• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Kimosabae

Banned
Cammy???

She better be worlds apart from her SF4 design. In terms of aesthetics and gameplay. Keep the divekicks and that's it.

And give her pants gotdammit

petghost

Banned
i know its kinda archaic and everyone on the internet hates it but i think i kinda like the traditional capcom and basically all jp fighting game methods of rolling out a couple new chars, balance changes and new mechanics all at once as opposed to getting a dlc char on a regular basis.

Dai101

Banned
Maybe with Birdie the trash has something to do with his V-skill. It all has been food items as well maybe he eats them and discards trash. Each item might increase health or another stat, or probably a distracting tool.

Probably something more goofy, like Sasquatch and the banana peel S-taunt

Skab

Birdie would be great to see back again. Cammy is much less exciting but they could change that if they do something interesting with her design.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they give her some of her Omega stuff.

Might've been w/ Bogard's stuff too - but doing much more than that for an initial roster is pretty unlikely.

Something slightly higher, like say 18, is still within the realm of possibility though.

kirblar

i know its kinda archaic and everyone on the internet hates it but i think i kinda like the traditional capcom and basically all jp fighting game methods of rolling out a couple new chars, balance changes and new mechanics all at once as opposed to getting a dlc char on a regular basis.
I agree. I like the expansion model better than a month-by-month KI model.
Something slightly higher, like say 18, is still within the realm of possibility though.
Agreed, due to bosses and Akuma and such.

Horseress

Banana's another Birdie hint- it's his Mohawk.

668.gif

You are probably right sir

jerry1594

I'm 100% cool with this. Looking at character art though, makes me kind of really wish sf6 has that classic watercolor Akiman look. Basically what sf4 kind of tried and failed to emulate
cam-chun-bridge.jpg

I think Cammy with cargo pants would be cool.

You have to wonder though. Birdie and Cammy are the worst characters to reveal at E3. Alex or Urien would have hyped up the crowd more.

shaowebb

Birdie huh? Well now I'm getting curious. I like big dudes and always thought that goofball could be interesting if they brought him back.

You have to wonder though. Birdie and Cammy are the worst characters to reveal at E3. Alex or Urien would have hyped up the crowd more.

The only character that would hype people up is Ryu. Any other character is just the flavour of the week.

"OMG Alex! They have to include a character that nobody gave a shit about or played, that would be amazing because ... Oh they announced Alex? Meh. OMG Karin! She is a girl character and I saw a picture of her once on a Street Fighter Wiki. Including her in the game would make it the greatest of all time... Oh she is in? Whatever, looks boring. Q! Q! Is a totally different play style that is completely different to every character because you can taunt and lose slightly slower. And I saw this youtube video and this dude used the taunt three times! LOL! He would make SF5 worth playing! YES HE IS IN! Oh but taunts don't do anything, what a waste of a character slot and what a boring design. But they must include Ingrid right! She is just such a clever design! And she is in! Oh but they totally messed up her backstory, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANY MORE. So I'm not playing her. Screw this, I just hope they don't mess up MVC4 and I hope they include Magneto. THAT WOULD BE HYPE!"

The only character that would hype people up is Ryu. Any other character is just the flavour of the week.

"OMG Alex! They have to include a character that nobody gave a shit about or played, that would be amazing because ... Oh they announced Alex? Meh. OMG Karin! She is a girl character and I saw a picture of her once on a Street Fighter Wiki. Including her in the game would make it the greatest of all time... Oh she is in? Whatever, looks boring. Q! Q! Is a totally different play style that is completely different to every character because you can taunt and lose slightly slower. He would make SF5 worth playing! YES HE IS IN! Oh but taunts don't do anything, what a waste of a character slot and what a boring design. Screw this, I just hope they don't mess up MVC4 and include Magneto. THAT WOULD BE HYPE!"

nah breh I'm not having this

smurfx

get some go again
dem German magazine leaks

Zu den bereits bekannten Teilnehmern Ryu, Chun-Li, Nash und M. Bison gesellen sich die Veteranen Cammy White und Birdie. Cammy spielt sich flott wie eh und je, die quirlige Dame setzt in erster Linie auf Schnelligkeit und Nahkampfangriffe. Birdie hingegen ist ein gewaltiger Brocken, er haut ordentlich zu und steckt einiges ein. Der Koloss ist zwar sehr unbeweglich, seine Eisenkette hat aber eine nicht zu unterschätzende Reichweite. Deswegen ist der Riese in der aktuellen Vorab-Version auch deutlich zu stark. Hier muss Capcom noch an der Balance schrauben!

WELP
yay birdie.

Kumubou

What a fucking travesty, Fuck Kudo Tsunoda. He didn't understand a damn thing about what made the DefJam games great.

The fucking AkiEngine
But he wanted to stop all of the button mashing!!!!!

Holy crap, what a misguided attempt at "fixing" an issue (and making the affected games even uglier slopfests).

"OMG Alex! They have to include a character that nobody gave a shit about or played, that would be amazing because ... Oh they announced Alex? Meh. OMG Karin! She is a girl character and I saw a picture of her once on a Street Fighter Wiki. Including her in the game would make it the greatest of all time... Oh she is in? Whatever, looks boring. Q! Q! Is a totally different play style that is completely different to every character because you can taunt and lose slightly slower. He would make SF5 worth playing! YES HE IS IN! Oh but taunts don't do anything, what a waste of a character slot and what a boring design. Screw this, I just hope they don't mess up MVC4 and include Magneto. THAT WOULD BE HYPE!"
Damn.

It's true though, with character reveals at this point you're going to have way more tight that their favorite character isn't added

Infinite

I want Ibuki, but I know realistically her chances are very very slim.

"OMG Alex! They have to include a character that nobody gave a shit about or played, that would be amazing because ... Oh they announced Alex? Meh. OMG Karin! She is a girl character and I saw a picture of her once on a Street Fighter Wiki. Including her in the game would make it the greatest of all time... Oh she is in? Whatever, looks boring. Q! Q! Is a totally different play style that is completely different to every character because you can taunt and lose slightly slower. And I saw this youtube video and this dude used the taunt three times! LOL! He would make SF5 worth playing! YES HE IS IN! Oh but taunts don't do anything, what a waste of a character slot and what a boring design. But they must include Ingrid right! She is just such a clever design! And she is in! Oh but they totally messed up her backstory, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANY MORE. So I'm not playing her. Screw this, I just hope they don't mess up MVC4 and I hope they include Magneto. THAT WOULD BE HYPE!"
U a hater

Ken has some fans

Clawww

man, with combofiend's hand in this, cammy might actually turn out to be really cool as a rushdown character.

you try way to hard sometimes

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

i knew pam would eventually drive you nuts

Dai101

Banned

icDAkh.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Q! Q! Is a totally different play style that is completely different to every character because you can taunt and lose slightly slower. And I saw this youtube video and this dude used the taunt three times! LOL! He would make SF5 worth playing! YES HE IS IN! Oh but taunts don't do anything, what a waste of a character slot and what a boring design.

Dude you went full derp. Q is hype as fuck. He's the terminator/jason of street fighter. First of all the stuff is in play for his taunt mechanic to be his V skill type stuff Second of all he's one of the hardest hitting characters in SF3 with fun juggle combos off his command grab and ex dash punch.

Only way Q can't be in is if Rog is in as they are too similar.

Village

Its almost as if the community isn't unified in their tastes and thats good. Exspecting uniformity is idiocy. If that annoys you welcome to humans i dunno what to tell you

perfect legend confirmed idiot world wide now? dude needs to learn to shut his mouth when it comes to politics when he is a sponsored player.

You know what good pro gamers do? Avoid talking serious topics on twitter and facebook.

edit
o wow his responses on twitter. Holy shit, this dude makes fchamp look good in the PR department.

Village

Also pants cammy would get my immediate attention.

Cammy a character who's story i liked and moves,but her clothes where bleh

Top Bottom