• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Who was the guy here that was into competitive Dissidia? Beef?
Kinda feel like watching some videos for fun and is there a forum dedicated to competitive dissidia?

Dat's me, and you reminded me that I was sitting on a bunch of Dissidia replays that I forgot to post.

[Festivo LB R5] kewldude (Lightning/Firion/Prishe) vs RDF2050 (Warrior of Light/Ultimecia)

[Festivo LB R6] Kewldude (Lightning/Prishe/Golbez) vs Xelxas (Gabranth/Sephiroth/Golbez) (Sys-XN)

[Festivo LB R7] kewl (GILGAMESH/Lightning) vs Danned (Yuna/Sephiroth/Tifa)

[Festivo LB R7] Wheels (Cloud) vs AK (Zidane/Golbez)

[Festivo R8 SemiFinals] kewl (Prishe) vs AK (Zidane/Golbez)

The videos are straight from DissidiaForum.com's Youtube channel, so you can watch all their tournament matches there.

So judging from the Steam forums and the MKX OT, it looks like today's patch for the pc version of Mortal Kombat X that was meant to fix everything fucked up everything instead

Amazing

Beckx

So judging from the Steam forums and the MKX OT, it looks like today's patch for the pc version of Mortal Kombat X that was meant to fix everything fucked up everything instead

Amazing

That's almost always how "big patch to fix everything" goes. How many "big patches to fix everything" has MCC had?

Xevren

Amazing

I feel really bad for the pc players having to put up with this crap.

pixelish

aris gonna stream some jason vorhees while wearing a sombrero
http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle

JM0Kf0m.png

CurlyW

I left Chicago pre-current gen, so I am curious: was KI always big there, or did it get big after Iron Galaxy took over the game's development?

I'm not in Chicago anymore either. I don't believe KI is or ever was that big in terms of local offline attendance. Rather, there just happen to be a good number of KI online warriors from the midwest. I can't say for sure about the Iron Galaxy effect.

On the flip side, Marvel was never that big in Chicago and/or the greater midwest. Additionally, some scenes straight-up died, like Madison's. A good barometer for Marvel in the midwest is Frostys: Pretty much every midwest region that still plays Marvel showed up at Frostys this year, and they got 55 people total.

I'm not in Chicago anymore either. I don't believe KI is or ever was that big in terms of local offline attendance. Rather, there just happen to be a good number of KI online warriors from the midwest. I can't say for sure about the Iron Galaxy effect.

On the flip side, Marvel was never that big in Chicago and/or the greater midwest. Additionally, some scenes straight-up died, like Madison's. A good barometer for Marvel in the midwest is Frostys: Pretty much every midwest region that still plays Marvel showed up at Frostys this year, and they got 55 people total.
Ouch.

Where are you at now?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

DRE Fei

It's cool to see Justin getting so many views daily on his stream. FGC needs as much consistency as possible on twitch. Shoutout to Arturo as well. I hope the youtube thing is working out too.

I just found it sad (business talks) that KVO let Capcom have the entire stage for SF4 when the event was originally planned for marvel.

That's on KVO and not Capcom. I assume there are certain expectations if your event is rewarded as either premier or ranking event. The KVO staff went after it knowing that was probably the case. I don't think Capcom wouldn't be pleased if they kept USF4 in the dark until top 8 or even less. Maybe they won't apply for the CPT next year if they want to cater to their main audience. They already capped USF4 to 64 when it could have easily been 200+ as well and it still occupied too much time.

I didn't finish watching the stream live but I went back and watched top 3 on youtube and I did notice that the players in the background didn't seem to give a fuck. So yeah, the animosity was probably pretty real. Maybe KVO can run USF4(and/or SFV as well) again, but just plan around it better so that it doesn't take the spot light too much from other games.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
That's on KVO and not Capcom. I assume there are certain expectations if your event is rewarded as either premier or ranking event. The KVO staff went after it knowing that was probably the case. I don't think Capcom would be pleased if they kept USF4 in the dark until top 8 or even less. Maybe they won't apply for the CPT next year if they want to cater to their main audience. They already capped USF4 to 64 when it could have easily been 200+ as well and it still occupied too much time.

I didn't finish watching the stream live but I went back and watched top 3 on youtube and I did notice that the players in the background didn't seem to give a fuck. So yeah, the animosity was probably pretty real. Maybe KVO can run USF4(and/or SFV as well) again, but just plan around it better so that it doesn't take the spot light too much from other games.

I wouldn't be surprised if the KVO staff got chewed out. Better planning for sure next time.

onionfrog

Amazing
Thank you guys for telling me not to buy it on PC. Sounds like its been a real clusterfuck.

Horseress

I've never seen a fuck up like this before: they released the big patch Ed Boon teased yesterday, it fucked up everyone's save files. Then they release another patch, both around 15gb, just to revert the shit the other patch made (I don't think it fixed everything, as I still see people complaining about their save files).

But be not afraid guys! Now they announced they "pinpointed" the save file issue and will release a new patch this evening, I'm sure everything is going to be alright this time

Dahbomb

I've never seen a fuck up like this before: they released the big patch Ed Boon teased yesterday, it fucked up everyone's save files. Then they release another patch, both around 15gb, just to revert the shit the other patch made (I don't think it fixed everything, as I still see people complaining about their save files).

But be not afraid guys! Now they announced they "pinpointed" the save file issue and will release a new patch this evening, I'm sure everything is going to be alright this time
Almost as bad as Capcom fucking up the USF4 PC netcode.

At least it didn't format your hard drive like some games have in the past...

This is some next level yomi

Top Bottom