• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Marz

How can you say that after day 2 tournament?

Same way people said Sagat was a beast in vanilla and Sent in MvC3. Of course there will be patches but c'mon its not that outrageous to say stuff like that we did have the demo for weeks and some people have had the game for weeks.

YO THAT NEW TAC TECH FCHAMP JUST FOUND ON STREAM

DELAYED TACS WITH STALKING FLARE

GODDAMN
Champ discovered new tech on stream.
Wh-what?!

Stop giving FChamp attention and entertaining this baseless nonsense. How many nails in the coffin do you need on a persistent basis for us to drop a UMvC3 update from discussion. If you don't believe direct sources and proof the developers have moved on (i.e. Niitsuma assisting on JoJos) I don't see why suddenly FChamp's luck becomes credible when he says an update is coming and oh-ho looks like Capcom decided to make one. Just stop this shit. No plans currently means no plans currently. Shit changes. Right now, there are no plans, no resources, no license and no developer for the update. Just because you can't read Sven's carefully worded PR talk without assuming it's always lies doesn't mean FChamp's luck suddenly has credence.
While I don't necessarily believe FChamp, I also don't think that Niitsuma was working on a goddamn JoJo's port for a while year.

Dahbomb

Sven had his 1 bullshit quota with the AA thing, and FChamp had it with SF4 update. Otherwise Sven only spreads enlightenment and supported arguments, none of which FChamp has displayed. Not even from his dream world.
Champ has yet to say something that has been disputed by Capcom. He called the 2013 update WAY back so right now he is ahead of Sven in terms of being truthful. I have already linked the comment about the 2012 to 2013 patch although technically Sven didn't say that, some other Capcom head said it.

Sven spreads vague shit. He always says "there is no plans for this game... AT THIS TIME". That means diddly squat. If he says "We will never work on this game ever again" then his statements can be taken seriously. He strings along the fanbase "guys we don't have any plans yet... BUT PLEASE KEEP SUPPORTING OUR GAMES AND KEEP THE PASSION!"

Just like I don't believe Capcom has their shit together for next gen when it comes to out sourcing, Westernizing or producing good single player content and stories in fighting games. Put up or fucking shut up.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Champ has yet to say something that has been disputed by Capcom. He called the 2013 update WAY back so right now he is ahead of Sven in terms of being truthful. I have already linked the comment about the 2012 to 2013 patch although technically Sven didn't say that, some other Capcom head said it.

Sven spreads vague shit. He always says "there is no plans for this game... AT THIS TIME". That means diddly squat. If he says "We will never work on this game ever again" then his statements can be taken seriously. He strings along the fanbase "guys we don't have any plans yet... BUT PLEASE KEEP SUPPORTING OUR GAMES AND KEEP THE PASSION!"

Just like I don't believe Capcom has their shit together for next gen when it comes to out sourcing, Westernizing or producing good single player content and stories in fighting games. Put up or fucking shut up.

You know you can just say random shit and sometimes be right. It's how I got my tag.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
He didn't get top 8 at AE at Apex.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 — Results

1. FNEX|K-Brad (Cammy)
2. AG|DemonHyo (Seth, Blanka)
3. DMG|LionHeart (Sagat, Fei Long)
4. AGE|NYChrisG (Sakura, Guile)
5. EMP|Hiro (M. Bison)
5. TS|Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim, Rose)
7. Meteo (Vega)
7. RPD|Alex Smith (Abel, Juri)

I like the fact that CDjr plays other games though. But he hasnt placed top 8 in a capcom game at a major yet.

Ah, maybe I'm thinking of top 16. I know he placed relatively high at some AE tourney a month or two ago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wh-what?!
Basically he did a THC and had stalking flare out with Mags on point. Dash up after shockwave, and launch right into a TAC JUST before the stalking flare catches up with the character. Your character will tag out and a new one will not come in until the stalking flare ends. If the stalking flare kills the character, your new character will not tag in until the opponents next character comes in, who is instantly in blockstun from the Stalking Flare that's still out there.

He's way ahead of Sven and Capcom's actual planning because he throws something in the air and it ends up happening? Okay that's not really a basis for trust. Hows about this, I tell you right now that there will be another Street Fighter in the future, and you herald me as a prophet when it happens? Sound good to you?

Again, you just can't read his PR talk so you shouldn't really be commenting on it. No plans at the moment means no plans at the moment, why do you have to keep inferring more shit from it? A wise man once said "it is what it is." That's different from when he says "we have nothing to announce at the moment" but if you can't tell the difference then why bother inferring shit from it? Sven has a consistent set of PR replies he always uses. Go watch some of the Capcom event streams from the past to get a better idea, if you care to discern. Right now, there's no reason to believe FChamp over Sven unless you cloud your judgment with an irrational desperation and hate for Capcom. And if you still do, you might as well believe me in saying that there will be another Street Fighter, and not to trust them because of a divine vision I once had.

Beckx

I play Young Joseph. Fuck execution.

I would totally play a execution based character if I had a training mode.

Wait, the xbla/psn has training mode, doesn't it? Or have I lost more brain cells to bath salts again?

-----------------------------------------

Sven should take cues from Bill Trinnen (especially now that it looks like the center of power is firmly back in Osaka): only bear good news and be nowhere in sight when all you've got is bad.

Dahbomb

I can read Capcom PR fine. I am not the one inferring that Remember Me is being cancelled because Capcom suddenly wised up on Western outsources.

All I am saying is that neither Sven nor Capcom has ever completely denied the possibility of a Marvel patch in the future. Saying stuff like "no plans in the forseeable future" means diddly squat as you said yourself. Let's take the hypothetical situation where Capcom is planning a MVC4... you think they are going to go out and fucking say "there are plans to make another MVC game in the forseeable future"? HELL THE FUCK NO!!! They will spend a whole month teasing it and shit then announce it after denying it's existence or saying crap like "we have nothing to announce at this time".

Sven is never going to say something important on CU. He is always going to say obvious shit because he is not allowed to say sensitive information. That's what PR is. Actual information has to be carefully disseminated these days and no way is Sven going to release that type of information on a fucking community board.

Dahbomb

2 Penance Stares in a match.

This shit is OOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAA FFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can read Capcom PR fine. I am not the one inferring that Remember Me is being cancelled because Capcom suddenly wised up on Western outsources.

All I am saying is that neither Sven nor Capcom has even completely denied the possibility of a Marvel patch in the future. Saying stuff like "no plans in the forseeable future" means diddly squat as you said yourself. Let's take the hypothetical situation where Capcom is planning a MVC4... you think they are going to go out and fucking say "there are plans to make another MVC game in the forseeable future"? HELL THE FUCK NO!!! They will spend a whole month teasing it and shit then announce it after denying it's existence or saying crap like "we have nothing to announce at this time".

Sven is never going to say something important on CU. He is always going to say obvious shit because he is not allowed to say sensitive information. That's what PR is. Actual information has to be carefully disseminated these days and no way is Sven going to release that type of information on a fucking community board.
The difference being unlike other games where they leave it with an ambiguous likelihood (no plans ATM) of it happening or not, due to the number of requests on Ask Capcom and elsehwere, Capcom has gone out of their way describe why it is actively unlikely.

Could it happen? Sure. No one is denying that. Is it likely now and FChamp is aware of some license that Capcom is waiting in line to bid on? Uh, no. He's like any other Capcom Unity poster making conjectures that may be right every once in a while, with a Colbert GIF stashed in a minus folder somewhere in case they are right.

Beckx

Dahbomb, a UMvC3 patch is as likely as Nintendo releasing Earthbound...

...you know what, you go right on talking about patches.

Have you seen the state of the Wii U? Anything is possible on that system right now. April ought to be worse than next month on the NPD. We might get an F-Zero announcement at E3 if it keeps this trajectory.

Capcom ain't that desperate yet lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Nintendo runs out of stuff to put out and puts out something they've been starving fans of for a long time. Peasants get excited when they are thrown some bread.

That's how Nintendo operates, and isn't out of the ordinary. Just you wait until they announce Metroid, Starfox or maybe a 3D Mario for Wii U and people think they're prayers have been answered.

Beckx

Have you seen the state of the Wii U? Anything is possible on that system right now. April ought to be worse than next month on the NPD. We might get an F-Zero announcement at E3 if it keeps this trajectory.

Capcom ain't that desperate yet lol.

I'm holding out for Zelda II HD.

Nintendo runs out of stuff to put out and puts out something they've been starving fans of for a long time. Peasants get excited when they are thrown some bread.

That's how Nintendo operates, and isn't out of the ordinary. Just you wait until they announce Metroid, Starfox or maybe a 3D Mario for Wii U and people think they're prayers have been answered.

I'm going to hit you with the stick of humor. Hard.

TheChits

I'll gladly accept my peasant status if it means I can get hype for Earthbound :p

Sheroking

People tend to think their prayers have been answered when their prayers have been answered. That's all they/we want, bro.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'll gladly accept my peasant status if it means I can get hype for Earthbound :p
That was an analogy more than calling Nintendo fans peasants. :p They do still get a steady stream of water Mario titles, that's about the only franchise they keep away from long cycles.

/xbot

EDIT: Apologyman vs. Moons XBL right now.

got my copy of Injustice.

Hello, glass ceiling, my old friend. I'm sure I'll be headbutting you sooner rather than later. But first lets see if I can get any decent Superman combos locked into my muscle memory before I plateau in scrubland, like I do with every fighting game I've ever picked up :)

gutabo

I'm holding out for Zelda II HD.
If you meant Zelda: the adventure of link HD, then... I might buy a wiiu for that. I played it before TLoZ and I still have that golden(not anymore) cartridge somewhere. Battery died a long time ago too, lol.

FSLink

Banned
The difference between Sven and FChamp is that one gets paid to say bullshit so he doesn't lose his fucking job, the other just wants donations.

Top Bottom