• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Sayad

I have a similar chance of playing again whether I get touched by Zero or Zato. Zero neutral game maybe more deal-withable tho
You get two chances to guess against Zero, you get about two chances against Zato, a burst and another round.

zlatko

Banned
Why does a character need buffs for you to show in order to renew your interest in playing a game? I find that mentality so strange.

I'm playing a ton of MKX, and I want to hop back into Xrd to see the changes to my main. I was curious what those changes are.

That's about it.

Also, ask a Dee Jay player that question. :)

LOL Perfect Legend

CEbRjh0UgAAHx3v.png

Sayah

Let me try to fill in the holes:

Action > PC/Windows
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Xbox One

Dark Souls 3?

Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Sony Playstation 4
Adventure > Xbox One
New Pac-Man?

Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
Fighting / Wrestling > Xbox One

Tekken 7?
SoulCalibur?
Dragonball?
Naruto?

Clearly definitely not Pokken.
Free-to-play > PC/Windows

They already have Rise of Incarnates on there. Must be a new title or perhaps an update to ROI?
Racing > PC/Windows
Racing > Sony Playstation 4
Racing > Xbox One
They just published Project Cars. I'm thinking a new Ridge Racer.

Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Ni No Kuni 2?
Tales of Zestiria?
Simulation > PC/Windows
Simulation > Sony Playstation 4
Simulation > Xbox One
Ace Combat?

What's Missing?

Summer Lesson.
Project Treasure.

insert astroturf.h

It's the full balance patch. SHOULD be up and live tomorrow, depending on the whims of Sony.

/astroturf

Goddamnit Mike. Do you intend for me to end my days in the madhouse? Your incorrect use of the word erodes my sanity by the line. That it's in C is even worse. No objects makes me go loco.

i've always wondered, is your avatar from bleach?

Never seen even one episode of it. Seriously, what the hell do you think this series is?

fader

lol! I love how his 1st complaint contradicts his 5th complaint. You want more viewers but don't want to put in the work for streaming? come on man... You think Justin and Max are sitting on their hands and just getting viewers for doing nothing? What a legend

that symbol just looks so similar

you know, after his appearance on Ultradavid show I wondered why people hated on him.

Now it's apparent.

No saying I hate the guy, but I can understand why people wont like him.

EDIT: actually, reading that Max line. I think I hate him...

Even in the Ultrachen show he made excuses for losing Fatal 8. It's obvious that he never holds himself accountable. I think that's true for a lot of US players, but he takes it to another level.

Sayah

Those pacman games based of that cartoon are ok.

Like Solid 7. those are solid ok games

Cartoon, couldn't get though episode. Games pretty good.

I played a little bit of the Ghostly Adventures one on PC. It was okay.

I'm really glad the Pac-Man in Smash Bros. used the classic design in place of the cartoon design, though. He is my favorite new character and any future Smash is going to feel empty without him in it. They can remove Sonic or Megman but keep my Pac-Man in there. He's such a troll, lol.

tumblr_n6zl8cLmlE1qbc2ylo1_r1_250.gif

I do sympathize with Perfect Legend on having no time to himself to play without pressure. Constantly being on stream, being scrutinized, needing to win. That does suck. That part makes sense.

Yes. He HAS to win. He is not a casual entertainer streamer, he is a competitor. He has immense pressure to win EVO and be the best.

alstein

I don't even blame him for hating on Max. It's like CM Punk hating on the part-timers and that being a reason why he quit.

Competitors tend to not like it when celebrities make more than they do for doing the same thing.

On stream though? Streaming isn't a competition.

Well that's his point. He can't privately grind out match ups because he is playing everyone on stream, people who know he is a competitor and try super hard against him and then blow him up if he loses.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Every single streamer he complains about does something for viewers he doesn't do. PL isn't funny in the slightest and he's afk or quiet most of the time.

Manbig

I don't even blame him for hating on Max. It's like CM Punk hating on the part-timers and that being a reason why he quit.

Competitors tend to not like it when celebrities make more than they do for doing the same thing.

Except that when it comes to streaming, he is not doing the same thing. How long has Perfect Legend been streaming and putting work into building his community? How long has Max been streaming, making videos, and putting in work into building his community? Perfect Legend expected the views and donations to just fall on his lap after streaming some MKX just because of his name value? What value is that anyway? People know who Max and Justin Wong are. People don't know, or care who this guy is, and releasing a message like this isn't gonna do him any favors if he ever tries again.

Well that's his point. He can't privately grind out match ups because he is playing everyone on stream, people who know he is a competitor and try super hard against him and then blow him up if he loses.

Nonsense. He doesn't HAVE to play with subs. Aris was streaming almost a week straight of just MKX practice mode and people were totally cool with hanging around to watch and just listen to him talk bullshit.

Xevren

Every single streamer he complains about does something for viewers he doesn't do. PL isn't funny in the slightest and he's afk or quiet most of the time.

Seriously. He's a good player for sure, but as a streamer he's pretty boring.

There's nothing wrong with cutting off the streaming so he can focus on competing. It's just that he said that while also complaining about Justin, Max, etc...

zlatko

Banned

Why hate on Max? Max is doing the community good. People who may not even look at MKX to pick it up, but like Max's content are likely to purchase it since he's spending time with it and giving it praise.

PL is salty as fuck. He isn't really a personality so why view him? Even when I watch SonicFox's stream he doesn't jabber much like say Arturo.

Good luck to PL in doing well, but he's putting this pressure on himself. No one else is. It's a recipe for disaster. Daigo gets 20384209384209X more pressure than PL ever will, and the dude shows up and performs how he knows he can. I don't see Daigo stream, and he wins some and he loses some. So PL trying to blame streaming as part of the reason he's doing poorly or scared he'll perform poor is a cop out in my eyes.

Dude should grind non stop with SonicFox if he wants to beat him. SonicFox would probably play him all day if he wanted.

.la1n

LOL Perfect Legend

He struck me a nice guy the few times I have seen him so it's a bit surprising to me to see him pitching a tantrum over people getting more viewers than him. Is he trying to be a fighting game competitor or win a popularity contest? Those guys put legit production value and entertainment into their streams to get the viewing numbers they do.

fader

even when they equally put in work in media? and the CM Punk thing was just silly. Just a bitterman with high expectations.

This isn't a competitor getting jealous at a "celebrity" (whatever that means)

This is someone envying some else's success. Saying Max just sit's there and

gobble donations while doing nothing on his stream is a completely asinine and farfecthed statement

Except that when it comes to streaming, he is not doing the same thing. How long has Perfect Legend been streaming and putting work into building his community? How long has Max been streaming, making videos, and putting in work into building his community? Perfect Legend expected the views and donations to just fall on his lap after streaming some MKX just because of his name value? What value is that anyway? People know who Max and Justin Wong are. People don't know, or care who this guy is, and releasing a message like this isn't gonna do him any favors if he ever tries again.

boom shakalaka

Village

I played a little bit of the Ghostly Adventures one on PC. It was okay.

I'm really glad the Pac-Man in Smash Bros. used the classic design in place of the cartoon design, though. He is my favorite new character and any future Smash is going to feel empty without him in it. They can remove Sonic or Megman but keep my Pac-Man in there. He's such a troll, lol.

tumblr_n6zl8cLmlE1qbc2ylo1_r1_250.gif

games, ok. Exact opposite about how i feel about sanic boom , best sanic cartoon, games are bleh, so far anyway.

I like pacman's design in game, but I would like an alt of some of the later pacman games/inclusions. Where he has eyes, but don't have the weird teeth. Like the x tekkne pacman. I like his little sneakers.

Speaking of alts concepts I wish were things
Pony tail ryu , rival schools ryu , and baggy gi ryu would get me to play ryu.

mbpm1

Max obviously puts in a time to his entertainment efforts. That Jason shit from yesterday was ridiculous. He's not just doing nothing and getting by with his winning personality or something.

Dahbomb

You guys should be glad we aren't in the phase of fighting game streaming where a girl with revealing clothes gets more stream views than most "pro" players. These players would get so salty over that, hell there's already salt in games where that already happens.

mbpm1

You guys should be glad we aren't in the phase of fighting game streaming where a girl with revealing clothes gets more stream views than most "pro" players. These players would get so salty over that, hell there's already salt in games where that happens.

Isn't there that Starmie girl?

ShinMaruku

If he is to be a top level competitior he should welcome the challenge and crush them and if some do beat him could be a learning point. The people who blow him up if he loses should never be taken seriously. Unless that is a negative on his stream numbers, if it is then I can understand. But really nobody should take some of the shit talkers online. 30% of humanity is insane and the world would be better off without them, but you just have to identify the trash and ignore it and set it do the side.

That said he's a human being and I can also understand some of his points.

Now I would never call him perfect salt he might be one of them overly emotional people and if in that case he should only compete and NEVER stream.

Horseress

As a hardcore competitor PL should just do whatever is better for him to stay on top, and streaming can't help him on that. And this hate towards Justin and Max is just pathetic....I mean, he's just a player, he's not an entertainer like the other guys. He should not expect that many viewers.

You guys should be glad we aren't in the phase of fighting game streaming where a girl with revealing clothes gets more stream views than most "pro" players. These players would get so salty over that, hell there's already salt in games where that happens.

Justin hosted on his twitch channel a girl doing just that like a week ago, playing MK X

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";163087186]Perfect Legend 216 videos
Maximilian Dood 2,665 videos
DSPGaming 34,129 videos

dat community building[/QUOTE]

Aren't 95% of all of DSP videos 10 minutes long?

MormaPope

Banned
Justin is charismatic enough to be entertaining personality while also being one of the best players in the world. Max is really energetic and comes of as extremely genuine.

Getting salty and resentful over these dudes having decent stream communities is petty.

Top Bottom