• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Looks like the first hour is free. The intro was really hype and well made, not just game footage thrown over terrible rap music or dubstep

Tokido a translator and Fuudo a commentator.

USD

TOPANGA WORLD LEAGUE 2, ROUND 1

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv214258181 Free viewing period over.

Luffy (Rose) vs. Momochi (Ken)
5-2 ○○●○●○○
Xian (Gen) vs. Xiaohai (Evil Ryu)
5-2 ●○○●○○○
POONGKO (Seth) vs. sako (Elena)
3-5 ●○●○●●○●
Smug (Dudley) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
2-5 ○●●●●○
Xiaohai (Evil Ryu) vs. Umehara (Evil Ryu)
1-5 ●●●●○●
Luffy (Rose) vs. sako (Elena)
1-5 ●●●●○●
POONGKO (Seth) vs. Momochi (Ken, Evil Ryu)
5-1 ○○●○○○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Xian (Gen, Dhalsim)
5-1 ○●○○○○
Smug (Dudley) vs. Umehara (Evil Ryu)
0-5 ●●●●●

GeoNeo

I disagree.
don't worry. after topanga league is over you'll see he was at least right about smug

If Smug wins so many people gonna have to eat crow.

Oh if he loses KBrad is still a dumb fuck for shit talking an evo champ that just bopped no.1 tournament player in the world.

pixelish

Oh if he loses KBrad is still a dumb fuck for shit talking an evo champ that just bopped no.1 tournament player in the world.

why do you care so much about what kbrad says? it's just his opinion.

EDIT: wow, they're lucky that the sound glitch happened after the game

Imm0rt4l

I don't think some people understand why smug gets so much love and so they misconstrue the hype behind him as him being able to body anybody. Smug plays a flashy character, a character who without him would be consigned to low tier status and not competitive. But the thing is smug being nice doesn't change the fact that his character DOES have major holes in what's necessary to be truly competitive. Smug comes on the scene and peeps are saying dudley is top 5, no he's not, he's not even top 15. Smug makes up for that with some really solid play in the same way that snakeeyez makes matches that are not in his favor look close to even, really explosive oki (and his opponents unfamiliarity), and clairvoiyantesque reads. Smug's an affable guy, an underdog and his character is fun to watch. That said the kid IS nice but I don't like his odds at the very top level ESPECIALLY against characters that expose dudley like elena. You have to put matchup in context. When k-brad says snakeeyez is a fraud for getting 0-7'd against xiohais sagat, he's totally wrong for not taking the matchup into consideration, that's bullshit because he takes his character far in spite of his flaws.

Let's be serious,Smug doesn't have a chance. But I'd love to see him body some peeps.

Horseress

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Hi guys, 3 questions....

1)Will there be any English commentary at all during the Topanga matches? If so, who, commentating?

2)Will there be a mirror stream on Twitch for the Topanga event? If so, which channel?

3)Assuming Twitch is not an option, how much will it cost to watch the past archive of the Topanga event on Nico Nico?

Beesuit

"tfw you spent money on watching two dudes beating the shit out of each other"
"tfw you spent money on watching a bunch of guys running after a ball"

"tfw you spend money on a plastic frisbee and then spend more money making it obsolete with online downloads"

Hi guys, 3 questions....

1)Will there be any English commentary at all during the Topanga matches? If so, who, commentating?

2)Will there be a mirror stream on Twitch for the Topanga event? If so, which channel?

3)Assuming Twitch is not an option, how much will it cost to watch the past archive of the Topanga event on Nico Nico?

1) no
2) no
3) same cost to watch the event live. you get vods and access to the stream by buying it

Top Bottom