• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

This should be a good wakeup call for Smug.

It is all well and good to travel around American tournaments and never win a single thing. But it is completely different to take on the best in the world and still not win.

mbpm1

It is all well and good to travel around American tournaments and never win a single thing. But it is completely different taking on the best in the world and still not winning.

???

what does this mean lol

if he's content not winning in america then he would be content not winning in the world

Laconic

Banned

It is all well and good to travel around American tournaments and never win a single thing. But it is completely different to take on the best in the world and still not win.

I have always appreciated your dry wit.

Deadpan is best pan.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, these two were pretty much expected losses. 5-0 is brutal, but his best chances were always against other players.

pixelish

did anyone even bother to coach smug on player/matchup knowledge before he went to japan?

sometimes i feel like having a team in the us is so arbitrary when i compare them to the kinship that can be found in the topanga crew and pepeday's fgc group. it seems like the "do your own homework" mentality is the common mindset among american players.

gutabo

image.php

hitsugi

Damn, momochi why you gotta do this ;_;

At least Daigo is back. The guy is constantly refining Evil Ryu and there is none like his right now.

Infinite

did anyone even bother to coach smug on player/matchup knowledge before he went to japan?

sometimes i feel like having a team in the us is so arbitrary when i compare them to the kinship that can be found in the topanga crew and pepeday's fgc group. it seems like the "do your own homework" mentality is the common mindset among american players.
Who in his crew can coach him for the Daigo match up?

every man for themselves in the US.

everybody trynna EAT

Goddamn. I hate myself for missing it but work comes first.

Who else is picking up Elena when PS4 Ultra drops?

dont do this

pixelish

Who in his crew can coach him for the Daigo match up?
i'm not sure but even with the lack of daigo mu knowledge, did the rest of team pie help smug to better prepare himself for topanga when he was still in america? while smug was streaming on the night before he flew off, the other team pie members were simply playing in a lobby among themselves (i saw sci streaming the lobby). idk if they actually gave smug the support that he needed for topanga.

edit: i'm sorry if i'm being too whiny but it's such a shame that despite his talent, nobody seems like they're helping smug reach his fullest potential.

hitsugi

Goddamn. I hate myself for missing it but work comes first.

Who else is picking up Elena when PS4 Ultra drops?

I play Yun, Evil Ryu, and Elena... all bases covered (I'm a Guy main). The game's dead after this year anyway so whatever - pick whoever you have fun with.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Daigo showing every passing day why Evil Ryu is the real top 1 in the game. The damage and his footies are just fucking ridiculous in the hands of Daigo. Props to Daigo he has really gone to the outer limits.

Smug AND Momochi both not having a good day. Momo really looked out of it...

East Coast top players too full of Salt and smugness (no puns intended.) to really coach each other. Always felt like that.

Overall U.S is also full of cliques.

You got Justin Wong and has band or friends. (Ricky, KBrad, Floe, Noel, etc)

NGL + (Chris T, Brett, Marq, etc)

Snake Eyez [Snake Eyez. :( ]

So on.

mbpm1

i'm not sure but even with the lack of daigo mu knowledge, did the rest of team pie help smug to better prepare himself for topanga when he was still in america? while smug was streaming on the night before he flew off, the other team pie members were simply playing in a lobby among themselves (i saw sci streaming the lobby). idk if they actually gave smug the support that he needed for topanga.

I don't think Smug really prepped tbh

GeoNeo

I disagree.

The other Team Pie members are simply ass.

The only "top" players in NYC that could really coach or help devise a plan with Smug are Sanford, Coach Steve, and Shine.

But...you won't see it happen because well you can tell they have too much "pride", "One-upmanship" and "Salt" (Sanford) to help.

Believe it or not Noel is a really good person when it comes to coaching and strategy but you won't see him help Smug because he is with EG guys. And, they are not really supporters of Smug. Hell go read Ricky's tweets she was happy as fuck when Smug got bopped at NCR by GamerBee.

Tik-Tok

Sanford been saying this while eating Ravioli since tiiiiiiiiiiime.

The only "top" players in NYC that could really coach or help devise a plan with Smug are Sanford, Coach Steve, and Shine.

But...you won't see it happen because well you can tell they have too much "pride", "One-upmanship" and "Salt" (Sanford) to help.

Believe it or not Noel is a really good person when it comes to coaching and strategy but you won't see him help Smug because he is with EG guys. And, they are not really supporters of Smug. Hell go read Ricky's tweets she was happy as fuck when Smug got bopped at NCR by GamerBee.

dieminion tho

I remember when Elena players tried to claim she wasn't good...

she's bad ok ;-;

Infinite

I'm not sure how true this is anymore but one thing we can probably agree is the lack of camaraderie between the US top players of varying regions.

Smug will only get stronger after this however of he has the right attitude. It's trail by fire.

Top Bottom