffy
2. K-Brad
1. Snake Eyes
is chris t really overrated? maybe his friends in socal overrate him but i never hear his name tossed around when people are making best in u.s lists.

Top Bottom