• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

colinp

Banned
I struggle to comprehend any joy or interest related to watching other people play.

If you do this, then more power to you. The vast majority of people do not watch sports for this reason. They watch them because they have intertwined their self-worth in with a team that vaguely relates to their life situation in some way (i.e. same state or school), and seeing the team win provides personal pleasure for them. The rest are folks who don't actually inherently like sports, but like to socialize, and it provides them with an excuse to gather/socialize with others. It's likely why fantasy football became so popular.

Don't you think it's presumptuous to say the the vast majority of people do not watch sports for this reason?

I can tell you feel a lot of anger towards this certain group of people (coworkers? Neighbors?), but I'm not sure how you are being any less of a "presumptuous asshole" towards them, which I thought is what you dislike.

I dunno dude.

I don't think I see eye to eye with Karst on anything. I find most of his reasoning sethkillianmindblown.jpg but he really has some unique perspectives on things, which I appreciate. He's the spiritual successor to scytheavatar in many ways, though I think I tended to agree with scytheavatar a wee bit more.
Well that's just mean of you.
Yeah, fuck you too, Enzo.

Kiki's Delivery Service IS a Studio Ghibli film.

Karst can't be the spiritual successor to scytheavatar because he was here way before scythe.
Oh, my bad. I started with Mononoke. Which always looks weird typed out.

I was the first person to warn people about scytheavatar and not to take him seriously. He was a troll poster on GFAQs who eventually moved over here.

Don't you think it's presumptuous to say the the vast majority of people do not watch sports for this reason?

I can tell you feel a lot of anger towards this certain group of people (coworkers? Neighbors?), but I'm not sure how you are being any less of a "presumptuous asshole" towards them, which I thought is what you dislike.

I dunno dude.
Huh? I'm not angry at anyone. Where did you get that idea? This is just how I type.

I think it's really obvious that most people don't watch sports to improve their own game. There simply aren't that many active athletes relative to the number of viewers.

JDdelphin

I want to play as that armored gorilla thing

Gorilla Grodd.
He's one of those characters that can be really cool if you handle him right...

Just got one of these for my son not too long ago-
bbf23-1qbjye.jpg

HE WAS A GOOD MAN

People gave him way too much shit here, he was better than most at supporting his opinions

toddhunter is an S-tier sneak disser
You realize scytheavatar was universally on everyone's ignore list at GFAQs, right? Everyone there figured it out.

Shackzam

You realize scytheavatar was universally on everyone's ignore list at GFAQs, right? Everyone there figured it out.

Oh shit. I remember him on GFAQs. Most of the threads he made were a shit fest in general and it was everyone feeding the fire. I don't think I lurked for that long to see him on NeoGaf.

Oh shit. I remember him on GFAQs. Most of the threads he made were a shit fest in general and it was everyone feeding the fire. I don't think I lurked for that long to see him on NeoGaf.
Yeah, and there was another troll that came here and I just thought "fuck no, get out of GAF". I can't remember who it was, though...if I could find my GFAQs ignore list, I might be able to remember. He got banned, thankfully.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
FWIW, Karst, you're the smartest person on NeoGAF that I never agree with, lol.

Wouldn't ever call you an asshole, either. Just blunt.

alstein

The anime fighting games are going to get all of FGW banned aaaaaaa
ok not really unless start posting about Super Strip Fighter 4 or something equally gross (and if it's not obvious, that game is not safe for work... or anything)

Although it makes me wonder about all of my posts about Arcana Heart
but really guys it's a good game :(

I was about to mention Arcana in that thread, but was afraid I'd get Arcana banned- and I don't want that on my conscience.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah, and there was another troll that came here and I just thought "fuck no, get out of GAF". I can't remember who it was, though...if I could find my GFAQs ignore list, I might be able to remember. He got banned, thankfully.
Was it the guy who made up the umvc3x rumor?

Shito

If you do this, then more power to you. The vast majority of people do not watch sports for this reason. They watch them because they have intertwined their self-worth in with a team that vaguely relates to their life situation in some way (i.e. same state or school), and seeing the team win provides personal pleasure for them. The rest are folks who don't actually inherently like sports, but like to socialize, and it provides them with an excuse to gather/socialize with others. It's likely why fantasy football became so popular.
I watch football because I love the game, and that's pretty much it.
I don't support any team, apart from the one from my country when they play, but don't stop watching a tournament when they get kicked out.
You should stop making generalisations, it's a bad habit to have, and a great part of why people think you are "angry".

I enjoy sports, and to an extent fighting games, because they are a condensed version of life. It's an everlasting theatre play that keeps on going indefinitely...

Thank you. :)

I get the bluntness from my father's side. Family get togethers are 8-10 people all flowing between vigorous debate and making fun of one another. It's all in good fun, but it sometimes causes problems socially. Though these days, I have learned to control it more by remembering not to be happy in front of others and engage in innocuous chatter instead of things I enjoy. I still find it nigh impossible to form deep relationships outside of my wife, sister, and two friends for life, though. Too many philosophical differences.

KingofSarus?
Nah. He was before me, I think.

It might have been him. I wonder if he just gave up eventually...Panda was always such a fantastic guardian of the thread in that regard.

Was it the guy who made up the umvc3x rumor?
The guy who turned out to be Kensk-fake? It wasn't him. What made me think he was sincere was that he was a really solid poster. He had odd opinions, like thinking that Dr. Strange is top tier on point, but he also kicked the shit out of me with his point Strange, so it made his comments have some grounds. I really wish he competed outside of the online sphere, because I think he would have done for Strange what KBR did for Hulk.

I doubt anyone remembers lol

But I was the originator of the twitch chat meme "fuck neogaf and fuck karsticles" back in like 2012 (like a year before I registered). I think I also did it to azure something or other. He would get pretty pissed. Was copy/pasted in many Fgc streams for a few months

No legitimate hate, tho. Just stupid fucking around while bored watching streams, your avatar pissed me off, iirc, and I rolled with it.

But I was the originator of the twitch chat meme "fuck neogaf and fuck karsticles" back in like 2012 (like a year before I registered). I think I also did it to azure something or other. He would get pretty pissed. Was copy/pasted in many Fgc streams for a few months

No legitimate hate, tho. Just stupid fucking around while bored watching streams, your avatar pissed me off, iirc, and I rolled with it.
:O

I have actually been thinking about an avatar change. I know I read people's avatars into their words, so others might as well. My avatar looks like a pretty angry dude (he looks happy to me) to some people, so maybe that makes people think I am angrier than I am more often than not?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds like he reformed when he joined GAF!

He does have a Marvel Theory Ph.D, after all!

Damn, wow hahaha

I have actually been thinking about an avatar change. I know I read people's avatars into their words, so others might as well. My avatar looks like a pretty angry dude (he looks happy to me) to some people, so maybe that makes people think I am angrier than I am more often than not?
I don't use your avatar like that, but I don't like your avatar because I always feel like I want to see the rest of the picture (assuming it's cropped).

I certainly hope people don't read my posts in a robotic voice.

Frantic

My avatar looks like a pretty angry dude (he looks happy to me) to some people, so maybe that makes people think I am angrier than I am more often than not?
I always thought he looked like a guy taking a massive shit that was having difficulties coming out. The low res of the avatar always leads me to think his eye is his eyelid, and he's got his face clenched and teeth barred in the struggle. That might just be (immature)me, though.

Admittedly, I don't really associate avatar's 'mood' with a poster's post. I just use them to quickly recognize someone, really.

As a side note, ZTS was the only person I ever put on an ignore list for any forum(or anything else with an ignore list) I've ever been a part of. He was... something special, let's say.

If we're talking about the Fallen, let's all have a moment of laughter for GunbladeZ
Best part about Cross Assault.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Popped into the KOF thread after picking it up last night, and they suggested I ask here. Sorry if it's BEEN asked before, but with EVO right around the corner, there was mention that stick manufacturers may be putting their sticks up for sale for cheap(er). Any suggestions for a mid-tier stick that may go on sale this weekend? It will be for PC use, but if it can be used on next gen systems (if I ever get one...), that'd be neat?

Popped into the KOF thread after picking it up last night, and they suggested I ask here. Sorry if it's BEEN asked before, but with EVO right around the corner, there was mention that stick manufacturers may be putting their sticks up for sale for cheap(er). Any suggestions for a mid-tier stick that may go on sale this weekend? It will be for PC use, but if it can be used on next gen systems (if I ever get one...), that'd be neat?

Mad Catz Fightstick Pro for 360 should be a nice goto option for about $80 if you live in the US.

allen_nguyen

Neo Member
Uh, wut? How are KOF shortcuts worse than SF4? That's a huge claim there, please substantiate. Likewise, how is the input buffer too big?
There aren't that many shortcuts in terms of directional input. For some supers though, I can skip inputs and still have it come out, like the 2363214 ones. The input buffer between directions and buttons though, is definitely one of the biggest ones I've ever encountered in a fighting game. After hundreds of hours of play I am comfortable with my timing if I ever wanted to do walk forward, pause, QCF A, and get a fireball and not a DP, but it's still a hassle. SNK would do better to reduce the input buffer.

Top Bottom