• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Raidou Kuzunoha
22%OFF 9,950
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002620
Really not that bad considering he's pretty big, 250mm. But with Megahouse's track record, waiting for reviews would be a good idea.

And Bombless, did your mom see this yet?
FIGURE-002640_01.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002640

sky

My Racing Miku 2011 arrived... what a beauty!

n6J8kBo.jpg

Dat hair!
Dat bod!

She looks really nice, and I was scared as hell putting her hair together.
My pic doesn't show off her pose as well as it could, but it's quite graceful and has a nice flow to it. Probably my 2nd fav figure so far, next to momohime ;) ...

My Racing Miku 2011 arrived... what a beauty!

Dat hair!
Dat bod!

She looks really nice, and I was scared as hell putting her hair together.
My pic doesn't show off her pose as well as it could, but it's quite graceful and has a nice flow to it. Probably my 2nd fav figure so far, next to momohime ;) ...

Yeah, that hair for realz. I would buy her if I didn't have 2 Mikus on pre-order right now. Let's be honest, I might anyway because hair weakness. I never noticed that umbrella before either; it's a nice touch.

---------

Here's a photo of Xiao Mei I took because I was bored:

One line review: She's one of my favourite figures and only costs about 5K.

LiK

Yeah, that hair for realz. I would buy her if I didn't have 2 Mikus on pre-order right now. Let's be honest, I might anyway because hair weakness. I never noticed that umbrella before either; it's a nice touch.

---------

Cute!!!!

Bombless

And Bombless, did your mom see this yet?
FIGURE-002640_01.jpg

I've linked it to her through Facebook but she's not very well versed into that so I'll make sure to show it to her tomorrow in person.

Also finally picked up these from the post office.
p4z1CeCl.jpg

Damn Nippon-Yassan put 10€ as package value on the slip but of course Customs thought it was suspect and opened the box. Lost 2 weeks with the whole "bring us the bill, wipe away the tax" bullshit. Oh well, happy Bombless! Almost have as many figmas as scaled figures now. And speaking of scaled figures I also found the "Missed Passage" slip for Alter's Naoe in the mailbox as I returned with the package from the PO. *grumble* Stupid Post putting those missed packages for pickup the next day.*grumble*

She'll definitely have dat ass. But I think she may also have the longest hair of any bishoujo yet.

2014 - Year of the Bishoujo. They've got some really good ones lined up. Hopefully the sculpts will come out well, too.

cajunator

Banned

---------

I have this Xiaomei and also the one with the taiyaki in her mouth.

How much did it cost you?

Not including shipping 10,980 JPY, worth it in that I know rerelease is unlikely and it's a GAF benchmark of high quality figures.

Also Johnsmith? As a Persona fan I guess you have this figure:
FIG-IPN-2602.jpg

? Tempted to get the rerelease 6,300 JPY @Amiami , good quality/worth it?
Plastikitty Kotobukiya NYCC booth report :

Mara Jade : http://instagram.com/p/fTG6FbH7iK/

Cammy Artwork - Dat Ass 14 - Revenge of Dat Ass : http://instagram.com/p/fTGxTOn7iA/

Juri is the next Street Fighter Bisho : http://instagram.com/p/fTGqmVH7hz/

Spiderwoman : http://instagram.com/p/fTHGtIn7ii/

Starfire - June 2014 : http://instagram.com/p/fTHOYUH7iw/
I like my Street Fighters XD, SF2 characters at least.

kewlmyc

Not including shipping 10,980 JPY, worth it in that I know rerelease is unlikely and it's a GAF benchmark of high quality figures.

FIG-IPN-2602.jpg

I like my Street Fighters XD, SF2 characters at least.

Nice price considering what how rare it is.

That Izanagi looks pretty boss, but I remember Johnsmith saying that the Megahouse P4 figures aren't good. I'll hold off on buying.

johnsmith

remember me
FIG-IPN-2602.jpg

Nice price considering what how rare it is.

That Izanagi looks pretty boss, but I remember Johnsmith saying that the Megahouse P4 figures aren't good. I'll hold off on buying.

I actually don't have any figures of the actual personas. I just collect the human characters. I don't know if the Megahouse suck applies to non human characters.

george_us

It's getting to the point where I'm hoping some of the Bishoujos turn out like crap so I don't have to buy them. If the art is anything to go by Black Canary, Jubilee, and Starfire will be mine in 2014.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dang, those look great for Mattel figures. I liked their Man of Steel line, thought it was mostly an improvement over the TDK and TDKR lines. Most certainly getting these.

*edit* nevermind thought those were Movie Masters scale. Seems they are smaller. Eh, we'll see.

It's getting to the point where I'm hoping some of the Bishoujos turn out like crap so I don't have to buy them. If the art is anything to go by Black Canary, Jubilee, and Starfire will be mine in 2014.

Same. I also like the Spider-Woman sculpt. Definitely getting Mara Jade as well. I'll probably pass on the new Wonder Woman, though. There's something off about her face... I can't figure out exactly what it is.

Dang, those look great for Mattel figures. I liked their Man of Steel line, thought it was mostly an improvement over the TDK and TDKR lines. Most certainly getting these.

*edit* nevermind thought those were Movie Masters scale. Seems they are smaller. Eh, we'll see.
Yeah I didn't see that till they added a new image with the info card.
but hey more likely to get
Then we would at MM scale. wouldn't mind an Arkham series batmobile either since its only 4' scale.

EDIT:Robocop and Star Trek Play Arts?
Man Square Enix doesn't give up.

Bombless

I am so going to comb London CC for Bishous I still miss. Time to boost up my collection to prepare for these new ladies!

Also, regarding mom & Momoji : she didn't reply on Facebook. Instead, she called me to tell me she did something on the Amiami site and she couldn't complete her order. I told her to wait until tomorrow morning since I'm sleeping at her place anyway.

So now she has 2 collections she wants to build up : Xmas figures and Nurse figures. Miku is a side project split between the both of us so "it doesn't count".

Call me crazy but doesn't it look like they got rid of her mask? Still early days so not going to worry too much about this.

lUTl2Dn.jpg

I see someone had to stick her foot into the shot.

so im in for jubilee, spiderwoman, starfire, xiaoyu, jun and juri.

Out for chunli, cammy, black canary, and mara jade.

Saved my money a bit >_> dec/jan destroyed any sense of "saving"

Bombless

So apparently the Freddy/Jason bishos would be gender swaps lol. This is going to be sacrilicious. 2014 : Bishoujos Uber Alles.

Today was a great day. So many good figures shown. And a lot lived up to my expectations. The Mara Jade came out exactly how I wanted. The face came out nicely(especially expression), plus it wasn't too cartoony, she has realistic proportions for her body and the paint app looks killer.

It was great to finally see a lot of figures i was looking forward to seeing like the PCS stuff (akuma bust, alex statue, shao khan, goro, gouken vs akuma dio), sh figures, koto figures, etc

The only thing that could have made it better was having a painted proto of black canary.

They did not. According to Plastikitty, Koto says she'll come with two faces. Interchangeable and whatnot.

Yeah, just went to Plastikitty and found out.

So apparently the Freddy/Jason bishos would be gender swaps lol. This is going to be sacrilicious. 2014 : Bishoujos Uber Alles.

I thought you were joking in that post. Other than Star Wars, their movie license line hasn't been so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom