• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Tripon

but...

jDQdkvP39vQg7.jpg

ibmD4t8XX9QCi4.gif

3AM bruh. My dads of being an insomniac is over. Gotta go to sleep at 10PM to make sure I get to work the next day.

Edit: Niconico is fine for the domestic market, but if tournaments in Japan are going international, they should find a stream that can service people outside Japan.

Okay.

Nico Nico doesn't want my money apparently. Every year it seems harder and harder to buy tickets. It's easy to get premium but for some reason ten times harder to buy events. Gotta make like several calls and wait this and that. No time for that BS.

Smug is one of the most liked players in the FGC right now. Don't know where all these Smug haters are.

just visit r/kappa.

jbug617

Banned
seems like a lot of people are planning to attend NWM. From Twitter today Spooky, Aris and Justin said they are going.

I think Mago has been really clever with how he's approached this so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get quite far in Capcup.

I've heard it attributed to Mago that one of the reasons he took up Yang is that, while not a great character overall, he matches up well against the top tiers. I can't claim to know the matchups enough to confirm, but if that's true, and I've no reason to distrust Mago, then it's potentially a pretty brilliant move.

Interesting to note is that at Final Round, Mago took out some strong players and ultimately lost to two Bisons (Hiro in pools, Tampa Bison in top 16)

More than anything though, the dude was just playing tremendously at Hypespotting

This gen could be the best for fighting games ever. Does anyone else feel like this could be a golden era?

Uh, I doubt it. Kind of hard to top the 360/PS3 selection. When you get me more and as good stuff to play as KOF13, UNIEL, GGXrd, 3SOE, ST, VF5 call me. It'll be a looong while.

alstein

Okay.

Nico Nico doesn't want my money apparently. Every year it seems harder and harder to buy tickets. It's easy to get premium but for some reason ten times harder to buy events. Gotta make like several calls and wait this and that. No time for that BS.

Smug is one of the most liked players in the FGC right now. Don't know where all these Smug haters are.

You can like the guy and not think he's a main event player yet. Smug is on that path- the question is whether he'll make it. He's pretty young.

Was the MK9 scene bigger on 360 or PS3?

How you guys feel about ESL putting MKX weeklies on xbox one? I think it's a big mistake. I believe more people own the ps4 and the community may be significantly larger on ps4. A lot of potential up and comers are now gonna miss out a chance to become competitive. Big mistake by NRS, not everyone has the money to travel to all the tournaments. This online tourney hosted every week would have been massive, and potential to make MK bigger in FGC. Missed Opportunities if you ask me. Atleast Capcom trying to keep the playerbase together by making Online cross play with SFV. I understand MK is not exclusive to ps4 or one but come on exclusive xbox weekly is a bad idea. I love all FGs i want to see MK grow along with Capcom games. And it looks really amazing. I am just disappointed by this news. How you guys feel about this?

hard to tell as we have no solid data on it. only NRS can tell you. But If i had to guess i would say ps3 because it had the exclusive character. So more players were probably persuaded to buy it on ps3 due to Kratos.

Almost all fighting games from the past 6 years (including MK9) sold better on PS3 than Xbox 360 in the US. It's a short margin most of the time, but it's there.

pixelish

why do people still treat r/kappa as a collective hivemind? it's like using last emperor's opinions as the general consensus of fgw.

pixelish

hey kidaseven, i know you're watching the topanga stream now. mind doing a recap when the show ends for us non-japanese speakers?

Do we know already if NicoNico will restrict Topanga League to Japan again?
i doubt they will do region lock again. i mean, they stopped doing it after the second day of last year's world league and i'm pretty sure gaijins were able to watch the last topanga league as well.

alstein

Something said, the creator of Battle Fantasia about chances for a sequel: "I would have to find the Spring of Drowned man"

Love the Ranma reference, but Arcsys must be a really toxic place to work.

ibktXbFhg5Jobz.gif

hey kidaseven, i know you're watching the topanga stream now. mind doing a recap when the show ends for us non-japanese speakers?

i doubt they will do region lock again. i mean, they stopped doing it after the second day of last year's world league and i'm pretty sure gaijins were able to watch the last topanga league as well.

Not much to say other than their feeling that a ft2 is scary, praise for some of the american players, general summary of each individual player's tournament wins/losses, etc...

gutabo

So according to his facebook ChrisG wasn't playing that much marvel before NCR, had some hand pains going through grand finals and just became Platinum in LOL(and started the Diamond grind).

Also LMAO at whoever said smug was getting to japan in one of these.

Top Bottom