• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head seems a little small compared to the proportions of her body, but otherwise I kind of like this. It's a nicely defined yet thick body. Far better than the first one they did.

No. The only acceptable Walkure Romanze figure I've seen was that Celia GK. If they made that into a mass-produced PVC figure, I'd buy ten. There's no reason for figures based on a jousting anime to be missing most of their armor.

Giolon

No. The only acceptable Walkure Romanze figure I've seen was that Celia GK. If they made that into a mass-produced PVC figure, I'd buy ten. There's no reason for figures based on a jousting anime to be missing most of their armor.

I have absolutely no familiarity with the source material, so I don't have an issue with it on those grounds. *shrug* I do think that some fully armored ladies could be quite a sight though. Bishoujo Femshep in her space armor is one of the best looking figures I have.

Hey all, I was just wondering something. Other than WonFes what are some events that tend to spawn a lot of figure announcements/updates? I keep getting thrown off guard whenever there's a sudden influx of information so I might throw some of the big events into my calendar just so I know when to check MFC.

You mean, other than the anime being an adaptation of an eroge? :p

YZSW3CZl.png

Also, I'd imagine it's much easier to make a bikini cast-off than a full set of armour. Personally I do think it's a shame for the armour designs to be discarded in favour of a bikini, but I'm not a fan of the source, so I'm not really bothered that they aren't serving my tastes.

Hey all, I was just wondering something. Other than WonFes what are some events that tend to spawn a lot of figure announcements/updates? I keep getting thrown off guard whenever there's a sudden influx of information so I might throw some of the big events into my calendar just so I know when to check MFC.

I guess that would depend on what one is interested in, at least for my tastes last weekends animate girls festival had nice reveals (Free! and kurobas)

gokieks

While I wait for GSC Online Shop to get back to me regarding the broken wing on Holy Bell, took a couple pictures of Belldandy on her own, looking lovely nonetheless:

And Re: Walkure Romanze figures, I don't know what you could possibly have expected other than that, considering the source.

Bombless

Just spotted you on twitter, your mum has an awesome collection dude!

I'll let her know :)

Posting the picture here as well :

WJktwqM.jpg

I told her "That's a bit silly mom, you can't watch TV like that". Her answer was : "I watch my figures, I don't watch tv. Besides, I can remote control the TV just fine like this." The design is temporary, we're going to Ikea this weekend to lay down some plans.

LiK

WJktwqM.jpg

I told her "That's a bit silly mom, you can't watch TV like that". Her answer was : "I watch my figures, I don't watch tv. Besides, I can remote control the TV just fine like this." The design is temporary, we're going to Ikea this weekend to lay down some plans.

blocking the TV!

Karkador

Banned
Hey, FigureGAF. I have a bunch of figures and unassembled model kits (anime & game related) that I'm looking to sell off. Most are boxed or unopened and are probably out of production. A few are loose, too, but otherwise from the same era (early 2000s or so).

What's generally the preferred marketplace for these types of things? I'd preferrably like to avoid ebay (and perhaps Amazon), and I don't think I live in an area that goes crazy for this stuff. I'm not looking to sell for collector prices, I mainly want to move this stuff out of here.

And Ta-Da! Just as we're talking about it, Vertex announces a Walkure Romanze Celia figure. It can't be worse than the Daiki Kougyou figures. It can't possibly. From the outline, it looks like she may even be fully clothed!

cajunator

Banned

WJktwqM.jpg

Oh nice! Princess of the Crystal? I have her. Shes pretty heavy!

WolfStark

Oh this is great news! Until now I didn't watched Kill La Kill, I want to wait for the BluRay release to watch it in a row with my cousins but I already like the characters (and fanservice, yes, yes) and this whole exaggerated vibe, which I loved in Gurren Lagann. The artwork doesn't blow my socks off but I am sure now we're getting more news on figures of this franchise.

Great to be able to comment now here, after watching the thread for a long time. My mfc profile: http://de.myfigurecollection.net/profile/WolfStark

Wow some of those incredibly nsfw figures in the gallery.

Anyway why Norn9 figures but no anime :(, , hope its next in line with Diabolik Lovers there, such great characters kind of want the set, and the K set too, tempted if I wasnt already getting the Free! ones.

Karkador

Banned
What's generally the preferred marketplace for these types of things? I'd preferrably like to avoid ebay (and perhaps Amazon), and I don't think I live in an area that goes crazy for this stuff. I'm not looking to sell for collector prices, I mainly want to move this stuff out of here.

Posting this again; can anyone help here? I looked at the OP and it seems like figure fans don't trust second-hand sellers D:

RMI

Banned
Posting this again; can anyone help here? I looked at the OP and it seems like figure fans don't trust second-hand sellers D:

edit*

woops, i misread. I think if you want to sell your stuff you can do it on MFC and here is not a bad spot either.

I want to wait for the BluRay release to watch it in a row with my cousins

I wouldn't. Aniplex tends to charge a fuckton of money for their Blu-Ray collections. Durarara was about $250, and Gurren Lagann was $500!!!! Just stream the shit subbed on crunchyroll like sane people.

They announced that at WonFes but recently switched the artwork to her Kamui outfit, for obvious reasons :p

Man, I just want a Satsuki figure in her Student Council Prez outift. I almost bought a figure of that one chick from Senran Kagura because she looks so similar.

WolfStark

I wouldn't. Aniplex tends to charge a fuckton of money for their Blu-Ray collections. Durarara was about $250, and Gurren Lagann was $500!!!! Just stream the shit subbed on crunchyroll like sane people.

Speaking of exaggerated, that really is a rip-off. DVDs of GL cost some but I was pretty satisfied with the whole box but as I see that series never came out as BluRay here in Germany. Maybe I have no other choice doing it that way and than waiting if there is (sane priced) BR release here anyway in the future. $500... that is insane.

Great looking Harley, hopefully she isn't sold out too fast.

Speaking of exaggerated, that really is a rip-off. DVDs of GL cost some but I was pretty satisfied with the whole box but as I see that series never came out as BluRay here in Germany. Maybe I have no other choice doing it that way and than waiting if there is (sane priced) BR release here anyway in the future. $500... that is insane.

I bought Lagann on DVD when it first came out in the US under Bandai's unbrella (which is no longer around in the US to defend us from Aniplex's insane pricing). It was released as three 2-disc sets. I was going to upgrade to blu-ray until I saw how much the asking price was. XD

And as far as that Harley statue goes, wait for her to show up here. She'll probably be around $55 or so.

gokieks

Yeah, Aniplex charges a lot. But sometimes they're well worth it - I gladly paid $400+ for the Kara no Kyoukai box set. Othertimes, not so much.

johnsmith

remember me
Speaking of figma Samus, did anyone else order from BBTS? I'm starting to get antsy as I missed it the first time and would contemplate minor atrocities should I miss her yet again. I hope there aren't any US licensing problems yet again.

If you're that worried about it, cancel and order from HLJ or something. They still have her in stock.

So does amiami.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-3175

It would only be $41 shipped from amiami with unregistered sal. Got mine today.

johnsmith

remember me
Huh, didn't realize they were making this. Doesn't look as good as Junko, and seems to be in a different scale, she's an inch and a half taller, so they wouldn't even look good together. So this will probably be a pass unless I absolutely love the game and he turns out really well and he's still available cheap by the time I'm done with the game. He's a lot cheaper than Junko though.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003360
FIGURE-003360_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom