• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

HLJ has had Bayonetta up again for at least a week. I almost ordered her, but I'm really not in love with the pose. And now that she's had a redesign for the upcoming Bayonetta 2, it feels a bit outdated.
That beehive do > life itself.

The short hair looks alright but the beehive fit the over the top nature of the game so well.

Edit - Oh, I see you've already made up your mind and ordered Melty from AmiAmi? Either way I'm sure you'll be happy, but I just can't say enough good things about Dizzy.

Yeah, I know. But different strokes for different folks and all that. Everyone is going to have different priorities as far as what figures they like. Personally, as nice of a figure as Dizzy is, I can live without it. I think it comes down to me playing so much Guilty Gear way back when that I'm honestly tired of looking at her.

Bombless

Man, I saw this and thought it was awesome, then I took a look at the promo pictures...What the eff?

10228526a12.jpg

Such a shame, the figure itself was nice and the bike is amazing...There is a recolor but I find it ugly and I really don't want to throw that much money and risk it be just as bad.

chrono01

Damn chrono, you're making me want to order dizzy, but no can do. My November is really tight as it is going into the holidays. Beautiful looking figure though.
What am I if not an enabler?

DO IT!

Here are some reviews of her [my condolences to your wallet]:

http://plasticparfait.com/2011/05/08/review-dizzy-from-guilty-gear-xx-λ-core-by-alter/
http://www.otakumouse.com/figures/review-alter-dizzy/11855/
http://www.plastikitty.com/home/plastikitty-review-alters-18-dizzy

Yeah, I know. But different strokes for different folks and all that. Everyone is going to have different priorities as far as what figures they like. Personally, as nice of a figure as Dizzy is, I can live without it. I think it comes down to me playing so much Guilty Gear way back when that I'm honestly tired of looking at her.
Understandable. :)

As I said, either choice you go with you really can't lose. Both will/are be amazing.

Man, I saw this and thought it was awesome, then I took a look at the promo pictures...What the eff?

Such a shame, the figure itself was nice and the bike is amazing...There is a recolor but I find it ugly and I really don't want to throw that much money and risk it be just as bad.

That crotch thing is actually a chamois and is present in real life riding shorts/bibs, They're usually not too noticeable in black, but they are generally that bulky. The ones I have (I do a lot of road riding) make me look like I'm wearing a diaper sometimes.

I wouldn't let it bother you; for once the sculptor isn't trying to sexy-fy or fetishize anything.

LiK

Megahouse's Chie. . . really tempted to just not pay for this. Though the more neutral face isn't too bad, the hair looks terrible. The taito prize figure looks better than this, and cost a fraction of the price.

RQmyT0y.jpg

sIyMyHY.jpg

Xu7iMwE.jpg

that sculpt looks like playdough.

Bombless

That crotch thing is actually a chamois and is present in real life riding shorts/bibs, They're usually not too noticeable in black, but they are generally that bulky. The ones I have (I do a lot of road riding) make me look like I'm wearing a diaper sometimes.

I wouldn't let it bother you; for once the sculptor isn't trying to sexy-fy or fetishize anything.

I was referring to the horrid paintjob on the legs actually, not the crotch ;)
Here's another image with the same lines between the blue and white.

Ah, I see now. A shame as I like that figure. Depending on mood, I might grab it as I can forgive a few imperfections is the overall concept is solid.

So after returning my PAX due to it having shoddier build quality than I expected(in multiple areas) and having the shelfs bending down from just a couple PFs and 1/6s I decided to take it apart and return it. IKEA is really good at excepting returns thankfully. I've decided to go the route of building a custom cabinet instead. It'll cost more but hopefully look nice.

Unfortunately the borders of the cabinet door's I'm going to add are 3 inches around, so it will look weird if I put my 1/7, and 1/8 stuff in the shelf case. I think down the line I will need to just nail a shelf to the wall above my computer table.. Anyone have any experience with this? I know many of you use detolfs but I won't have any floor space in my room for any standing-type of bookcase/detolf.

Paintjob?.... it's like someone just did one light coat of paint for her legs and left it at that lol.

Just noticed plastikitty's posting of Levi and the shots in their article looked nice so I finally decided to order it. Didn't realize it sold out so quick. I should have been quicker on my feet but I guess it's better to be safe rather than sorry because the product shots on amiami didn't really look to hot. Should have automatically assumed he would illicit such a response at such a low price point. Ah well. Guess I have to wait for a re-release

Just noticed plastikitty's posting of Levi and the shots in their article looked nice so I finally decided to order it. Didn't realize it sold out so quick. I should have been quicker on my feet but I guess it's better to be safe rather than sorry because the product shots on amiami didn't really look to hot. Should have automatically assumed he would illicit such a response at such a low price point. Ah well. Guess I have to wait for a re-release

Supposedly the Levi isn't even being made to order, so that's why it went so fast. Honestly, it's not a spot-on likeness of him, so I'll be waiting for one that is. Personally, I'm looking forward to scaled Mikasa and figma Colossal Titan.

Supposedly the Levi isn't even being made to order, so that's why it went so fast. Honestly, it's not a spot-on likeness of him, so I'll be waiting for one that is. Personally, I'm looking forward to scaled Mikasa and figma Colossal Titan.
I agree about the lack of likeness, His eyes look too... kind. On the bright side, since it's such a hot property, over the next year or two we should see a ton of figures based on Levi anyways so I'm not too concerned about missing him. Now a scaled Mikasa is something I can look forward too. A Figma Female Titan would be awesome too! If it was in scale with the current Mikasa I would shit myself.

A Figma Female Titan would be awesome too! If it was in scale with the current Mikasa I would shit myself.

Yeah, that won't ever happen. Or if it does, it'll be like, 40k JPY. I'd be down for a female titan figure, for sure. But they would have to tone it down to like, 1/144 or something to make it affordable.

The scaled figures I want are Mikasa, Eren, Levi, and Annie.

RMI

Banned
Augh, waited too long on that figure!

I'm having bad luck between her and Levi. Time to put an alert in figinstock and set my phone's e-mail alert to a loud enough volume to wake me up.

Rafa you can't hotlink MFC. The pic doesn't work.

Augh, waited too long on that figure!

I'm having bad luck between her and Levi. Time to put an alert in figinstock and set my phone's e-mail alert to a loud enough volume to wake me up.

Even in such an unjust world, this kind of dedication will surely be rewarded.

Rafa you can't hotlink MFC. The pic doesn't work.

Even in such an unjust world, this kind of dedication will surely be rewarded.
Thanks brah. They are Figuarts for Urouge, Apoo and Capone from One Piece. The others in their group have been released but I cant find release date.s

And screw US customs, Ryoma and Lucy have been chilling in Chicago for three days.

Dragoshi1

Got my Charizard, whoop whoop.

Rian478.png

Some of his joints seem stiff, but I assume it's because I haven't played with him enough yet. Big as hell box for such a little guy, though.

Now to track down Blastoise, Venusaur, and Mewtwo!

Bah. I'd wait for a Levi that's A) Made by a well-known company, and B) Doesn't look like a heroin addict. Also my Zero Suit Samus, Karen Araragi and A/B Squid Girl showed up today. Hooray!

I think it's also worth mentioning that given the most recent Megahouse disasters, I'm pretty concerned about how the Dragon's Crown figures are going to turn out.

Thanks brah. They are Figuarts for Urouge, Apoo and Capone from One Piece. The others in their group have been released but I cant find release date.s

And screw US customs, Ryoma and Lucy have been chilling in Chicago for three days.

I wish I could help, but I don't follow the Figuarts line really. If they still follow the prototype, official pics, pre-order cadence, you'll have to wait 'til they get that treatment. MFC usually gets updated pretty fast when there's new pics/info, so you could subscribe to the item listings on there.

Bah. I'd wait for a Levi that's A) Made by a well-known company, and B) Doesn't look like a heroin addict. Also my Zero Suit Samus, Karen Araragi and A/B Squid Girl showed up today. Hooray!

I think it's also worth mentioning that given the most recent Megahouse disasters, I'm pretty concerned about how the Dragon's Crown figures are going to turn out.

Megahouse has become a wait for pics of the retail version company, for me. It sucks, because they have that Utena figure announced and I can't see anybody else making one at this point.

Edit: Chie is 12k opened on Mandarake. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1412054.html. I forget the pre-order price, but still, lol.

LiK

Megahouse used to be pretty excellent across the board for me. Maybe they lost some talent. That Chie that was posted looks horrid. The P4U prize figure had a better face sculpt.

cat lap came in today and im pretty happy (actually really happy) with it. Got it on mandarake so I didn't have to deal with the plastic between parts issue.

Megahouse has become a wait for pics of the retail version company, for me. It sucks, because they have that Utena figure announced and I can't see anybody else making one at this point.

This x1000. I was so psyched for a Utena figure. Now if it looks decent, I may just order from HLJ anyway. Just in case.

Jayhawk

This eBay purchase of the e2046 bootleg version arrived today.
eb47ee7b422e2e1161d1917099bf54a2_4.jpg

I can't wait to assemble her together when I finally renovate my display room next month.

kewlmyc

Taito keeps hitting them out of the park with these P4U prize figures.
Only 1,780 shipped for Elizabeth!

Any idea if it'll ever be back in stock?

EDIT: Nevermind, found her for sale on HobbyLink Japan. Chose Private Warehouse. Hope that was the right decision.

This eBay purchase of the e2046 bootleg version arrived today.

I can't wait to assemble her together when I finally renovate my display room next month.

So cool. What series is she from?

Edit: Ah, Walkure Romanze. You gonna watch the anime? Hopefully this will lead to some decent figures, instead of that silly bikini/armor outift the 1/6 figure has.

Jayhawk

So cool. What series is she from?

Edit: Ah, Walkure Romanze. You gonna watch the anime? Hopefully this will lead to some decent figures, instead of that silly bikini/armor outift the 1/6 figure has.

I tried the game already. I will probably check out the anime.

Holy hell, where did you order it from? List price is 4.2k JPY.
It's with shipping, I always choose EMS and that alone was $29. CDJapan was the only site I frequent that still had it in stock, so I had to buy it from there. Beggars can't be choosers, I suppose!

EDIT: Unless there's a cheaper option for shipping that's still reliable? I'm still kinda new to importing, honestly. I used Air Mail once and didn't have a very good experience with that...

Still, I only choose EMS shipping if I have to, or if I have like, three figures shipping at once. I would never use it for one Nendo.

SAL is fine. If you want something a bit faster, Air Small Packet is less expensive than EMS, but still pretty speedy. There's a more elaborate description of shipping methods in the OP.

Toki767

Picked up my Momohime today. It looks gorgeous. Also the box didn't look to be damaged at all even though Amiami rated it a C. It's really strange. I need to figure out what this extra piece of her outfit is.

Picked up my Momohime today. It looks gorgeous. Also the box didn't look to be damaged at all even though Amiami rated it a C. It's really strange. I need to figure out what this extra piece of her outfit is.

its for the alternative display. The one she has on can't have the one where the sword is out due to the cloth getting in the way.

Still, I only choose EMS shipping if I have to, or if I have like, three figures shipping at once. I would never use it for one Nendo.

SAL is fine. If you want something a bit faster, Air Small Packet is less expensive than EMS, but still pretty speedy. There's a more elaborate description of shipping methods in the OP.
Thanks! I'll read the OP when I can, then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom