• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It begins...

M916ptH.jpg

Oh please, dont put the mask on her ass.

johnsmith

remember me
Bishoujo Wonder Woman is up for pre-order on AmiAmi for interested parties:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-6282&page=top

Pretty sure I"ll grab her, but gonna wait for amazon.

Also anybody still looking for a Commander Shepard?
$32.49 nick and dent (box will be damaged, actual figure should be fine)
you can try using the code "news" for free shipping.
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Mass-Effect-Commander-Shepard-Bishoujo-Statue-Nick-|and|-Dent___442077

Bombless

I do want to grab the Armored WW, but I've already got 3 figs in April, including the all-powerful Mara Jade bishoujo. So I can wait an extra month or two for her to pop up on Amazon. I should have about a billion rewards points on my Amazon Visa by then. Other bishoujos are a higher priority anyway... like Starfire and Canary.

Weeks of getting spammed by FigInStock for POP notifications finally pays off. Snagged an unopened, box damaged version of Nico Robin NEO (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/890) for 5000 yen plus shipping. I still want a few more from the NEO line.

Speaking of which... Now that crunchyroll is carrying One Piece, I watched my first episode and.... HUH!? I know it's episode 619 and I'm a little lost on the plot because one can only glean so much from wikipedia, but that has nothing to do with the issues I have with the show. My reaction was more along the lines of what the fuck is this ridiculous bullshit? Sorry guys, and no offense - but if I had to sit through 600 episodes of that nonsensical dumbfuckery, I'd kill myself.

Pretty sure I"ll grab her, but gonna wait for amazon.

Also anybody still looking for a Commander Shepard?
$32.49 nick and dent (box will be damaged, actual figure should be fine)
you can try using the code "news" for free shipping.
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Mass-Effect-Commander-Shepard-Bishoujo-Statue-Nick-|and|-Dent___442077

thanks I ordered it due to a friend pressuring me. Shes an enabler.

Chrome accidentally auto added a line in the 2nd address line. Is it an issue? I can't change it I think after the order was placed. I live in a house so I usually leave it blank but chrome sneaked it in.

Anybody know?

Jayhawk

Speaking of which... Now that crunchyroll is carrying One Piece, I watched my first episode and.... HUH!? I know it's episode 619 and I'm a little lost on the plot because one can only glean so much from wikipedia, but that has nothing to do with the issues I have with the show. My reaction was more along the lines of what the fuck is this ridiculous bullshit? Sorry guys, and no offense - but if I had to sit through 600 episodes of that nonsensical dumbfuckery, I'd kill myself.

Picking an arbitrary episode in the middle of an arc 600+ episodes in is a terrible way to judge a series that is so strong and popular that it crashes our fave figure sites when a new figure from the series is released.

Picking an arbitrary episode in the middle of an arc 600+ episodes in is a terrible way to judge a series that is so strong and popular that it crashes our fave figure sites when a new figure from the series is released.

Maybe. But I honestly don't think anything could make me like this series. Just because a billion people like it doesn't mean I will.

chrono01

dark elf coming out nov 14 according to ohno
alter sonico po open up tomorrow
This month is going to be expensive, what with Amane Suzuha, Belldandy with Holy Bell, Dark Elf, and others being released. I made a cancellation with AmiAmi for one of my other figures [thankfully they were accommodating], so that lessens the load somewhat.

I'm still unsure of Alter's Sonico, though. She looks really nice, but I kind of wish she wasn't Christmas-themed. I'm not sure how she will look year-around among my other figures. Still, this is Super Sonico with Alter's quality/attention to detail. She also looks extremely cute. ~_~

I need to decide whether to pre-order that one or wait for Orchid Seed's 1/6-scale Cheerleader Ver.

Full release list in case anyone other than me has either Arthur or Monokuma ordered:

Shipping out from GSC on the 14th November (Thurs):
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Monokuma (Rerelease)
Max Factory - Dark Elf
Max Factory - Dark Elf: Brown Skin ver.

Arrival at wholesale stores on the 18th November (Mon):
Gift - Arthur

I thought 1 figure was shipping for me this month, now it's 4 :D Hype. PS4 at the end of the month as well.

This month is going to be expensive, what with Amane Suzuha, Belldandy with Holy Bell, Dark Elf, and others being released. I made a cancellation with AmiAmi for one of my other figures [thankfully they were accommodating], so that lessens the load somewhat.

I'm still unsure of Alter's Sonico, though. She looks really nice, but I kind of wish she wasn't Christmas-themed. I'm not sure how she will look year-around among my other figures. Still, this is Super Sonico with Alter's quality/attention to detail. She also looks extremely cute. ~_~

I need to decide whether to pre-order that one or wait for Orchid Seed's 1/6-scale Cheerleader Ver.

I considered alter Sonico, but it's just another version of her in a bikini.
I'll go for OS Sonico simply because it's a bit different. Plus 1/6 scale is always good.
Can't wait to see the Shunya Yamashita version of her.

kewlmyc

Full release list in case anyone other than me has either Arthur or Monokuma ordered:

Shipping out from GSC on the 14th November (Thurs):
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Monokuma (Rerelease)
Max Factory - Dark Elf
Max Factory - Dark Elf: Brown Skin ver.

Arrival at wholesale stores on the 18th November (Mon):
Gift - Arthur

I thought 1 figure was shipping for me this month, now it's 4 :D Hype. PS4 at the end of the month as well.

Can't wait for Monokuma. I didn't know it was a rerelease.

chrono01

I considered alter Sonico, but it's just another version of her in a bikini.
I'll go for OS Sonico simply because it's a bit different. Plus 1/6 scale is always good.
Can't wait to see the Shunya Yamashita version of her.
YES! That Shunya Yamashita version needs to have its sculpt shown, and soon. I absolutely love the artwork.

By the way, who wants to bet that Bayonetta will be delayed...again...this month?

As Jayhawk mentioned, even with the most amazing series it can be difficult to jump into it at episode 600+. I really enjoy the series, but I started from episode 1 and worked my way up. I know, it's a massive commitment to someone just getting into it, but it's really hard to judge a show so far in without any of the previous backstories.

Speaking of, my Mihawk Ver. 2 [One Piece!] and Kobato Hasegawa [as well as Maria Takayama Nendoroid] figures arrived today!

Vito

Banned
Lately with all the random bargain bins I kinda lost enthusiasm for buying more anime figures, even Max Factory isn't a safe bet anymore and don't get me started on Kotobukiya... though I think thanks to the exchange rate the biggest hit was Ultimate Madoka.

Got into an argument with a guy on MFC (god, why?) over figure prices as he's unwilling to pay more than around 50% MSRP it seems, check the used figures he was selling, everything at MSRP price or more. Maybe you lot are less creepy :D

YES! That Shunya Yamashita version needs to have its sculpt shown, and soon. I absolutely love the artwork.

By the way, who wants to bet that Bayonetta will be delayed...again...this month?

Yup! Probably haha.

Even though I have that on order, the only Bayonetta I'm dying to see more of is the Mitsumasa sculpted one. It's so amazing looking.

Jayhawk

As Jayhawk mentioned, even with the most amazing series it can be difficult to jump into it at episode 600+. I really enjoy the series, but I started from episode 1 and worked my way up. I know, it's a massive commitment to someone just getting into it, but it's really hard to judge a show so far in without any of the previous backstories.

Speaking of, my Mihawk Ver. 2 [One Piece!] and Kobato Hasegawa [as well as Maria Takayama Nendoroid] figures arrived today!

The Mihawk figure looks nice. I haven't started collecting any of the Shichibukai figures (except Hancock), but I plan on starting that collection next year.

I am a little crazy. I have watched the first 555 episodes of One Piece since starting my journey at the end of July, with a daily commitment to watching at least one episode whenever eating a meal at home. I have only skipped the seasonal specials and cross-promotional episodes.

I remember when I first saw a dubbed episode of One Piece years ago and thought it was stupid. Even the first few episodes had me skeptical and I was not a fan of the art style. As I continued to watch the series, the art eventually grew on me and I started to appreciate the show's mix of goofiness and feels.

In most shows and games with a group of good guys, I often dislike at least a couple of people in that group. With One Piece, I find myself liking all members of the Straw Hat Pirates thanks to their great back stories and character flaws. As a figure collector, I also love how One Piece has a vast collection of figures out there that features side characters.

sca2511

I do want to grab the Armored WW, but I've already got 3 figs in April, including the all-powerful Mara Jade bishoujo. So I can wait an extra month or two for her to pop up on Amazon. I should have about a billion rewards points on my Amazon Visa by then. Other bishoujos are a higher priority anyway... like Starfire and Canary.

I really should apply for the Amazon Visa.

Got a bit of slack from a girl I'm dating about dizzy and woody pre orders so I cancelled them :'(. Woody I can sort of understand, because that face is the stuff that nightmares are made out of.... but Dizzy isn't even that bad aside from that shameless backside that would be covered by the wall behind her anyways :(
...and yet I am allowed Tharja. I don't understand women

Got a bit of slack from a girl I'm dating about dizzy and woody pre orders so I cancelled them :'(. Woody I can sort of understand, because that face is the stuff that nightmares are made out of.... but Dizzy isn't even that bad aside from that shameless backside that would be covered by the wall behind her anyways :(

Shit, don't post this on MFC, whatever you do. XD

fuck that. Dizzy = Guilty Gear. Gotta get it

"SIR DROP THE WEAPON"
"PER...SOoooo"
"DROP THE WEAPON! LAST WARNING!"
"Naaaaaaaa"
*bambambambambam*

1 hour later.
Reports of a gamer John Smith, committed suicide on Halloween. Upon some research, his friends talked about his obsession with demons and evils. His last words was the name of a demon collecting game "Persona", in which the players committed suicide to summon demons.
-Live from Fox News.

johnsmith

remember me
"SIR DROP THE WEAPON"
"PER...SOoooo"
"Naaaaaaaa"
*bambambambambam*

1 hour later.
Reports of a gamer John Smith, committed suicide on Halloween. Upon some research, his friends talked about his obsession with demons and evils. His last words was the name of a demon collecting game "Persona", in which the players committed suicide to summon demons.
-Live from Fox News.

I'm willing to take that chance.

Damn missed it, got an email from eBay on their sellers on, Holy mark-ups Batman, from the email I saw someone selling it for $150.
"SIR DROP THE WEAPON"
"PER...SOoooo"
"Naaaaaaaa"
*bambambambambam*

1 hour later.
-Live from Fox News.
Dem Video Games reports
I'm willing to take that chance.
What's more you're dressed as P3's protagonist, they'll take no chance on emos =P

Couple pics I took recently:

Empty's Solange
solange-web-05c5f6f.jpg

Alter's Saber Maids
alter-saber-mais-web-hzsut.jpg

Solange was a recent pick-up. Bought to have that Nishimura swag in figurine form, rather than because of Code of Princess. It's the manufacturer's first figure, which is pretty impressive to me. The sculpt is right on with the artwork it's based on and there are relatively few manufacturing errors. She's large and the details are all cleanly painted. The belt is kind of a nightmare to position, and relies on friction to stay in place, but now that it's there it seems like it won't slip. My picture doesn't show it, but there's a diorama stone base that's made well, sturdy and makes a nice change from plastic circles, even if it does make her quite tall. It seems to be a trend with figures I like, but she takes up a fair amount of space because of the angle her sword is at and how far back the material around her waist trails(although you can leave that off if you want), so that's worth keeping in mind. Overall I'm happy with the figure and thought it was worth a few words because the company is new and previously unproven. There's a black/red colour variant with ash toned hair that's nice as well, but I went OG to match the artwork.

Oh, and that sword is fucking crazy.

RMI

Banned
Wow your Solange photo is really nice. I didn't think much of the fig from the official photos of it I'd seen, but yours make it look really impressive.

Omg this is starting to become Attack on my Wallet. If only Jean could be the next to get figma treatment. Is there a preorder date yet on GSC Online Shop?! Need him to join my eventual Eren and eventual Levi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom