• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing figmas for the humans and scales for the titan forms.

I haven't heard of any scaled Titan figures yet. The Colossal Titan figma and Nendo are the only Titan figures I've heard of thus far.

If they do make scaled Titans, they'll need to be 1/100 or something of that sort, or they'll be completely unaffordable.

Has GSC confirmed that they'll be doing scales?

They've got a 1/8 Mikasa that they announced. I assume that means they'll be milking the shit out of this franchise.

Kotobukiya also announced a 1/8 Mikasa and 1/8 Eren. So figures are coming.

I wonder whatever happened to that powered armour for D-Arts Vile. It was a bitchin' piece, and now that Sigma's out and about I'd hope we'd know more about if it's actually going to be a thing or not.

I wonder whatever happened to that powered armour for D-Arts Vile. It was a bitchin' piece, and now that Sigma's out and about I'd hope we'd know more about if it's actually going to be a thing or not.

This one?

88735.jpg

If yes, it was Limited + Exclusive.

Vito

Banned
HobbySearch started a bargain sale again

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/360/0/1

so until december 1st you get to dread what preorder you regret and what they might tempt you with to loosen your wallet aka "well I didn't really want this but for that price..."

I kinda hope they don't put up Dereban or Saber Dress, I don't want to buy a 2nd cause of a tempting price.

Bombless

Finally got my shipping notice from HobbySearch for Maou-sama and Samus figma. Due to London Comic Con I ended up spending just a few euros more than I should had (probably due to dumb exchange rates) and the automatic payment had bounced off the credit card. I asked HS for a 3 days extension of the payment period and they gave me 5. The response time was bloody fast as well.

A++ would (and will) shop again.

Edit : Bah, I got Naoe for 7900 in September. Oh well :p

Vito

Banned
Edit : Bah, I got Naoe for 7900 in September. Oh well :p

Welcome to buying figs! At least it seems numbers were limtied. I get the feeling the throw some random in to pad the sales and not just the "oh fuck we have 5000 madokas left, better slash that price in half". Sure seems like a lot of Alter figs getting in the bargain bin, kinda sad since their quality tends to be pretty good, Max Factory in the bargain bin makes me sad as well.

Bombless

So! Time to tally what November's supposed to cost me :

Bayonetta - 10490
Dark Elf Reg. Ver. - 8620
Harlock - 7480
Kei - 7480
Little Devil Nurse Sonico (for mom) - 7457
Figma Miku 2.0 - 3343
Nendo Iron Man + Hall of Armours - 4380
Perv Woody - 2180
Maou-sama smartphone stand - 1980

Total excluding shipping (EMS4LYFE) + EU import tax : 53410 JPY or 404.471€

My wallet is already dead.

Edit : Actually, I've noticed Amiami allowed to group the entire month of shipments. Did that, and changed to SAL Registered (though I suspect the package will be too big for SAL, but it doesn't hurt to try).

I feel your pain. My November is around 30,000. Only 4 figures, too.

Oh well, I've been meaning to lose some weight...

Edit: Just realized that the above number doesn't include shipping... Fuck...

Dude, I've got nothing coming this month unless Melty actually does make an appearance. But as a result of a few delays, my December is FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU...

Barring any delays, my December is light, with only the Vertex Noel due. I might throw in Chun Li into the mix, but still not too painful. Might use the extra money to buy a Deltof, thus marking the point when I'm too far gone...

Vito

Banned
Edit : Actually, I've noticed Amiami allowed to group the entire month of shipments. Did that, and changed to SAL Registered (though I suspect the package will be too big for SAL, but it doesn't hurt to try).

SAL is limited to 2 kilos (plus dimensional restrictions), they'll switch you to SAL Parcel. I don't think you can fit more than two figs (if you're lucky) in a single package. Parcel tends to cost almost as much as EMS.

Post Japan has a site in English http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/index_en.html if you ever want to read about options, costs and stuff. There's even a page where the volume discount is listed for companies shipping a ton of mail (that's where HLJ's 15% discount for EMS comes from).

RMI

Banned
I feel your pain. My November is around 30,000. Only 4 figures, too.

Oh well, I've been meaning to lose some weight...

Edit: Just realized that the above number doesn't include shipping... Fuck...

This is true for me. Since I started collecting figs I tend to be way more discerning and value conscious in the grocery market and way less interested in going out to eat. It's been an unexpected positive outcome of this otherwise expensive and addictive hobby. Now if only I can learn to control my figure budget as good as my grocery budget!

RocBase

I'm pretty excited.
Even though Haru looks like he's fingering his non-existent nipple.

They even gave them decent asses, unlike the DRRR figures.

dnCOtYk.jpg
A bit late with the Free figure reveals, but:
Nevermind the ass, get a load of the crotch!
http://myfigurecollection.net/image/Agon1383389042.jpeg
They are not castrated, which is a miracle in itself. Alter really went all out with this.

Yes I am too, Makoto came out way better than I expected, and Haru is good pose. I was afraid theyd go with fully clothed school outfit versions...

I hope they dont sell out super fast and instantly at that point in time.
-
I wonder if more Kurobas figures updated too.
I'm still gonna stay up for preorders just in case. Guy figures generally don't have this problem, but then again I didn't expect Kuroko to go out so fast so who knows what will happen...
Heads up! (assuming you haven't seen these yet haha)
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/849879&ref=item:175644

A bit late with the Free figure reveals, but:
Nevermind the ass, get a load of the crotch!
http://myfigurecollection.net/image/Agon1383389042.jpeg
They are not castrated, which is a miracle in itself. Alter really went all out with this.

I'm still gonna stay up for preorders just in case. Guy figures generally don't have this problem, but then again I didn't expect Kuroko to go out so fast so who knows what will happen...
Heads up! (assuming you haven't seen these yet haha)
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/849879&ref=item:175644

What an actiony pose, hope that is the final one.

Hyped for what theyd do with Kise if theyre going this route.

C'mon whose also got a PS4/X1 preordered as well =P, you'll definitely have murdered your wallet XD

I was gonna buy a PS4, but I'm putting it off until the spring, seeing as the launch lineup has jack shit that I really want, and everything I do want to play between now and then is going to be on current gen consoles with no next-gen versions. XD

LiK

unless the next figure is AoT or ToV related, i'm stopping all preorders right now. New gaming consoles and also looking into buying a new TV. gonna be selling a bunch of stuff during Thanksgiving I think.

RocBase

unless the next figure is AoT or ToV related, i'm stopping all preorders right now. New gaming consoles and also looking into buying a new TV. gonna be selling a bunch of stuff during Thanksgiving I think.

Where do you generally sell your stuff, assuming you sell them online?

sca2511

C'mon whose also got a PS4/X1 preordered as well =P, you'll definitely have murdered your wallet XD

Got a PS4 preordered, but the rest of the year is pretty light for me, with the Samus and Link figmas coming in, plus the new Psylocke Bishoujo in Dec. Next year will be pretty heavy with the J Scott Campbell set, then I'll ease off by only getting DC/Marvel Bishoujos whenever they come out. Hopefully.

BTW, DCBS has their Wonder Woman and Mara Jade pre-orders up.
Link

I haven't bought any of the Yamato girls figures, because they've all either come out badly or just been completely unremarkable from a design standpoint...

But this... I had to man. Mystique is lonely, she's feeling a little blue and needs some company. And dat ass....

Come on MH, please don't fuck up this one.

Giolon

I haven't bought any of the Yamato girls figures, because they've all either come out badly or just been completely unremarkable from a design standpoint...

But this... I had to man. Mystique is lonely, she's feeling a little blue and needs some company. And dat ass....

Come on MH, please don't fuck up this one.

I don't know anything about the show, but that is one gorgeous looking character and figure.

meijiko

Words cannot express how happy I am about this.

nALWMzZ.jpg

LkcAck9.jpg

I know it's a prize figure and FuRyu so it's destined to pretty much suck but damned if I'm not overjoyed at seeing this get made.

Words cannot express how happy I am about this.

I know it's a prize figure and FuRyu so it's destined to pretty much suck but damned if I'm not overjoyed at seeing this get made.

I saw pics of that the other day. Do they really not have any other Cardcaptor figures? Because that one always seemed like an easy one to milk the ever-loli-loving shit out of.

Good god, there used to be GBs worth of CCS hentai smeared all over the internet. :p

meijiko

I saw pics of that the other day. Do they really not have any other Cardcaptor figures? Because that one always seemed like an easy one to milk the ever-loli-loving shit out of.

Good god, there used to be GBs worth of CCS hentai smeared all over the internet. :p

There are some, but they don't make them anymore. Closest thing we have is the announcement that they might be making a Sakura Nendoroid, but we haven't heard any news of that in a while.

LiK

Where do you generally sell your stuff, assuming you sell them online?

eBay. I had planned to sell directly to GAF but I've been lazy at making an actual list. Probably do that soon. But I'm still iffy about selling internationally. Don't wanna deal with the shit associated with it.

eBay. I had planned to sell directly to GAF but I've been lazy at making an actual list. Probably do that soon. But I'm still iffy about selling internationally. Don't wanna deal with the shit associated with it.

I'm in the US, so you can sell me your Batgirl bishoujo without worry.

kewlmyc

Well my November just became interesting.

D-Arts - P4U: Elizabeth(Preorder)
Unit price 4,080 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,080 JPY

Nendoroid - Monokuma(Preorder)
Unit price 2,420 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,420 JPY

D-Arts - Pokemon: Mewtwo(Preorder)
Unit price 2,820 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,820 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Persona 3 - Aigis ART WORKS Ver. 1/6 Complete Figure(Released)
Unit price 12,480 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 12,480 JPY

sca2511

Just got the email saying that these will be shipping by Nov. 28.

Kurisu Makise: White Coat Ver.
Nendoroid Nyaruko: Maid Ver.
Nendoroid Petite: IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Ranko, Uzuki and Mika + Live Stage Set
figma Mika Jougasaki
figma Rika Jougasaki
Dekacchu Kirari Moroboshi ~Lovely Princess ver.~

Chao

Pics? I'd like to see these non-humans.

There are really cool weird ass looking bjd creatures like these:

8079630.jpg

mica the baby rhino
BiyrVNX.png

(i don't know who made this, looks like a customization)
EPfWmjY.png

kamut blue by mewiefish

I'd like to see pics of these from your collection. The only mean-spirited judging and hate for this hobby that you'd see in this thread is towards Freezasaurus and his large post count. >:O

Oh yeah that should be a really easy task, I only have one doll on my collection as of now , a limited edition blue Enyo:
Wig is temporary, I'd like shorter haircut for him but it better than seeing his bald blue head. Will get him a resin brother or sister in a couple of months. Still not sure about giving him a name or not, not sure if that's crazy territory.

I just started in this hobby, my girlfriend is who got me into it (she's the one with glass cabinets full of dolls, and she's an artist too, in fact my doll was made by her). I'm just learning about the different sizes for clothing and accesories and all that kind of stuff.

Well my November just became interesting.

D-Arts - P4U: Elizabeth(Preorder)
Unit price 4,080 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,080 JPY

Nendoroid - Monokuma(Preorder)
Unit price 2,420 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,420 JPY

D-Arts - Pokemon: Mewtwo(Preorder)
Unit price 2,820 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,820 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Persona 3 - Aigis ART WORKS Ver. 1/6 Complete Figure(Released)
Unit price 12,480 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 12,480 JPY

If it weren't for Agis, you might've escaped reasonably unscathed...

And me and my wallet thanks you for buying that, by the way. (^_^)d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom