• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Mom didn't like Nightmare Fuel Miku / Nurse. She ended up going for Deep Sea Miku instead "..so we have the entire collection". She still wants us to buy Love is War DX.

Also YF-19 is now my birthday gift, because "I never know what to get you anyway!".

johnsmith

remember me
Bombless, I won't believe your stories about your mom until I see a pic like this.

QkxaQZw.png

Has Revoltech announced any more future Disney figures(outside of Pixar)?
Have Woody & Captain Jack and im getting Buzz, Jessie & Jack Skellington soon.

What does everyone's setup look like?

I've almost done setting up my display/desk area. Just missing two Detolfs on the left side that will house my Hot Toys stuff and less girly figures.

Ikea is amazing.
IMG_1611s_zps008e31d0.jpg~original

cajunator

Banned
Weird psycho robot-Miku is up at AmiAmi for 10k.

Regular

Nurse

Those super-terrifying "H" - Shi-e" figures I posted above are available for pre-order at AmiAmi. 10,220 yen, though...yeah, I'll have to give that one some thought. I really do like how unique they are but given that Union Creative International isn't exactly a company I'm familiar with, I'm hesitant to pre-order. Oh, and the January 2014 release.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002571&page=top

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002572&page=top

This is a fan created form of Miku called Calne Ca.
You can see the (nightmarish) video here if youre brave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCUH3iylQE

What does everyone's setup look like?

I've almost done setting up my display/desk area. Just missing two Detolfs on the left side that will house my Hot Toys stuff and less girly figures.

Ikea is amazing.
IMG_1611s_zps008e31d0.jpg~original
Nice setup bro. Just noticed your comp screen. What do you do 3d modelling for?

Nice setup bro. Just noticed your comp screen. What do you do 3d modelling for?

Cheers dude.
I'm just practising sculpting/character modelling for my portfolio. Planning to find another job soon.
Attempting to do a sculpt of Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill :D

I'll take another pic once I have the other two Detolfs up :)

My favourite one is probably Gift 1/5 Yoko.. But it's a major close call between that one, Real Image Yoko and Alter Bounty Hunter Yoko.

Alter Yoko is easily the best, but I'd only buy her if she gets a re-release. I'm not paying $250 - $300 for her. I do like Real Image Yoko a lot.

Bombless

In other news, in order to prepare the arrival of Maouu (please don't be delayed, please don't be delayed), I've started to watch Maoyuu. I love it. Shame it's so short, almost done with it.

In other news, in order to prepare the arrival of Maouu (please don't be delayed, please don't be delayed), I've started to watch Maoyuu. I love it. Shame it's so short, almost done with it.

I watched that series a while back. It had a good plot to it, but I think it was over too quickly, and it didn't delve deeply enough into the relationship between Hero and Demon King.

Sooooo.... is this a new Junko figure?

Aytrial

I watched that series a while back. It had a good plot to it, but I think it was over too quickly, and it didn't delve deeply enough into the relationship between Hero and Demon King.

Sooooo.... is this a new Junko figure?

Hopefully it's priced more reasonably. The only other one on the market is stupidly expensive and drives me into despair.

Hopefully it's priced more reasonably. The only other one on the market is stupidly expensive and drives me into despair.

I don't think that the Algernon Project Junko is insanely priced. But I do like the look of this one better. I just hope it's a pvc and not a jointed figure. I. Dislike. Joints.

The white parts on my Raidou D-arts have gotten this weird red tinge on it, and a damp cloth or a brave fingernail doesn't seem to get rid of it.

I don't know if it's something with the paint or a quirk of an airborne regional mold, but it makes the figure look a million times cheaper than it already is.

johnsmith

remember me
It's a prize figure. So the quality won't be able compete with the Algernon one. Furyu's stuff is based on a raffle system and the prices on some of their stuff can be pretty awful for the quality.

I'll be sticking with Algernon's.

johnsmith

remember me
Its their first scaled figure. All their other stuff has been like small donut cat stuff. Surprisingly, she seems to be sold out everywhere already.

Just ordered GSC Misaka Imouto Nendoroid. Meh nendoroid are addicting..along with megahouse P4A Rise Kujikawa for $70 with shipping. For those who have her, what do you think ?

johnsmith

remember me
Where'd you get Megahouse's Rise for that cheap? With her being exclusive I haven't seen her below 10k yen. I thought she was disappointing compared to Wave's.

johnsmith

remember me
It is surprising because its from a company with no track record from a niche game. It has to be a relatively small production run. In comparison Tharja is still available. And that's from a company with a known track record and a massively more popular game.

Where'd you get Megahouse's Rise for that cheap? With her being exclusive I haven't seen her below 10k yen. I thought she was disappointing compared to Wave's.
Online off someone from mfc. Kinda nerves since I wasn't sure if I could trust the seller. I manage to get the seller to send me a picture of her with the date, my name and etc. I can always email paypal if an issue arises.

Edit: I see, but overall she is not bad?

Jessicat

Does anyone have any good and/or cheap recommendations for low shelves to put Detolfs onto that can hold their weight? Just want to look into options while I get my spare room planned out. Getting tired of keeping my figures packed in boxes XD I recently picked up a couple Besta units for my consoles/cable box, wasn't sure if they were good for Detolfs too?

Bombless

Another must-have crossed on my list

pfaPxxGl.jpg

Also DAT TUNA FISH

gxQmGp3l.jpg

Now to wait for Kirito & Asuna (sent the bills to Customs on friday) and Naoe (Hyakka Ryoran). Hopefully they'll be here by the end of the week.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
If I was gonna break my no Persona/SMT rule it would have been for Raidou, but not at that price, and definitely not from Megahouse..

Was anyone interested in that Megahouse Raidou? He's painted! And he's retail-priced at 12,800 JPY! Fuck you Megahouse!

Ugh, scratch that one off the wishlist. Rise is already 7.5k on Mandarake, which still seems to be more than she's worth.

Got this today courtesy of Dead Rockstar :D

Good stuff :D She might even get a darker skinned sister to stand with this month, barring a(admittedly likely :p) delay from MF.

Ugh, scratch that one off the wishlist. Rise is already 7.5k on Mandarake, which still seems to be more than she's worth.

Good stuff :D She might even get a darker skinned sister to stand with this month, barring a(admittedly likely :p) delay from MF.

She'll go well with the blue Dark Elf and Kamael :D Cheers

Jessicat

Was anyone interested in that Megahouse Raidou? He's painted! And he's retail-priced at 12,800 JPY! Fuck you Megahouse!
I need this because it's Megaten but that price, ew. Does it come with something special? Is it big? o_O Because that's an ugly price tag otherwise (from the pic all I can tell is the cape is removeable, sword/gun hand is interchangeable and you can swap the head to Raido. Also Gouto is included, but still, that shouldn't count as another figure XD)
At least it's not coming out until next year ^^;

chrono01

Well that makes my decision clear. As much as I like the character/series, I'll be passing. I cannot, in good conscience, support that price.

Megahouse, why do you do this?

Got this today courtesy of Dead Rockstar :D

null_zps84849823.jpg
Congrats man, she's a nice figure indeed.

I already have Dark Elf [Regular Ver.] pre-ordered, but I'm really debating whether I should pre-order Kamael as well. Something about her face bothers me and her skin tone seems somewhat off to me. :(

I already have Dark Elf [Regular Ver.] pre-ordered, but I'm really debating whether I should pre-order Kamael as well. Something about her face bothers me and her skin tone seems somewhat off to me. :(

Yeah, there's no question they took liberties with the artwork for Kamael. The skin is darker and a different shade and the face is more mature, but I think the end result is still beautiful so it was a no brainer for me.

So I kinda wanna get a Princess of the Crystal figure, but I'm not sure which one.

I like the Kotobukiya one, because she's holding the skirt with the other hand on her hip, so she looks like she's sashaying.

The GSC one is cool because she's got an outstretched arm, and the skit is all puffed out and would support itself on the base.

The Alter one, while nice, I've heard is pretty heavy, and a bit small. It's also twice as much as either of the other two can be had for. I'm leaning toward the GSC version.

Megahouse, why do you do this?

Obviously, because they're all cunts.

Bombless

So I kinda wanna get a Princess of the Crystal figure, but I'm not sure which one.

I got the GSC one for mom, she loves it. I share the sentiment. Koto's is pretty small, Alter's is great too, with the added penguins but the dress looks problematic I think.

Edit : In other news, I am heartbroken over the ending of Maoyuu. Leaving such a tale unfinished is utterly criminal. Does anyone know whether the novels go further in the story?

I like the Kotobukiya one, because she's holding the skirt with the other hand on her hip, so she looks like she's sashaying.

The GSC one is cool because she's got an outstretched arm, and the skit is all puffed out and would support itself on the base.

The Alter one, while nice, I've heard is pretty heavy, and a bit small. It's also twice as much as either of the other two can be had for. I'm leaning toward the GSC version.

I own both Alter and GSC's and you can't really go wrong with either. Both are perfectly painted and by top tier sculptors. GSC's is more anime accurate and Alter's is based on Hoshino Lily's artwork for Penguindum. GSC's can be had for like 4K on Mandarake now and the shipping was cheaper than Alter's for me I think(hard to be sure because it shipped with another figure).

They are both kinda small at 1/8, but they're more commanding than most figures of the same scale due to the poses and the dress billowing. Like I said, both are great, but the price makes the decision easier.

I got the GSC one for mom, she loves it. I share the sentiment. Koto's is pretty small, Alter's is great too, with the added penguins but the dress looks problematic I think.

I think it's gonna be GSC, because I like Alter's, but it's twice as much $$$, which wouldn't be a problem by itself, but some people say it's a bit small, and the dress does look iffy.

GSC's can be had for like 4K on Mandarake now and the shipping was cheaper than Alter's for me I think(hard to be sure because it shipped with another figure).

I was gonna grab it from AmiAmi. They have three Item:A / Box: B's sitting around for 4.1k...

I was gonna grab it from AmiAmi. They have three Item:A / Box: B's sitting around for 4.1k...

I'd just go with that since Mandarake have the 500 JPY handling fee for international orders, and since you're in the US customs aren't an issue. I prefer Mandarake because I'm in the UK basically.

I want the megahouse dragons crown elf. It is the only figure I will buy for myself as a gift due to being in law school and being poor. I do very much enjoy living vicariously through figure-gaf though.

chrono01

I want the megahouse dragons crown elf. It is the only figure I will buy for myself as a gift due to being in law school and being poor. I do very much enjoy living vicariously through figure-gaf though.
She'll be great. Just expect a 10,000+ yen price-tag for her.

Given Dragon Crown's popularity, and the recent trend from Megahouse, it's a definite possibility. ~_~

Bombless

Getting concerned about the price Megahouse is going to ask for the D*C figures now :(

Edit : Heh, great minds think alike Chrono..

She'll be great. Just expect a 10,000+ yen price-tag for her.

Given Dragon Crown's popularity, and the recent trend from Megahouse, it's a definite possibility. ~_~

Honestly, I was kind of underwhelmed with Dragon's Crown. Odin Sphere was waaaaaaay beter. I know both games were essentially just Final Fight with some RPG elements tossed in, but the repetition of the beat-em-up genre wasn't alleviated in Dragon's Crown the way it was in Odin Sphere.

That said, I'll be waiting to see what the pricing and final painted versions of Elf and Amazon look like. Given the Megahouse track-record as of late, I'm very iffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom