• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

BY2K

Membero Americo
is the schedule for EVO out yet?

F4q90pG.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is anyone making avatars for the big players? I would love to have a Team Daigo avatar.
We should all do EVO avatars! I don't really like EVO Iron Man though.

I mean, shit, we did the whole sunglasses thing for VxG

Where do I go if I want to buy for the HD streams for EVO?
I think the Twitch pages. I would wait for an official announcement though.

remist

From what we put together. We had Lich look at it and he added a couple people but that's about it. We can narrow it down further but out of 500~ here's who we noticed in pools:

H1- N-O
H3 - Jiyuna
H4 - Kogatan
H6 - Bananaken
H8 - Tiku
H9 - Matoi
H10 - Ivysaur, Spark, dsmoove
I1 - Murishinjyu
I2 - Galileo
I3 - Pops, Grandia(if he makes it)
I4 - Brkrdave
I5 - Stunedge, Huey253
I6 - Dora
I7 - Lord Knight, Kog
I9 - Yoshiki
I11 - Pain
J1 - Tsujikawa, Jona
J2 - SpinKing, Kinji
J3 - Sg, Hima, Apologyman
J4 - Dogura
J8 - Lich, Thedon323
J9 - Xie, Kinkuli
J10 - Kiba
J11 - Tochigin

J2: Mda | psykotik
H3: 2gb combo
Definitely need to be on that list.

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
What are you talking about? Dacidbro is already famous!

But I vaguely heard about SGDQ

You're posting on here again! =O

If I have time, we can play some VF5 at Evo.

i wont be at evo - i mean... i COULD start a last minute donation drive XD - jokes aside. thanks to all of you that stopped in to the stream. see y'all tomorrow :D

JDdelphin

We should all do EVO avatars! I don't really like EVO Iron Man though.

I mean, shit, we did the whole sunglasses thing for VxG

Should we Q up our avatars?

Forming up the Q army would be pretty awesome....

IRON SOLIDARITY MASKS FOR ALL?!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

This feels like a cop out. Like come on, at least be a bit more creative.

the origin of the EMP and Ravioli came from a video Triforce posted. It was before Justin left for the West Coast and he showed up to the EMP house with some goods. It was a case of Chef Boyardee Ravioli and Capri Suns. Those guys got hyped about (Dragon God and Huggy Bear) and Triforce took the can away from him saying you got to wait or something like that. I think Triforce took down the video of it.

Yo man, when you in the hood, especially the boroughs, and you get some caprisun and chef boyardee, you dont mess with that. Triforce is just a greedy bastard who has the mentality of a 5 year old.

Where do I go if I want to buy for the HD streams for EVO?

I don't know what you mean by "buy" but you can subscribe on Friday if EVO is being streamed that day, $4.99.

Announcement after smash. It has to be Pokken fighters.
Kappa

image.php

This face is appropriate for everything.

.la1n

Should we Q up our avatars?

Forming up the Q army would be pretty awesome....

IRON SOLIDARITY MASKS FOR ALL?!

That would be fun, I'd be down for that but my image editing abilities are subpar so someone would have to help me out.

Silky

Banned
What endless battle bugs? Also, GGs earlier. What should I do against Adon's full screen dive kick?

Medium and Heavy Jaguar Tooth are safe on block as of Ultra's updates, so it's really difficult to counter-attack it. Since you're using Blanka i think his electricity would be a good way to counter considering how instant the attack can be.

The Endless Battle bugs has a lot of synchronization errors and can sometimes boot people out of them because the game thinks you're disconnected from PSN

.la1n

Feel bad for anyone trying to make a hype announcement before Marvel finals unless it's Capcom themselves. We saw what happened to KI last year lol.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Did Ono say something about a Capcom versus Capcom game quite a while ago? I'm reading up on some stuff and can't seem to find it.
Maybe cause its all in my head and there are voices telling to BELIEVE.

Dahbomb

Did Ono say something about a Capcom versus Capcom game quite a while ago? I'm reading up on some stuff and can't seem to find it.
Maybe cause its all in my head and there are voices telling to BELIEVE.
Nitsuma just said that if there was a Capcom vs Capcom he would like to make it.

Don't get your hopes up for these announcements. I expect a Smash character announcement and a USF4 port/patch announcement at best.

cj_iwakura

Some notables in BlazBlue are...
N-Man (Rachel), Dora (Bang), Dogura (Azrael), Galileo (Litchi), Yoshiki (v-13), Grandia (Tager), KOG (Tager), Tiku (Tager), Tochigin (Azrael), Kinji (Taokaka), Hima (Terumi), Tsujikawa (Kokonoe), Matoi (Kokonoe), Jiyuna (Kokonoe), Bananaken (Kokonoe), Pops (Platinum), Lich (Relius).

Lich probably has the best shot among all Americans of making top 8, which is why I felt the need to mention him.
All Japanese top 8 is extremely likely.

Is the Mu who won CEO going to be there?

Shackzam

Nitsuma just said that if there was a Capcom vs Capcom he would like to make it.

Don't get your hopes up for these announcements. I expect a Smash character announcement and a USF4 port/patch announcement at best.

Darkstalkers aren't dead.
My heart is putting to much into these announcements

Mdesilva

From what we put together. We had Lich look at it and he added a couple people but that's about it. We can narrow it down further but out of 500~ here's who we noticed in pools:

H1- N-O
H3 - Jiyuna
H4 - Kogatan
H6 - Bananaken
H8 - Tiku
H9 - Matoi
H10 - Ivysaur, Spark, dsmoove
I1 - Murishinjyu
I2 - Galileo
I3 - Pops, Grandia(if he makes it)
I4 - Brkrdave
I5 - Stunedge, Huey253
I6 - Dora
I7 - Lord Knight, Kog
I9 - Yoshiki
I11 - Pain
J1 - Tsujikawa, Jona
J2 - SpinKing, Kinji
J3 - Sg, Hima, Apologyman
J4 - Dogura
J8 - Lich, Thedon323
J9 - Xie, Kinkuli
J10 - Kiba
J11 - Tochigin
I'd add:

H2: DawnHikarii (yes really), Nano, AxistheBeast
H3: 2GB Combo
H5: ChosenNinja
H11: Eshi
I1: The Arm
I8: Crazyape
I9: Delta
I10: Danke
J10: Shtkn

Edit: Oh, if you're talking top 8/16 material then maybe I'd narrow those down to ChosenNinka and Delta.

Is it bad I just want to play this the entire time and ignore my pools?

Don't do that; I want to see you win the trip to Japan. As for GG, I'm not sure when the ballroom/booth area opens, but if you want to swing by early, I can probably get you some quality uninterrupted Xrd time. I'll PM you once I find out what our schedule will be.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
BakedYams_avatar_quote.png

Yeah my hopes are pretty much nonexistent. I've learned to stop caring for Capcom since they haven't announced anything NEW for the FGC in ages and no Ultra does not count.

Markman is the man!

Who is the chick with Markman?

Medium and Heavy Jaguar Tooth are safe on block as of Ultra's updates, so it's really difficult to counter-attack it. Since you're using Blanka i think his electricity would be a good way to counter considering how instant the attack can be.

The Endless Battle bugs has a lot of synchronization errors and can sometimes boot people out of them because the game thinks you're disconnected from PSN
Electricity takes 5 P inputs, so it's not the kind of thing you do on reaction. If you get hit by it between attacks, it's because I'm mashing P to catch an offensive mistake.

Onemic

AE on PC has the same problem. I keep getting random "lost connection to player". Its worse than it was after that GFWL patch back in March

Ooh, nice. Is it going to be all pad play for the setups, like it was at AX? I think MarkMan could lend you guys a few PS4 sticks.

I would also ask if Aksys could kick in something for the AH3:LM side tournament, but this is super last minute and we already got some stuff from Examu, so.... :3

All pad as far as I know. As for stuff for a side tournament, I can poke around the office, but I think we're officially out of swag of any kind.

Also, if anyone knows when the BBCP pool streams are going on, could you PM me the schedule/links? I won't be in the office for Evo, but I'll get someone to pimp the links on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Anne

I'd add:

H2: DawnHikarii (yes really), Nano, AxistheBeast
H3: 2GB Combo
H5: ChosenNinja
H11: Eshi
I1: The Arm
I8: Crazyape
I9: Delta
I10: Danke
J10: Shtkn

Nah. Shtkn himself would tell you he doesn't belong. Axis, Dawn, Danke are all relatively low tier too. Don't just throw up people because you know about them, throw up people you know are actually worth noting. I put up people I know are good, not who have twitter followers or stream monster followings. The only concession I'll make out of those is 2GB, but he's not quite there. Shouta mentioned Wuku, I forgot about him but I haven't seen him play lately.

Top Bottom