• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 11-17 | Sticks and Stones Break Zangief's Bones

No idea, obviously they could only do such much within the confines of the current model they have in place but still don't know why he had to be scaly. It's not so much Klassic as it is MK X reptile stole some ninja clothes.

Technically isn't it MK4 alt costume Reptile?

Personally I'd like him to have a second klassic alt...Deadly Alliance Reptile...yeah I know I'm alone on that.

vulva

fiNO8wK.jpg

zvhKTSA.jpg

Found out what's in the box

ITT: People who LOVE fighting games and have had years to adjust to their idiosyncrasies can't fathom why anyone else with less interest or dedication to the genre find the barrier to entry high :p

I don't see how that's an excuse. I bought HD Remix in December of 08 but didn't really get into Street Fighter until SFIV dropped a few months later. Before that, I loathed fighting games. I never knew the combos (because all the SFs I played before were in arcades and had no move lists) and hated 3d fighters (memorizing long, random strings of button presses to do combos is the opposite of fun) so I never got into them until I was 18 years old. Despite that I played everyday, went into training mode, played online everyday (Vanillas SFIV Championship mode will forever be the best) and pretty quickly got into it. I am by no means any good, but I still love playing the game and try to improve as much as possible. I walked in to SFIV with no prior experience in Street Fighter or fighting games in general. I had no clue what it took to play them, how to practice, or how to get better. But I did it, and so can other people. Anybody can get into fighting games, it just takes work and sadly a lot of gamers nowadays don't want that in their videogames.

For that matter, how will any kind of segregation work with <1000 concurrent players at a time (and likely far less than that in any particular region)?
Community based organization and matchmaking. Once the number gets small enough its alot easier and simpler to organize on a human and individual level rather than letting a system handle it for you.

Unfortunately in the case of fighting games it probably means the number of players has to be less than 100 or something.

What does this mean? Is this what KOF players already do?

"yo, wanna play"
"Yeah"

Pretty much, or whatever fighting game players are doing now.

It's just a chicken and egg problem that it won't grow the player base by a whole lot because most of the lower skilled players will be kept out and matchmaking doesn't have a large enough player pool to work with.

Tangentially related is that a small, consolidated community of high skill level will shut new players out purely because of the skill difference. Which is why Team games also help by devaluing the skill of a single person. Most people unwilling to organize into proper teams also soft caps the overall skill level of the player base. Basically the popular games embrace a lot of mechanics and designs to handicap players and hand hold the new ones.

Sigmaah

Thank God for klassic reptile!

Also thank God my mains didn't get touched, bless you nrs.

Bless nrs for already touching Kung Jin and raiden. Deff needed their damage toned down, by how much tho is the question? This patch need to finish downloading already.

Who are the big names going to Toryuken.
CountBlack
Justin
Infiltration
Noel Brown
KBrad
Kane Blue River
Countblack
Yup yup
So basically nobody. Ooooooooooooooooooo.
I'm a somebody
you're thinking of the other fangirl, Blackule
whoisthisnikka

you goin to Toryuken?
Nah, you know he's a biggidy biggidy betch.

anyway.. Played Justin tonight 11 times in USF4
kttcoliwow

lost to Justin tonight 11 times in USF4

kBVgFEX.gif

I got #Clapped.

Definitely the best player I've ever played. I've never felt so helpless in my life. He played a set against everybody that was there..

P81kespl.jpg:small

nigga didn't drop a single game. son went in.

I asked Justin if he asked Combofiend why Capcom decided to nerf Deejay.. dude said Capcom/Japan hates that nigga gawddamn

Kbrad/Noel didn't end up coming through, I think they went to a bar in somewhere in Toronto. Probably get more games in tomorrow.

Jack 7 trailer

vulva

Wanted to go, Count, but you can imagine not wanting to do 5 hrs of travel just to play a few games and lose hard.

Sounds like a good time though

Wanted to go, Count, but you can imagine not wanting to do 5 hrs of travel just to play a few games and lose hard.

Sounds like a good time though

Yea I understand it would've been mad far. Whatever though, just play him tomorrow.

Btw, what time does teams start tomorrow at A&C?

Anne

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";164023243]You're working on a CVS2 tournament at Golfland?[/QUOTE]

Yes, $50 pot bonus to first place.

shaowebb

I'm gonna see if I can get that guy who recorded that 1080p Tatsunoko vs Capcom stuff on Dolphin to record some more...any cast in particular folks want to request? For the record he only has real experience and combos with Ryu/Chun so if he shows the rest it'd probably be just showing how they look and a move or something in HD.

Top Bottom