• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Waiting for Raven hasn't been too bad, just hope he makes this date...

Pre-ordered the S.H.Monsterarts Alien and Wolf figures, hope they live up to the hype. Is Bandai better with expected release dates?

at the same time there are people who cancel a few things (3-4) and have had an account ban. It really depends on the mood of the person and especially if it was a pre-owned.

Pre-owned are more likely to get banned while PO aren't, but they are all risk. Basically, commit to your orders.

I think most people in Figure GAF is safe with several cancellation, with the amount of
Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

That we've done on Amiami XD

Aytrial

I've cancelled orders a few times with AmiAmi and have received no warnings. Though to be fair, I bring a lot of business to them!

LiK

I've cancelled orders a few times with AmiAmi and have received no warnings. Though to be fair, I bring a lot of business to them!

They probably check the order history and see if the customer is legit or another canceling asshole.

Almost bought a pre-owned A/B Max Factory Etna for 6400 JPY. But then my phone's net connection cut out as I was about to login and order. I'm taking it for what it probably was... The universe saying "15 pre-orders is enough".

Almost bought a pre-owned A/B Max Factory Etna for 6400 JPY. But then my phone's net connection cut out as I was about to login and order. I'm taking it for what it probably was... The universe saying "15 pre-orders is enough".

She's got a strange looking face up close, so you probably dodged a bullet there. I hope that someone makes a really nice Etna one day, I'm personally not a fan of any of the existing figures.

She's got a strange looking face up close, so you probably dodged a bullet there. I hope that someone makes a really nice Etna one day, I'm personally not a fan of any of the existing figures.

Good to know. She was easily the best looking Etna figure I've seen, but I don't think I've been very compelled to buy any of them. Maybe with D2 coming out, it'll spur on figure makers to put out new Etna and Flonne figures.

chrono01

Seems like a lot of the amazing stuff is.

I did cave on the Max Factory Etna, though. I know I won't find her for under $100 ever again.
That's very true. :(

Congrats on the purchase, though. I wouldn't mind purchasing her for a decent price either. While he face might look a bit off, she's still a great figure [from what I can see]. I'm sure you'll be happy with her.

I think most people in Figure GAF is safe with several cancellation, with the amount of
Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

That we've done on Amiami XD
Yeah, haha.

I rarely cancel, but if I do they're usually pretty great about it. But then, I spend on average $500 a month with them [and pay within a day of receiving the invoice] so I'm not so sure they would want to ban me out-right.

Jayhawk

Since I am a regular poster in this thread, I figured I could use this opportunity to plug a charity event I will be participating in...

If anybody is interested in a chance at winning a Kotobukiya bishoujo female Shepard, a plush Zergling/Baneling exclusive from this year's SDCC, or a set of PC game download codes, I am raffling off these prizes to people who donate to my team participating in Extra Life 2013, where all proceeds go towards the Children's Miracle Network of hospitals. For more information and a link to donate, please visit http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=55121 . Sorry if this is considered spam. :(

My Shaak TI arrived last month. I think she came out great. The only downside is I'm still waiting for my cabinet to be built so I can display my figures better

Just for a sense of scale on how big these premium format figures are. I was looking for more info on Red Sonja and came to the conclusion that I literally have no room for her in my life.

1ggLhRE.png

Just for a sense of scale on how big these premium format figures are. I was looking for more info on Red Sonja and came to the conclusion that I literally have no room for her in my life.

1ggLhRE.png

My issue is displaying them as well. It's lame displaying statues on a table. It works with small figs if they are a lot smaller than your monitor but it looks bad when it's taller than everything on your table. The big benefit of small figures is it's easier to get display cases/shelves because there is so much selection

george_us

My Velvet figure came today...

itsbeautiful.jpg

Totally worth the $150. Thing is insanely detailed and taller than I thought it would be to boot.

dem panties!

1ggLhRE.png

They're ususally 1/4th scale, yeah if not a little bigger. My Joker and Freddy PF statues are about 21-22 inches in height. I have the two Pacific Rim mechs on order, too.

meijiko

Oh my god how do these keep getting so much worse

EArlBgO.jpg

Squenix just let other people make figures of your characters ffs. I'll buy more Kotobukiya Yunas if I have to, to prove it to you.

RMI

Banned
Woohoo, just snagged an A/A artworks aigis on amiami. It wasn't cheap, but I wasn't going to let another one get away from me.

Decided to unpack Insane Black Rock Shooter today. Who wants to see what happens when you combine GSC's monster box fetish with HLJ's packaging?

Max Factory's Xiao Mei box for comparison
cDdtY3N.jpg

a7pQ1gE.jpg

The actual figure box
FY2q7MZ.jpg

Quick shot of the figure itself
insane-brs-web-00tkrfc.jpg

I might review the figure itself later, but suffice to say it's really impressive and has some of the best manufacturing and paintwork I've seen. The twin tails and armour are just too good, but the entire figure is excellent.

Be aware that she's a space hog though, and practically demands an entire detolf shelf to herself. You'd need creative use of risers to fit anything else in and it would quickly look too cramped.

This day is starting out well! I woke up to a notification that amiami had two of my most sought after figures in stock preowned. "Surely they'll be gone by now" I thought, but lo and behold these two lovelies were still available (and for great prices!).

I'm especially excited about Cloche (the first one). She's one of my favorite female JRPG characters of all time.

LiK

Sigh, for some reason AmiAmi split up a combined order and they're shipping out an AoT keychain on its own. I wouldn't mind except Registered SAL shipping cost 100yen more than the keychain itself. Was thinking of going Unregistered but the keychain is sold out and I don't wanna worry about it getting lost.

Oh my god how do these keep getting so much worse

[IMG[/IMG]

Squenix just let other people make figures of your characters ffs. I'll buy more Kotobukiya Yunas if I have to, to prove it to you.

Was gonna post how bad Play Arts Kai has become as well, yeah so bad, look at this Yuna =S its alright but it feels =/
FIGURE-002526.jpg

My twitter feed seems to like this manga/anime so:

3,110 JPY at Amiami, releases Feb 2014

Releases on Dec 2013 costs 3,870 JPY

LiK

Pretty crazy that the new FF P-As look worst than the original releases. They're putting too much into the paint and gloss.

cajunator

Banned
whew I almost missed out on Melty. Had hobbysearch opened last night trying to decide and woke up this morning and FFFFUUUUUUUU reserves closed! But luckily AmiAmi still had her. After my first ordering fiasco with them now I know how they work so I will be alert next time and not almost miss out on my order payment. I still hate the way they do that though. would prefer to just order and not worry about it after that. Is there any way to just authorize them to automatically take what they need for shipping?
Ah well in the end I have Melty ordered!

Bombless

Apparently Nippon-Yasan didn't have the bill of goods on the box, I got a letter from the Post saying they don't have the required documents to get it through the Customs. I have to provide it or they won't hand it over. LE SIGH.

Bombless

Yeah, collector's edition figures are terrible most of the time. Taking the picture with the flash kinda messed up the colours though.

Lockon

Hey figure gaf, I'm looking to buy a displaying case or 2. Any recommendation? I'm from US so any brand/website/store should I look for?

yami4ct

Know us TF guys have our own thread, but thought my fellow figure geeks would have a good answer for my question here.

Ok, I got a MP Prowl figure from HLJ today. The problem? Mine's defective. One of the side mirror joints used for transformation is painted shut. I can still transform him and not plug in the chest, but that's kind of annoying. Sent them an email hoping to get a replacement. My one question to you guys is, how is HLJ for replacement of high demand items? I fear since he's sold out, they won't have anything to offer me and my only option will be to send him back for a refund. Anyone had any luck getting replacements of sold out items from HLJ?

RMI

Banned
Hey figure gaf, I'm looking to buy a displaying case or 2. Any recommendation? I'm from US so any brand/website/store should I look for?

The IKEA Detolf is the standard, but you need to have an IKEA nearby.

Speaking of which, does anybody know how big the box for a Detolf is, rougly? I'm going to NYC next month and the Brooklynn Ikea might be worth stopping by at if it'll fit in the back of a Camry or Civic with the back seat down. Not sure who's car we're taking yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom