• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

Back on topic. The matches between Daigo and Poongko were close and they played a lot of matches a couple of days before NCR. If Poongko switches to Fuerte I think Daigo will pull out his Yun.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's hard to find good games! SF4 is slow, BB has bad character designs, NRS gonna NRS... all I got left is marvel and guilty gear! (as far as living games go at least)
I'd rather play a game I like and have to work to find matches than play a game I think sucks just because I can instantly find competition.

personally

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I agree with this to an extent.
yeah I mean there's a limit to everything. I'm not about to main primal rage.

Bmw31gO.jpg

sometimes finding good sets is just a matter of networking

hitsugi

Daigo eats Pepedai tho

Daigo has a strong track record with being able to shut down "random" characters. I was thinking maybe Poongko wants to try out Fuerte vs Dudley but I recall Smug demolishing Pepedai as well..

...I don't know who he has that pick for.

mbpm1

Daigo has a strong track record with being able to shut down "random" characters. I was thinking maybe Poongko wants to try out Fuerte vs Dudley but I recall Smug demolishing Pepedai as well..

Everyone else?

I mean.. you might as well take any secondary you can

Whenever I see you post up VF stuff Oneida, I remember how much fun I had playing Lion in a linked arcade setup. It was pretty mind boggling stuff back in the day and always loved how people "groundhogs" and pop their head up to see who bopped them. Now I get really nervous last time I played at an arcade.

alstein

I'd rather play a game I like and have to work to find matches than play a game I think sucks just because I can instantly find competition.

personally

It's a sliding scale for me.

If a game is good enough I'll accept it.

BTW KOF games are now half off on Steam, with the 3-pack for $17.50. More than good enough.

pixelish

You're my two favourite people in this thread now, free.

You guys dig on Hou Hsiao Hsien or Tsai Ming Liang at all? Edward Yang? Man I shouldn't be this excited.
i've seen rebels of the neon god and wanted to catch his most recent film (stray dogs?) but i couldn't find the subtitles for it. never heard of the other two directors you mentioned.

Back on topic. The matches between Daigo and Poongko were close and they played a lot of matches a couple of days before NCR. If Poongko switches to Fuerte I think Daigo will pull out his Yun.

correct me if i'm wrong but daigo has never beaten poongko in a tournament before (evo 2011 blowup, lg korean tournament and cpt asia finals).

mbpm1

Well Elf does not enjoy the Elena matchup particularly well either. Guess he felt like sticking with Seth there.

Anne

I'ma be real, when competitive mobility stops and I have to guess whether I'll get to play good players again, I'm out. I'll still play, but this is when I stop practicing. I love Persona for a huge number of reasons, but I have back up plans. If it weren't still big in Japan and had Americans clinging to Evo and 2.0, Idk how much work I'd still put into it. Tbh it's the main reason I don't go crazy over UNiEL.

Tik-Tok

You guys dig on Hou Hsiao Hsien or Tsai Ming Liang at all? Edward Yang? Man I shouldn't be this excited.

Nah, stuck working on some stuff. Exam time coming up and all.

I want every semen deposit I've ever made in that fickle ass of yours back. With INTEREST!

Kikujiro

Nah, stuck working on some stuff. Exam time coming up and all.

I'm going to be your third favorite person.
Yi Yi is my favorite movie of the past 20 years along with Synecdoche, New York. A Brighter Summer Day is one of cinema's greatest achievement, it sucks we still haven't got a good release and it sucks even more Edward Yang died so young. Tsai Ming Liang's best movie is still his first one: Rebels of the Neon God, but I do love Vive l'amour, The River and The Hole too.
Wong Kar Wai is a master, but I think Jia Zhangke is China's most interesting director.

Exr

I'd appreciate a pm if you upload them unlisted, really eager to see these matches. Its on again tonight right? Or did everything finish already?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
1. nerdjosh and some other dude is doing radio commentary on nycfurby's stream. i will be going to use this commentary for the vod later as i'll head to bed after this smug vs bonchan match.

2. no, niconico will shut down any restreams

3. same price as watching it live. 3500 yen for the entire package and 1500 yen for individual days.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. So, $30 to watch the event? Ummm.....Ooookay.

petran79

Banned

dont say that. there's also Fightcade and some tourney's take place there as well.
it has some obscure games too

tomorrow there is a SF2T tourney. I know I'll be stomped by the pros there but at least it will be an experience. No way to face a good SF4 player with the way ranking works

http://fightplay.fr/tournoi.php?num=1732

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It must be demoralizing having your fellow countrymen poking fun at you after your loss while you are competing in a foreign country where the odds are highly not in your favor.

Top Bottom