• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

Dahbomb

Ricky hasn't done well at Evo since 2010
Yeah but he has done very well at majors recently and again it really comes down to match ups. If he avoids a lot of international competition until top 8 then he can make it.

Plus it's a new game... lots of "randomness" is to be expected. We can have yet another Poongko/Daigo moment at EVO this year with all these new buffed characters (and certain people going for top tier without putting in the time beforehand).

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119905987]10 bucks says Gootecks makes top 32.[/QUOTE]

Nobody took my Yipes bet because it was too lopsided. I think yours is, too.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119905987]10 bucks says Gootecks makes top 32.[/QUOTE]
Is this a real bet? I will take that bet for $10.

So because the marvel patch is being announced, the antichrist is coming (upside down cross tattoo on his head). Guys, I think a marvel patch wasn't supposed to happen...
Dormammu buffs confirmed.

PR Balrog for one. He has definitely been grinding out Ultra.

PRRog has made top 8 at two previous EVOs for SF4. This time he is coming in with a top 5 character in his back pocket. Not a player to sleep on for sure.

I still say Ricky and Justin have a solid chance at top 8 for USF4 (as they have made top 8 before so they are no strangers to it). It really comes down to match ups and who plays who.
I will give you PR Balrog, but JWong is still practicing Marvel right after a new game dropped. That doesn't give a lot of confidence in his performance.

Remember when everyone thought we were announcing a Marvel patch at ECT? Then I announced my retirement from ECT/TFC. Wonder if someone from Evo is retiring...?
30 minutes is a while for that.

jbug617

Banned
Remember EVO does awards like the Cannon awards etc. I wonder if they plan to do any combo videos. It's been a while since they had them.
Sure KI will do a character reveal.

notworksafe

One announcement slot for an MKX demo, one for awarding their FG player of the year or whatever it is. Ono will probably also come up and take a picture of everyone doing a Shoryuken.

onionfrog

So, the announcement after smash finals makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo reveal a character or two for the new smash bros.

BUT WHY IS THERE AN ANNOUNCEMENT AFTER MARVEL FINALS?!?!?
Coincidentally, that's also right before USF4 finals. It's probably just a USF4 costume DLC or next gen port announcement... :/

Kumubou

It'll be there. We have 4 stations planned, as well as BB and Love Max.
Ooh, nice. Is it going to be all pad play for the setups, like it was at AX? I think MarkMan could lend you guys a few PS4 sticks.

I would also ask if Aksys could kick in something for the AH3:LM side tournament, but this is super last minute and we already got some stuff from Examu, so.... :3

Yeah but he has done very well at majors recently and again it really comes down to match ups. If he avoids a lot of international competition until top 8...

Fat chance

USF4 is hard to call. Not only is it the most entered game but its probably also the game with the highest percentage of skilled players.

It isn't like marvel where 4 out of the top 8 placings are a forgone conclusion.

But if I had to guess what American players would do the best, it would probably be Jayce, Snake Eyez and JWong.

But Johnny...

This is NeoGAF

#Believe

BRB-using-imagination-since-no-pics.jpg

Seriously though, I'm just salty since I won't be there this year :(

A new Marvel would be hype!

OceanBlue

Fat chance

USF4 is hard to call. Not only is it the most entered game but its probably also the game with the highest percentage of skilled players.

It isn't like marvel where 4 out of the top 8 placings are a forgone conclusion.

But if I had to guess what American players would do the best, it would probably be Jayce, Snake Eyez and JWong.

Snake Eyez will have to get past Tokido, Xian, Tampa Bison, and Luffy, while Jayce will have to get past Momochi, Gamerbee, Fuudo, Keno, and Zeus. :p

Snake Eyez will have to get past Tokido, Xian, Tampa Bison, and Luffy, while Jayce will have to get past Momochi, Gamerbee, Fuudo, Keno, and Zeus. :p

I haven't actually looked at the brackets. Maybe I should before I start acting like a know-it-all.

I think Jayce has a good shot actually with that.

I don't like Snake Eyez vs Luffy but he's proven me wrong before.

AAK

Just because the reveals are following or preceding a specific game's it doesn't mean they have to be related.

On that note, I'm relatively confident neither of them will be Capcom related and one of them is going to be an MKX character(s) reveal.

Lemstar

They did the past two years.

Still not sure what the weekend thing gets you besides emoticons for the chat and the money going towards that school thing
HD options for the stream - nonsubs were capped at 480p.

Watching the stream through VLC or such seems pretty popular around here now, though, and that'll get around it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
HD options for the stream - nonsubs were capped at 480p.

Watching the stream through VLC or such seems pretty popular around here now, though, and that'll get around it.
Yeah but does that apply to this year?

You could also look at the archives last year

OceanBlue

I haven't actually looked at the brackets. Maybe I should before I start acting like a know-it-all.

I think Jayce has a good shot actually with that.

I don't like Snake Eyez vs Luffy but he's proven me wrong before.

Kyosuke (the guy who maintains the SSF4Ranking site) organized everything and made it really easy to look at. That's the only reason I know anything about the bracket lol. Not to attention-whore by quoting myself, but...

Looks like Kyosuke posted a list of all of his noted players for USF4 on his Twitter.

Block A
Block B
Block C
Block D

It'll be interesting to see if Jayce faces Momochi again. I want to see if Momochi changes his approach from SEAM. Isn't Fuudo usually on point against Viper players though? Plus, I can see Gamerbee vs. Jayce going poorly for Jayce.

Edit: Actually, I'm really excited to see Latif play again!

Top Bottom