• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

Marz

Is Sanford actually really starving and shit? He doesn't like work a shitty subway job or anything?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Somebody, somebodies give me a notable players list for the following games at EVO.

Blazblue, KI, KOF XIII, Injustice, and just for kicks, UMVC3. 16 at least.

As soon as I have it all thread will go up.

Oh and if you want me to add anything, let's say, like GB's orgies, tell me.

CurlyW

Wow, BadIntent (a SFxT player) placed 20th at the US national Championships for Pokemon and secured a spot for World. Not exactly FG related but FG player doing well in other games is boss. =)

Well there's ClakeyD oh wait you said doing well nm

Horseress

so the world cup should be over before marvel starts unless they go into extra time. too bad i'm gonna miss smash. :( i'll probably have twitch on my monitor and the world cup on my tv.

If it goes to penalties, it will be over just in time for the 3pm announcement block
the marvel patch

jbug617

Banned
the origin of the EMP and Ravioli came from a video Triforce posted. It was before Justin left for the West Coast and he showed up to the EMP house with some goods. It was a case of Chef Boyardee Ravioli and Capri Suns. Those guys got hyped about (Dragon God and Huggy Bear) and Triforce took the can away from him saying you got to wait or something like that. I think Triforce took down the video of it.

Wow, BadIntent (a SFxT player) placed 20th at the US national Championships for Pokemon and secured a spot for World. Not exactly FG related but FG player doing well in other games is boss. =)

He didn't even need any points from nationals to make worlds :p

the origin of the EMP and Ravioli came from a video Triforce posted. It was before Justin left for the West Coast and he showed up to the EMP house with some goods. It was a case of Chef Boyardee Ravioli and Capri Suns. Those guys got hyped about (Dragon God and Huggy Bear) and Triforce took the can away from him saying you got to wait or something like that. I think Triforce took down the video of it.
:-O

Loona

jbug617

Banned
So are the Japanese players going to make it to EVO? Apparently there is a typhoon that suppose to hit Japan later in the week.

smurfx

get some go again
...but that's not the EVO time zone.

That probably means noon at EVO, though I didn't check if the 3pm part was actually correct.
yes its noon vegas time. don't know if the world cup match starts at noon or if coverage starts at noon. if its coverage then the game is going to start at 12:30pm.

If anyone remembered from a while back I posted that stick pcb lag chart;

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...arcade-stick-input-lag-testing-results-thread
http://teyah.net/sticklag/overview.html

He does a much better job explaining his methodology than my previous explanation that butchered it.
360%20Arcade%20stick%20lag%20results%2007072014.png

PS3%20Arcade%20stick%20lag%20results%2007072014.png

Coopa pls!

The million dollar question here is if new Q4s have a two-part PCB.

Horseress

yes its noon vegas time. don't know if the world cup match starts at noon or if coverage starts at noon. if its coverage then the game is going to start at 12:30pm.

the match starts at noon PST (EVO time), and, if it goes all the way to penalties, it ends 3pm PST max

Busaiku

Somebody, somebodies give me a notable players list for the following games at EVO.

Some notables in BlazBlue are...
N-Man (Rachel), Dora (Bang), Dogura (Azrael), Galileo (Litchi), Yoshiki (v-13), Grandia (Tager), KOG (Tager), Tiku (Tager), Tochigin (Azrael), Kinji (Taokaka), Hima (Terumi), Tsujikawa (Kokonoe), Matoi (Kokonoe), Jiyuna (Kokonoe), Bananaken (Kokonoe), Pops (Platinum), Lich (Relius).

Lich probably has the best shot among all Americans of making top 8, which is why I felt the need to mention him.
All Japanese top 8 is extremely likely.

Geez, saw this late, which doesn't leave a lot of time once I find my Marvel disc, get everything hooked up, etc. Sorry :(

I'll probably be on tomorrow for most of the day though!
You mean your PS3 is unplugged, and you don't even know where Marvel is? :-O

I hope people tweet mr wizard and tell him to change the sound settings on the stream stations to character themes, since we're going to see/hear training stage all weekend.

edit: WHERE'S MAHVEL?

You mean your PS3 is unplugged, and you don't even know where Marvel is? :-O

It's mostly because I have my capture card hooked up to my monitor I use for my PS3 now, so it's more of switching it over, making sure cables are in the right place, etc.

And yeah I never know where any of my discs are I never put them in the right cases.

It's 3:30

Do you know where your Marvel is

Lol

It's mostly because I have my capture card hooked up to my monitor I use for my PS3 now, so it's more of switching it over, making sure cables are in the right place, etc.

And yeah I never know where any of my discs are I never put them in the right cases.

Lol

I hope people tweet mr wizard and tell him to change the sound settings on the stream stations to character themes, since we're going to see/hear training stage all weekend.

edit: WHERE'S MAHVEL?

It's 3:30

Do you know where your Marvel is

I know right where it is.

mjl.gif

aww yeah. evo is almost upon us.

get hype.

CPS2

And no Australian flag once again.
Stolen from ozhadou, a list of Aussie players going:

Melb:

Xavier Nardella aka Somniac (SFIV, KOF, UMVC3)
Igor aka Spidercarnage (TOL)
Muttons (SFIV, UMVC3)
Josh (IGAU).

NSW:
Yousseff: (Tekken, UMVC3 and I think Injustice)
Cheyne (Tekken),
Xavier (SFIV, IGAU)
Andrew (Sailo) (SFIV)
Erks (Tekken, IGAU)
Kyokugen (KOFXIII)
Afterdeath
Joey
Luke Habib

Adelaide
Nader (IGAU)

Perth:
Luke Tottman
Robert Lemmon
Brisbane:
Jeremy Stanton aka Jman

And Humanbomb is going right? But only sort of counts. I haven't been following/attending any Aussie tournaments for ages but from when I was, Somniac and Afterdeath were probably the best out of that group for SF4. I remember Cheyne being one of the top Tekken players as well.

16 notable Injustice players.

Theo
Jupiter
Sonic Fox
Forever King
Forever King Jr
16 Bit
Pimpimjim
Max
Whiteboi
Noobe
Wound Cowboy
Blind Ducky
Deg
Pig of the Hut
Tyrant
Honeybee

And Humanbomb is going right? But only sort of counts. I haven't been following/attending any Aussie tournaments for ages but from when I was, Somniac and Afterdeath were probably the best out of that group for SF4. I remember Cheyne being one of the top Tekken players as well.

Yeah Somniac especially could do well given a good draw.

Mr Wizard please.

vulva

16 notable Injustice players.

Theo
Jupiter
Sonic Fox
Forever King
Forever King Jr
16 Bit
Pimpimjim
Max
Whiteboi
Noobe
Wound Cowboy
Blind Ducky
Deg
Pig of the Hut
Tyrant
Honeybee
You absolutely belong on the list, but does it feel weird to list yourself?

Anne

From what we put together. We had Lich look at it and he added a couple people but that's about it. We can narrow it down further but out of 500~ here's who we noticed in pools:

H1- N-O
H3 - Jiyuna
H4 - Kogatan
H6 - Bananaken
H8 - Tiku
H9 - Matoi
H10 - Ivysaur, Spark, dsmoove
I1 - Murishinjyu
I2 - Galileo
I3 - Pops, Grandia(if he makes it)
I4 - Brkrdave
I5 - Stunedge, Huey253
I6 - Dora
I7 - Lord Knight, Kog
I9 - Yoshiki
I11 - Pain
J1 - Tsujikawa, Jona
J2 - SpinKing, Kinji
J3 - Sg, Hima, Apologyman
J4 - Dogura
J8 - Lich, Thedon323
J9 - Xie, Kinkuli
J10 - Kiba
J11 - Tochigin

Shouta

From what we put together. We had Lich look at it and he added a couple people but that's about it. We can narrow it down further but out of 500~ here's who we noticed in pools:

H1- N-O
H3 - Jiyuna
H4 - Kogatan
H6 - Bananaken
H8 - Tiku
H9 - Matoi
H10 - Ivysaur, Spark, dsmoove
I1 - Murishinjyu
I2 - Galileo
I3 - Pops, Grandia(if he makes it)
I4 - Brkrdave
I5 - Stunedge, Huey253
I6 - Dora
I7 - Lord Knight, Kog
I9 - Yoshiki
I11 - Pain
J1 - Tsujikawa, Jona
J2 - SpinKing, Kinji
J3 - Sg, Hima, Apologyman
J4 - Dogura
J8 - Lich, Thedon323
J9 - Xie, Kinkuli
J10 - Kiba
J11 - Tochigin

J4 - Wuku

Then there are probably a handful of others just a rung below.

Top Bottom