• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

pixel, I guess you didn't see my PM's. Since their just rounds and not a whole match maybe Shouta won't mind. But I wouldn't risk it. Ask him if it's OK first.

Smug is reacting to every SRK focus back dash. How trying to forward dash and testing to see if he's just doing Ultra on reaction to the FADC or if he can actually react correctly to a forward dash as well?

pixelish

anyone knows why momochi is using u2 instead of u1? he could've closed out a few games if he had u1.

edit: nvm, it's to punish blocked machinegun blow lol

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
wow, so lucky with that machine gun blow to blow up the focus

smug match point

last game last round now

original.jpg

Edit: MMMMMM THERE WE GO SMUG

Smug takes it, man he looks so fucking relieved. He made a great comeback after punishing SRK, FADC with another Ultra. Why won't anybody just forward dash and test his reactions? He finished the match by doing ducking through Ken's fireball and finishing with a confirm into EX machine gun.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
i'll die a martyr for y'all.

I already got full sub thankfully my mastercard CC allows me to buy stuff from international stores I just have to go through their secure payment option.

However, I do know many people sadly are unable to use their C.C, so I'm sure they are grateful.

Just asked my brother lawyer 50 seconds is well within "fair use", hopefully mods feel the same way since you're really just showing off Smuggles emotions. <3

xCobalt

Smug takes it, man he looks so fucking relieved. He made a great comeback after punishing SRK, FADC with another Ultra. Why won't anybody just forward dash and test his reactions? He finished the match by doing ducking through Ken's fireball and finishing with a confirm into EX machine gun.

Based on the clips that were posted, he's punishing the focus attack before a dash even comes out.

The sets today have been really good. Four matches went 5-4 and Louffy vs Gen was 5-2 but was honestly a pretty close match with several games that could have gone either way. Only one blow up so far.

Based on the clips that were posted, he's punishing the focus attack before a dash even comes out.

Remember, if you DP and focus dash forward immediately then you're only -5. Punishable by fast normals and Supers, but not Dudley's Ultra which is a 7 or 8f start up I think.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I'M SO FUCKING HYPE FOR SMUG I just rang my GF and told her Smuggles won.

She said is that a character from Sesame Street. ROFL. <3

ALSO LETS GO POON_Go

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The weird thing is that U1 is not a focus breaker. I've lost to just letting focus attack rip when I tried to punish one. I have to hit training mode and see if Momochi could've just hold focus to beat the Ultra.

edit: Oh right, Smug can do reversal Ultra after the blocked DP, I'm dumb.

Poongko is using the same strategy he used against Daigo. Constantly absorbing fireballs from nearly full screen so he can use Ultra to shut down fireballs. And Bonchan made a big comeback to take game 3. So many comebacks between today and yesterday.

Top Bottom