• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zozobra

Hey guys,

I'm in Japan for a couple weeks and was hoping to bring back a couple bad ass souvenirs.

We've gone to Akihabara once, which was amazing, but we plan to go back there again the day before our flight leaves to do a final sweep.

Can anyone recommend any shops we must go to? I really don't know enough about this hobby to know where the best places are...

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm in Japan for a couple weeks and was hoping to bring back a couple bad ass souvenirs.

We've gone to Akihabara once, which was amazing, but we plan to go back there again the day before our flight leaves to do a final sweep.

Can anyone recommend any shops we must go to? I really don't know enough about this hobby to know where the best places are...

Thanks!

mandarake I believe has a branch in Akihabara

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Honestly, I was kind of underwhelmed with Dragon's Crown. Odin Sphere was waaaaaaay beter. I know both games were essentially just Final Fight with some RPG elements tossed in, but the repetition of the beat-em-up genre wasn't alleviated in Dragon's Crown the way it was in Odin Sphere.

That said, I'll be waiting to see what the pricing and final painted versions of Elf and Amazon look like. Given the Megahouse track-record as of late, I'm very iffy.

Dragon's Crown is designed around co-op play, something absent in Odin Sphere. It was also a straight-up modernized arcade beat-em up. Odin Sphere had way more of a tradition RPG elements. They're two very different games.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Definitely hit up Nakano Broadway. Mandarake is there along with other second hand shops selling otaku goods and tons of figures. It's better than Aki for that IMO.

Holy shit... now I know why GSC Princess of the Crystal is so "cheap". I just got my AmiAmi invoice... 8400 JPY after SAL Parcel shipping (the air small packet I requested is unavailable) on a 4100 JPY figure. Fuck. I might as well change it to EMS, I'm not going with SAL parcel. No way no how.

How big is her fucking box!?

Bombless

HUGE. I thought mom was exagerrating when she said she thought the mailman had the wrong adress for some big shipment but in fact it was her box all along. It's really big. Can show you a pic tomorrow lol.

HUGE. I thought mom was exagerrating when she said she thought the mailman had the wrong adress for some big shipment but in fact it was her box all along. It's really big. Can show you a pic tomorrow lol.

Please do. I'd like to see a preview of the box I'm getting fucked in the ass over. lolololol

Holy shit... now I know why GSC Princess of the Crystal is so "cheap". I just got my AmiAmi invoice... 8400 JPY after SAL Parcel shipping (the air small packet I requested is unavailable) on a 4100 JPY figure. Fuck. I might as well change it to EMS, I'm not going with SAL parcel. No way no how.

How big is her fucking box!?

4k price? should be a little smaller than ultimate madoka then

Elixir

Selling the following figures. PM if interested.

WIIJ653.jpg

chrono01

Zelos painted by Alter.

ifB4C9ZeoRXCs.jpg

I haven't started collecting the "Tales of..." figures [aside from Milla and Jude] but he does look great. Alter always does great work.

chrono01

pfz4HWm.jpg

There you go. The shipping box was just humongous. Big enough to fit a giant microwave lol.
Perfect for instant ramen, should you use the microwave approach of cooking. You'll be eating a lot of it to compensate for the over-abundance in cost of shipping.

Myself? I enjoy my ramen by boiling water on the stove and adding it to the base noodles [three minutes covered]. I also pan-sear a piece of chicken breast to top it with. To finish I boil an egg [four minutes maximum boil and 3 1/2 minutes sitting there in the hot water], slice in two, and add to the ramen. It makes for a delicious [and relatively cheap] meal!

Great, now I'm hungry. -_-

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Got my Scar Predator, and now that my shelf of badassness is nearing completion the wait for Hot Toys to make a Wolf 2.0 is going to be long and painful, but Noland's keeping Wolf's spot warm.

oF0Gbt2.jpg

vFZz0jI.jpg

8cvsOon.jpg

Zelos painted by Alter.

I haven't started collecting the "Tales of..." figures [aside from Milla and Jude] but he does look great. Alter always does great work.

I quite like him. Might end up grabbing depending on release date.

Good God. That seems unnecessarily large. I changed shipping to EMS, and its only like, $5 more than SAL parcel would have been.

GSC has a habit of overly cautious packaging that makes it a bit larger than necessary. The figures themselves usually have a straight up big foot print as well though. Wait 'til you see Princess of the Crystal's base.

sonico (babydoll), samus, haruhi came in today. All of them look great. Samus had to spread her legs though in order to fit in the pegs.

Bombless delivers. I nominate his Mum for club president.

sonico (babydoll), samus, haruhi came in today. All of them look great. Samus had to spread her legs though in order to fit in the pegs.

Which Haruhi did you get? I've almost bought the Gekisou one several times at this point, and I'm reminded every time I load MFC because she's on the front page.

OMG, so annoyed right now. I paid for GSC Princess of the Crystal this morning. She was a bit of a splurge, I mean, I wouldn't have bought her if I knew shipping was going to be that high... But whatever. Kobato doesn't come out until the end of the month, right?

GUESS WHAT HLJ JUST SENT A PAYMENT REQUEST FOR? LOLOLOLOLOL

It's probably not a big deal, six on one, half-dozen on the other in the long run. But it really shits me off when things happen differently than I plan for.

Guys, NightmareFuel Miku is starting to grow on me, especially after watching the source video...

Please, talk me out of ordering her(?)...

Please...?

Toki767

GSC are making some new BlazBlue nendoroids. Hopefully they might consider making scale figures too with the anime airing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom