• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I sent a message to mom from work "Xmas Melty is up for preorder, gogogo", she replied "I'm going to kill you, stop tempting me!".

5 mins later she called to verify if her credit card details were already registered on HobbySearch's website because she was ordering.

I...I feel like a drug dealer..
Can I mention how great your mom is? Seriously.

Keep encouraging her! You're doing the wrong right thing!

cajunator

Banned
I sent a message to mom from work "Xmas Melty is up for preorder, gogogo", she replied "I'm going to kill you, stop tempting me!".

5 mins later she called to verify if her credit card details were already registered on HobbySearch's website because she was ordering.

I...I feel like a drug dealer..

Ive decided to get the christmas one. Its probably in higher demand, I love the colors and look, and the original one will probably be alot easier to find. Im hedging my bets on that.

Jinaar

http://www.bambalandstore.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

0000redh-2.jpg

$220 for either red or blue TF2 Heavy robot or $400 for the pair. Got the blue one personnally.

RocBase

Oh christ, Levi went FAST on amiami.

And here I was about to be naive and ask about how to get the "cleaner" version instead.

ikr jesus
I managed to secure a copy on HLJ only because I was too tired and not motivated enough to stay up and deal with Amiami.

Hopefully Nippon-Yasan will have the cleaner version in stock, but it's not yet listed (nor is the regular version for that matter).

Welp here comes another Kai to screw up a Play Arts that was fine the first time.
Just look at that paintjob, quality issues incoming.

The original was perfectly fine.

WTF! Just saw these tonight
Ok I can understand Halo was a great fit for Mega Bloks, but this seems a little weird.
Halo had a sci-fi cover these are just pure kids figures from a M rated game.
I might pick up the SEAL set though lol, they actually look nice quality

I wish Square Enix made more Static Arts figures. Their Sora one is quite nice.
I wish they would just abandon Kai,
no scale at all, crazy textures and paint jobs that easily gets destroyed in production.
I love the heck out of my originals though.
original Squall is still one of my favorite figures.

ikr jesus
I managed to secure a copy on HLJ only because I was too tired and not motivated enough to stay up and deal with Amiami.

Hopefully Nippon-Yasan will have the cleaner version in stock, but it's not yet listed (nor is the regular version for that matter).

I hope eren and jean (if made) wont go as fast. I wonder what the chances of a connie figure will be :(

Well, I caved and double dipped on Melty. I think the red shows the clothing detail better than the black, although both are lovely. I chose EMS as well, because on off the chance that she actually releases in December, I can use her as a decoration :p The box might end up an EMS beast anyway if we're unlucky.

-----------------

Unboxed a couple more figures today:

GSC's Oshino Shinobu

gsc-shinobu-web-00o9ui8.jpg

Not much to say here. One of the most adorable things in existence probably, and I'm glad I own her. The base featuring elements of the other characters from Bake is a nice touch.

Alter's Saber Dress Code

saber-dress-code-web-nzocx.jpg

Alter delivers. Large box, large figure(1/7 but 27cm). Practically flawless. This is my 7th(count 'em!) Saber figure and they still manage to come out with unique and worthwhile versions of her. I'll never be able to quit at this rate, but rather than complain about that, I'll say that I'm glad I like a character that's popular enough to have so many great sculptors take them on. I might even complain less when SAO gets a zillion figures I wish were something else.

Pachimari

Isn't the Tekken Bishoujo Ling Xiaoyu figure supposed to come out this month? Or was that only Japan? So it'll probably turn up on Amazon in November?

So a good number of the people buying her aren't even fans of the character or source? is this common for figure buyers? The figure must be very pretty or come with a lot of extras...

Most of Figure GAF/collectors buys figures that look good lol, I buy from series I know, it keeps my spending in line, sort of...lol XD And Momohime is a very good quality figure plus Muramasa is a beautiful but slightly tedious game XD

RocBase

So a good number of the people buying her aren't even fans of the character or source? is this common for figure buyers? The figure must be very pretty or come with a lot of extras...

Don't know if it's common, but I've seen a lot of aversion for people who do this on figure collecting sites, something which I've never really understood. As if having an emotional attachment to the character is almost as necessary as forking out the money to own it. It's really weird, and under that logic there'd be no point in making original character figures at all.

I myself buy figures without really being familiar of the source almost all the time for the anime ones. Figures to me are like plants, beautiful decorations that don't die!

I hope eren and jean (if made) wont go as fast. I wonder what the chances of a connie figure will be :(

Well....we can always pray to up the chances by 0.01 percent!
It probably won't even be until a good while seeing as how everyone is too busy milking Mikasa, Eren and Levi.

kewlmyc

Don't know if it's common, but I've seen a lot of aversion for people who do this on figure collecting sites, something which I've never really understood. As if having an emotional attachment to the character is almost as necessary as forking out the money to own it. It's really weird, and under that logic there'd be no point in making original character figures at all.

I myself buy figures without really being familiar of the source almost all the time for the anime ones. Figures to me are like plants, beautiful decorations that don't die!

So you treat figures like Momohime like art? That's understandable. Kinda sucks for actual fans, but that's life I suppose.

cajunator

Banned

The figurine is GORGEOUS.
Also she comes with some additional parts that allow you to have her sword in or out of the scabbard.

RMI

Banned
So you treat figures like Momohime like art? That's understandable. Kinda sucks for actual fans, but that's life I suppose.

I don't know, the "actual fans" have just as much chance to buy these things as everyone else. I'm a big fan of Muramasa and I regret not pre-ordering the figure when I had the chance, but that I had a hard time getting it after the fact is nobody's fault but my own.

kewlmyc

I don't know, the "actual fans" have just as much chance to buy these things as everyone else. I'm a big fan of Muramasa and I regret not pre-ordering the figure when I had the chance, but that I had a hard time getting it after the fact is nobody's fault but my own.

True, it's my fault that I waited until now to get into the figure buying game. I'll stop bitching now.

I dont see why not, been tempted to get prince of tennis figures or even dmmd even if i dont know the characters names or even in the fandom. They look so pretty. Great character designs.

RMI

Banned
True, it's my fault that I waited until now to get into the figure buying game. I'll stop bitching now.

yeah i didn't get into it until she was all gone also, and it cost me. It's going to cost me again when I finally get the artworks AIgis I been waiting for. Got a fig in stock alert last night around 2am for one but it was B/B, and I'm not dropping $100+shipping on a B, regardless of how good people's experience with pre-owned stuff from amiami has been.

yeah i didn't get into it until she was all gone also, and it cost me. It's going to cost me again when I finally get the artworks AIgis I been waiting for. Got a fig in stock alert last night around 2am for one but it was B/B, and I'm not dropping $100+shipping on a B, regardless of how good people's experience with pre-owned stuff from amiami has been.

They had an A/B a few weeks ago. I was so close to ordering her, but I have enough stuff coming. She's a nice figure, certainly.

RMI

Banned
I know! I remember, but I was being responsible then. I'm ready to be irresponsible again since my budget for this month worked out great.

Bombless

The figurine is GORGEOUS.
Also she comes with some additional parts that allow you to have her sword in or out of the scabbard.

I display mine mid sword-draw! Love the fact you can tailor her pose somewhat.

8UdIlSGl.jpg

I say this (maybe too) often but this is the figure that started me down this path. And then this thread kicked me over the edge and down this bottomless pit :p

All words I agree with.

OMG, you have Shinobu!? I hate you. Hate. Yooooooooooou.

I probably shouldn't mention that I have more than one of her then :p At least Alter and Koto are giving people options soon. Not quite the same thing, but GSC have their Kiss-shot figure to paint and release at some point as well. I have to assume they're holding that back to release with the Kizumonogatari movie, so let's hope Shaft remember to make that before long.

kewlmyc

I display mine mid sword-draw! Love the fact you can tailor her pose somewhat.

8UdIlSGl.jpg

I say this (maybe too) often but this is the figure that started me down this path. And then this thread kicked me over the edge and down this bottomless pit :p

Words can't express how jelly I am.

Hopefully I can find one that isn't over $100.

gokieks

It's definitely my favorite Alter figure. I absolutely love Muramasa (I have now bought it 3 times), and so ordered it as soon as it became available.

I should take a picture of it. In fact, this might be a good use for the light box that I've been pushing off building but might finally get around to this weekend...

So if one were going to dream big, and want to get their hands on the 'cleaner' version of Levi, where would you'd expect it to pop up?

Or did it already come and go?

chrono01

So if one were going to dream big, and want to get their hands on the 'cleaner' version of Levi, where would you'd expect it to pop up?

Or did it already come and go?
Since it's exclusive you'll need to purchase him via a proxy, so BIJ/N-Y/etc.

Neither store has him yet and, considering how difficult he is to obtain even in Japan, I don't think they'll manage to get him at all. Keep checking those sites to be safe, but you'll likely have to pre-order him within minutes of going up before he sells out.

Personally, as much as I like the series, I'm waiting to see what Kotobukiya's version looks like, or whether GSC will pick him up [or, preferably Alter]. I don't really trust Sentinel's quality. :(

gokieks

What does this whole B/B, A/B stuff mean? Figure quality?

Condition of item / condition of packaging. Graded on a Japanese standard, which is MUCH more strict than you probably would expect. I generally would be comfortable buying anything with a B+ condition on the figure itself (I don't really care about the box).

I probably shouldn't mention that I have more than one of her then :p At least Alter and Koto are giving people options soon. Not quite the same thing, but GSC have their Kiss-shot figure to paint and release at some point as well. I have to assume they're holding that back to release with the Kizumonogatari movie, so let's hope Shaft remember to make that before long.

:(

I haven't seen the Alter version (at least I don't remember it), but I really like Koto's sculpt. They even stayed with the donut theme.

:(

I haven't seen the Alter version (at least I don't remember it), but I really like Koto's sculpt. They even stayed with the donut theme.

Alter have only shown a picture so far.

Painted Wonder Woman (Armored) bishoujo from Plastikitty, but fuck me if I can figure out how to post images from there...

You have to open them in a separate tab and get the link from there if you want to post them elsewhere. God damn is the quality bad on these though. Here's a couple:

734084_725410030808729_118744918_n.jpg

1380407_725409884142077_687380331_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom