• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Almost as bad as Capcom fucking up the USF4 PC netcode.

And even then, the netcode worked okay usually with friends, and the rest of the game actually worked. I've never seen a fuck-up on a PC port this hard, even Dark Souls worked (resolution was locked and KB&M controls were bad), this is SR2-tier.

zlatko

Banned
What's the word on Yatagarsu for steam already?

That game was due out forever ago. I hope there's a big enough community for it as it semi interests me. Gives me Garou vibes when I played the UK version.

Speaking of Garou, when is SNK giving us a new KoF? They need to get in on KoF 14 already for new gen and hopefully include Gato this go around.

Dahbomb

James Chen just making up stuff on the spot with this KVO Marvel stuff:

"Oh man I heard they made Marvel best of 1, single elimination!"

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i wish max didn't have to say the name of every subscriber and donator, i get why he does it but it's annoying.

LegatoB

What's the word on Yatagarsu for steam already?

That game was due out forever ago. I hope there's a big enough community for it as it semi interests me. Gives me Garou vibes when I played the UK version.
If you bought into the crowdfund a couple years ago, you've had a more-or-less current beta build, minus non-"core" features like GGPO, for months. If you didn't, you can buy the couple-year-old version and play that. No indications that they're going to release the "full" version, or open up the beta as Open Access, anytime soon,

alstein

Almost as bad as Capcom fucking up the USF4 PC netcode.

What happened with USFIV was kinda bad, but what HVS and NRS (this is NRS's fault just as much, it is their game and they chose to use shovelware porters) is in a whole different league.

I don't expect perfection, I do expect a bare degree of competence- and NRS/HVS failed to even meet the basic standard.

In terms of disasterous PC games that are reputation-killing, I'd rate this one right now ahead of Sword of the Stars 2.

Kumubou

If you bought into the crowdfund a couple years ago, you've had a more-or-less current beta build, minus non-"core" features like GGPO, for months. If you didn't, you can buy the couple-year-old version and play that. No indications that they're going to release the "full" version, or open up the beta as Open Access, anytime soon,
They claimed to be revealing a release schedule for the PC version with the next update, and they've been doing these updates around the beginning of the month. So it wouldn't surprise me if we saw something in the next few days.

zlatko

Banned

Blah. Okay. I'll keep it off my radar for now then.

On a different note I plan to watch an entire Smash 4 Tournament in the near future to see this game in action. if I get a Wii U in the very near future I want to see it played at high level to see if I'm not wasting my time getting a Wii U as it would be mainly for this game to grind and potentially get gewd at.

Mr. X

Are people really complaining MKX is more popular than USF4 atm? Even with Capcom money involved, what game is drawing more #s for entrants should headline and get the spotlight.

Chillax Capcom Country,

Rhapsody

Banned
Are people really complaining MKX is more popular than USF4 atm? Even with Capcom money involved, what game is drawing more #s for entrants should headline and get the spotlight.

Chillax Capcom Country,

I have no idea why. SF isn't going anywhere at this rate or being threatened. MKX bringing new people in is great.

SF4 got people into competing and even got them to check out and like other games. MKX can do that too.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Imagine if MKX gets the last spot on EVO night and Ultra doesn't get it? The salt would be real.
Basically none of us would care and would enjoy an earlier time slot lol. If IGN starts spamming ads about EVO for MKX, then the viewer number will finally be eSports and we will just be a memory.

Imagine if MKX gets the last spot on EVO night and Ultra doesn't get it? The salt would be real.
Basically none of us would care and would enjoy an earlier time slot lol. If IGN starts spamming ads about EVO for MKX, then the viewer number will finally be eSports and we will just be a memory.

By July none of the casual audience will care about MKX anymore

I hope all the hype around MKX isn't just the same sort of empty hype every new game gets (remember when Persona had 90+ entrants at WNF? how it was going to be the anime game that really hits it big?), and I hope it maintains really strong momentum until EVO.

Sayad

Chillax Capcom Country,
Even with money involved, isn't MKX getting a bigger pot bonus from NRS?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Max is on another level with his twitch stream. He's doing shit I've never seen anyone else do.

Why do /r/kappa nerds hate him again?

Rhapsody

Banned
Ultradavid talking about that super stretchy power being powerful. Sounds like he should check out Luffy in One Piece.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
By July none of the casual audience will care about MKX anymore

I hope all the hype around MKX isn't just the same sort of empty hype every new game gets (remember when Persona had 90+ entrants at WNF? how it was going to be the anime game that really hits it big?), and I hope it maintains really strong momentum until EVO.

That's what I'm sadly thinking, the casual crowd moves quickly from one thing to another. Not saying that the majority of the MKX is filled with people who aren't that into fighting games, its just I've seen it happen so many times that I just wait for the hype to deflate. I hope NRS does good on this version and keeps on supporting it and putting up money to the pot prizes for the community. Although, it makes me think, how crazy is it gonna get when SFV gets released? By god, it might be a new golden age for fighting games if Capcom doesn't mess it up.

Because if it's not Melee it doesn't count

What I find odd is that people still trash talk Smash 4 a shitload when I hear it mentioned cause it doesn't have the technicality, thing is, I think its turned into a meme just like Marvel being dead. We're damaging ourselves!
No really though, I find it odd people fool around so easily with these sayings and little do they know less knowledgeable people will pick it up and take it as a fact ;_;

Each NRS game lasts until the next one releases. I expect that to hold true here. Several kids at my school want to buy it, and we're watching videos today.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like shit, someone help me not feel like shit.
Here, have one of my favourite GIFs:

ii1UADEtE5hID.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Each NRS game lasts until the next one releases. I expect that to hold true here. Several kids at my school want to buy it, and we're watching videos today.

MK9 community died off quickly, sure you still had your dedicated fanbase, but it was nowhere near to where it was when it actually started if my understanding of the situation is accurate. I just don't want another damn repeat cause fighting games need to be supported more often so more attention is given to it so in turn produces more high quality fighters with the higher surplus of money flowing in from the attention its receiving. Which may turn into potential buyers, thus helping the genre grow.

I feel like shit, someone help me not feel like shit.

NSFW language but from the pieces I saw, it was hilarious.

Onemic

MK9 community died off quickly, sure you still had your dedicated fanbase, but it was nowhere near to where it was when it actually started if my understanding of the situation is accurate. I just don't want another damn repeat cause fighting games need to be supported more often so more attention is given to it so in turn produces more high quality fighters with the higher surplus of money flowing in from the attention its receiving. Which may turn into potential buyers, thus helping the genre grow.

NSFW language but from the pieces I saw, it was hilarious.

NRS isnt doing anything to help keep the current fanbase with the shitty online. They've already pretty much destroyed the PC community. 30k to 3k in 1 week. And it's only going to go lower after that patch.

Top Bottom