• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great. They've got their A team working on DC, it seems. Gives me hope that Black Canary will turn out good too.

Yeah, at first glance, I thought the face was a little odd. But it definitely does look a lot better than the first one. I think on the original, they either made her face too small, or the circlet on her head too big. This has just the right balance. But I'm disappointed they got rid of the invisible jet base. If they really did, or it's just not in the pic, I don't know.

As for Black Canary, where is she? Her art came out before Armored WW's, and still no sign of her. No sculpt, or anything.

Edit: MFC got them pics.

150618.jpg
thedante901380306833.jpeg
thedante901380306795.jpeg

Nice figures. I've come close to buying both of them, at various times, but managed to resist (so far). They look great.

That Saber is the best one, imo... just beautiful.

Wait... how much did you "almost pay" for Shinobu? Because holy shit, N-Y is trying to sell her for like, $245. If she's out there somewhere cheaper, I'm curious to know where.

Not that I'm going to pay an inflated price anyway. Kotobukiya's Shinobu sculpt looks pretty ace.

The ww bish looks amazing. Her face came out so well. I don't want to buy it though. I sold my x23 and ww this past summer because I wanted to get out collecting small scale statues/figures (ironically i ended up getting back into that scale). I just don't want to get her because ill feel worse for selling ww in the first place.

I'm in the wrong thread. Just hanging out here will probably get me to pre order her.

The funny thing about bootlegs is that if YOU can't tell, then it's just as good as the real thing!

Unless you end up reselling it down the line, or feel cheated out of your money because you're paying as much as if it were the real thing.

If there were ways to find 90% good-ish versions of several figures I'm on the cusp of buying, at a discounted bootleg price, I would probably jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat.

johnsmith

remember me
Hi guys , I am kinda noob regarding figures , I read the first post and saw that there are some "bootlegs" out there , can experts give me an opinion about this item ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350883674902&ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:US:1123

Is it the same as this?
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1235794.html

If it is, buy it off mandarake and save yourself $100 and the worry of the possibility that it's a bootleg.

Plus he's listed in the bootleg sellers thread on MFC.
http://myfigurecollection.net/club/139/discussions/&did=3636

I'd say avoid. That's way too much money to spend when you're not 100% sure from a known bootleg seller.

johnsmith

remember me
Megahouse's Chie. . . really tempted to just not pay for this. Though the more neutral face isn't too bad, the hair looks terrible. The taito prize figure looks better than this, and cost a fraction of the price.

RQmyT0y.jpg

sIyMyHY.jpg

Xu7iMwE.jpg

sca2511

Megahouse's Chie. . . really tempted to just not pay for this. Though the more neutral face isn't too bad, the hair looks terrible. The taito prize figure looks better than this, and cost a fraction of the price.

Hoping it looks better in person. Already pre-ordered through dv8, might as well wait for it.

Dragoshi1

Damn it, while I was at the movies, the mail man came and went with my Charizard. Scheduled a redelivery for Monday, but DANG, I only ordered it a few days ago, EMS is pretty fast!

Bombless

Wow. I kept thinking the hair somehow ended up lower res than the rest of the picture. In every single one of them :(

Damn it, while I was at the movies, the mail man came and went with my Charizard. Scheduled a redelivery for Monday, but DANG, I only ordered it a few days ago, EMS is pretty fast!

...in the US maybe :( Never had a EMS package land in less than 10-15 days. Thanks EU customs bullshit :(

I just picked up my Alter Black Hanekawa from the post office. So glad I got an order in for her just under the wire before she sold out. Got her from Hobbysearch, then got raped with EMS shipping, so she came to like, $115 total. But she's worth it. She's bigger than I thought, with the pose, and the hair and everything.

I don't even want to know how much you're going to pay for that. I think I'm staying away from Megahouse.

...in the US maybe :( Never had a EMS package land in less than 10-15 days. Thanks EU customs bullshit :(

At least the U.S. is good for something.

Akira/Rei Yamamoto came in... and it looks decent enough IMO:

She doesn't look as good as the promo shots MH was pimping everywhere. But I like the character design, I'm just not prepared to pay what they're asking for her. Also like the base. Better than the shitty, flat plastic bases Megahouse used to make years ago. My Megahouse Clare (Claymore) has a shitty base that makes her lean if she doesn't have the sword drawn and touching the ground for support.

Toki767

I missed the delivery for my Momohime and now I have to wait till Monday to pick it up. Weekend is ruined.

I think I'll start Sword Art Online this weekend and see how I feel about the Asuna figures after.

SUPARSTARX

My pre-order list has been relieved until December flexpay and then it's just a few small things.

MH shanks, whitebeard, and gol d. Roger all paid for!

Phewww

And that MH Chie looks bad.

I missed the delivery for my Momohime and now I have to wait till Monday to pick it up. Weekend is ruined.

Someone's being dramatic. It's just bad timing. I've missed Saturday EMS deliveries before. Life goes on.

I think I'll start Sword Art Online this weekend and see how I feel about the Asuna figures after.

I got through the first five episodes, then lost interest. Might go back to it. But once Kill La Kill starts, that's where my attention is going to be.

chrono01

That Chie looks like an alien [sorry to those that have her ordered]. Her face is virtually flat and her nose is far too down on her face. Ouch. -_-

By the way, HLJ has some more Bayonetta for pre-order in-case people are interested that missed out on her earlier. She's slightly more expensive there compared to other stores [around $10 or so], but it's not too bad.

http://www.hlj.com/product/pht57426/Fig

Even with my October packed, and my "promise" not to pre-order any more figures this year, I had to take the plunge. I mean, it's Bayonetta! Who could I not!?

HLJ has had Bayonetta up again for at least a week. I almost ordered her, but I'm really not in love with the pose. And now that she's had a redesign for the upcoming Bayonetta 2, it feels a bit outdated.

chrono01

HLJ has had Bayonetta up again for at least a week. I almost ordered her, but I'm really not in love with the pose. And now that she's had a redesign for the upcoming Bayonetta 2, it feels a bit outdated.
Despite her redesign, it doesn't mean this version won't be worth owning. You could always purchase the short-haired version [if one is ever made] to compliment the original!

Honestly, I'm just afraid that this will be the only Bayonetta figure we'll ever get. Kotobukiya's version was cancelled and Arcadia's has been in development FOREVER! ~_~

This might be the only figure of her to ever be released. It's a shame too as she's a great character.

Oh dear Chie. I would be very tempted to bail on the payment for that.

Nice figures. I've come close to buying both of them, at various times, but managed to resist (so far). They look great.

That Saber is the best one, imo... just beautiful.

Yeah I agree. Saber was kind of a last minute buy for me. I bought from the leftover stock from cancellations on release day. I'm glad I did, and since Alter are usually married to 1/8 scale, it's nice when they do something larger.

That Chie looks like an alien [sorry to those that have her ordered]. Her face is virtually flat and her nose is far too down on her face. Ouch. -_-

By the way, HLJ has some more Bayonetta for pre-order in-case people are interested that missed out on her earlier. She's slightly more expensive there compared to other stores [around $10 or so], but it's not too bad.

http://www.hlj.com/product/pht57426/Fig

Even with my October packed, and my "promise" not to pre-order any more figures this year, I had to take the plunge. I mean, it's Bayonetta! Who could I not!?

I ended up cancelling Bayonetta after the delays started to annoy me and I became concerned about the quality. It would be a lie if I said I didn't still want it though. Like you say, it's Bayonetta man. I have the Adam Hughes print of her framed on my wall.

It doesn't look like the sculpt by Yoshizawa Mitsumasa is ever getting painted and released either, so it's this or the crazy expensive Volks GK.

chrono01

She's an awesome character, and I loved the game. But if I order her, someone is getting sacrificed. Like Daisy. And Melty.

I mean it.
I do not envy your decision. All three will be fine figures. :(

No one said being a figure collector was easy!

I ended up cancelling Bayonetta after the delays started to annoy me and I became concerned about the quality. It would be a lie if I said I didn't still want it though. Like you say, it's Bayonetta man. I have the Adam Hughes print of her framed on my wall.

It doesn't look like the sculpt by Yoshizawa Mitsumasa is ever getting painted and released either, so it's this or the crazy expensive Volks GK.
She's definitely had a troubled history regarding delays. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with it, since I only now pre-ordered her, but I'm kind of expecting her October release to be delayed again. But I mean, that can't happen...right? Such a thing would be impossible!

Yeah Arcadia's version was [and still is] the version I truly want. However, with no update for the last several months [as well as being unveiled over 2 years ago] and Bayonetta 2 on the horizon, I can't see them releasing it. I hope they do [maybe add a few tweaks to her and release her as the Bayonetta 2 version] but I'm definitely not expecting it. :(

By the way I just saw your previous post regarding your new additions. Excellent choices! Shinobu is adorable and that Saber looks amazing. I actually have that one for myself but she's currently in a combined order from AmiAmi, and thus, hasn't been shipped out yet. I'm really loving the user pictures of her, though. Alter does it again!

I do not envy your decision. All three will be fine figures. :(

No one said being a figure collector was easy!

It's not really a decision I need to think about. Like I said, I'm not really crazy about the Bayonetta figure. And $120 is a bit pricey for a 1/7. I'm not going to settle on it because it may be the only Bayonetta figure we get. Though I really would have liked to see Koto's version.

chrono01

It's not really a decision I need to think about. Like I said, I'm not really crazy about the Bayonetta figure. And $120 is a bit pricey for a 1/7. I'm not going to settle on it because it may be the only Bayonetta figure we get. Though I really would have liked to see Koto's version.
/nod. Fair enough, you have explained your reasoning well and I fully understand.

I would have liked to see Kotobukiya's version too. I was heart-broken when I read that she was [officially] cancelled. Maybe Arcadia, though? Maybe?

...No, probably not. She's gone far too long without an update.

/nod. Fair enough, you have explained your reasoning well and I fully understand. would have liked to see Kotobukiya's version too. I was heart-broken when I read that she was [officially] cancelled.

Yeah, especially because (as I've probably said a dozen times by now) Koto has really been stepping up their game lately. A Koto Bayonetta would have been an easy buy.

As for Daisy, I pretty much need her. I have that 1/6 Asuka from Koto, and I don't like mixing scales on detolf shelves. So I've got Momo and Daisy coming to rectify that. Daisy seems to be the only other 1/6 that isn't either months away, or ridiculously priced.

Yeah, especially because (as I've probably said a dozen times by now) Koto has really been stepping up their game lately. A Koto Bayonetta would have been an easy buy.

As for Daisy, I pretty much need her. I have that 1/6 Asuka from Koto, and I don't like mixing scales on detolf shelves. So I've got Momo and Daisy coming to rectify that. Daisy seems to be the only other 1/6 that isn't either months away, or ridiculously priced.
Haha. I actually thought it was 1/7 when I was ordering it.

Okay, I need to ask a question. The Alter re-release of Dizzy coming in November... Is that the horrid recolor? Or is that going to get its own listing?

chrono01

Okay, I need to ask a question. The Alter re-release of Dizzy coming in November... Is that the horrid recolor? Or is that going to get its own listing?
Nope, that's the a re-release of the original release.

The re-color doesn't yet have a release date and will definitely get its own listing.

Nope, that's the a re-release of the original release.

The re-color doesn't yet have a release date and will definitely get its own listing.

Shit. I never picked up Dizzy. But she comes out in November, and I already have the new Psylocke bishoujo and Momo... If I add one more it's either Dizzy or Melty.

Decisions, decisions. How big is Dizzy? I mean, how much space does she take up on a detolf shelf? Because I really want Melty.

Edit: Ordered Melty from AmiAmi. I had her ordered from HLJ because my only order next month is Kabuto from HLJ. But then Melty got pushed to November, where I have 0 HLJ orders and 2 figures coming from AmiAmi. So I just ordered her there.

FoxDie

Thanks for your help GAF members ^_^

Is it the same as this?
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1235794.html

If it is, buy it off mandarake and save yourself $100 and the worry of the possibility that it's a bootleg.

Plus he's listed in the bootleg sellers thread on MFC.
http://myfigurecollection.net/club/139/discussions/&did=3636

I'd say avoid. That's way too much money to spend when you're not 100% sure from a known bootleg seller.

it was an older version with no much difference , I ordered it but it was out of stock :(
Anyways i caught one on JUNGLE Hobby shop , It was a catch cause i searched it last week without any result , the price was less than the Ebay seller and i feel more confident ordering from them , Now i am waiting for it to arrive ... Thank you very much I always dreamed about getting this figure :)

chrono01

Shit. I never picked up Dizzy. But she comes out in November, and I already have the new Psylocke bishoujo and Momo... If I add one more it's either Dizzy or Melty.

Decisions, decisions. How big is Dizzy? I mean, how much space does she take up on a detolf shelf? Because I really want Melty.

Edit: Ordered Melty from AmiAmi. I had her ordered from HLJ because my only order next month is Kabuto from HLJ. But then Melty got pushed to November, where I have 0 HLJ orders and 2 figures coming from AmiAmi. So I just ordered her there.
Dizzy is a decent size, but what really adds to her span are the devil/angel summons. They stretch out sideways quite a bit, but they're extremely impressive. The sculpt of her on a whole is amazing.

Honestly, if I had to recommend one I'd say switch out Melty [if you absolutely need to] and order Dizzy. As I mentioned before she's one of my top five figures of all time. I love everything about her and, assuming Alter does the same QC with the re-release as the former one [which I'm sure they will], the same will apply here.

I'm also crazy-excited for Melty, but I really can't see her beating Dizzy.

Edit - Oh, I see you've already made up your mind and ordered Melty from AmiAmi? Either way I'm sure you'll be happy, but I just can't say enough good things about Dizzy.

RMI

Banned
Damn chrono, you're making me want to order dizzy, but no can do. My November is really tight as it is going into the holidays. Beautiful looking figure though.

Bombless

I was going to buy the Detolfs this week then I realised London Comicon is in about 3 weeks. Gotta keep that money for the con shops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom