• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

so i ordered fracesca (strike witches) even though the price is a "what?!" Risty from QB has a rerelease as well on amiami.
YEah, I saw that while browsing AmiAmi tonight. That re-release is a surprise and it's a bit strange as to why HS/BIJ/etc. don't have her listed. Could the "Limited" mention means that she'll only be available at AmiAmi?

I'm tempted to pre-order as I do like the character and it's unique to see a well-toned female like this. The previous version turned out very well, so if the re-release is as impressive...

Damn it! I was trying to cut back on pre-orders for 2014. ~_~

YEah, I saw that while browsing AmiAmi tonight. That re-release is a surprise and it's a bit strange as to why HS/BIJ/etc. don't have her listed. Could the "Limited" mention means that she'll only be available at AmiAmi?

I'm tempted to pre-order as I do like the character and it's unique to see a well-toned female like this. The previous version turned out very well, so if the re-release is as impressive...

Damn it! I was trying to cut back on pre-orders for 2014. ~_~

its up on HS i heard on mfc. I think its a limited re-release. short stock maybe? looks the same based on moeyo (nsfw) pictures.

chrono01

its up on HS i heard on mfc. I think its a limited re-release. short stock maybe? looks the same based on moeyo (nsfw) pictures.
Yeah, I was the one that posted that [vyseoftheskies]. :)

I'm really going back-and-forth as to whether I should pre-order her. I don't want to lock my pre-order in and then later regret it when the month is filled with great figures, but then...this is a very unique piece [you don't get the more "aggressive" women in figure-form] and she would compliment the two Queen's Blade figures I already own [as well as the upcoming Alleyne from Orchid Seed, although there's a pretty big size difference between the two].

HS does allow you to cancel within 7 days of placing the order so I could place an order there and give it until tomorrow to think [and switch to AmiAmi should I need to]. She comes with a pencil board as a bonus too.

Want it so bad, will wait and see the discount at DCBS as well. Hoping they stock it.

DC just put out their February solicits the other day, and she was in it. Given that DCBS is a pre-order-only service, I'm sure she'll be posted soon. I mean, when you click on "Statues" on their main page, one of your options is "DC Direct". So yeah, I'm sure they'll have her on the cheap.

I'm really going back-and-forth as to whether I should pre-order her. I don't want to lock my pre-order in and then later regret it when the month is filled with great figures, but then...this is a very unique piece [you don't get the more "aggressive" women in figure-form] and she would compliment the two Queen's Blade figures I already own [as well as the upcoming Alleyne from Orchid Seed, although there's a pretty big size difference between the two].

Dude.... DUDE. I've never even seen QB, and I ORDERED HER. I think that means you pretty much have to. I like the strong, rugged look she has. She stands out in a sea of cutesy and adorable petite ladies. I'll definitely check out the series, though. It's on crunchyroll and I have a subscription.

HS does allow you to cancel within 7 days of placing the order so I could place an order there and give it until tomorrow to think [and switch to AmiAmi should I need to]. She comes with a pencil board as a bonus too.

it'll probably be avail at HLJ if you want the option to cancel

chrono01

Dude.... DUDE. I've never even seen QB, and I ORDERED HER. I think that means you pretty much have to. I like the strong, rugged look she has. She stands out in a sea of cutesy and adorable petite ladies. I'll definitely check out the series, though. It's on crunchyroll and I have a subscription.
You are not making this easy on me. >_<

Do be warned, though. If you watch Queen's Blade on Crunchyroll expect lots of censoring. Light bars EVERYWHERE!! It's a very "ecchi" series, so if that sort of thing bothers you [I know it would for me] definitely watch it via the BD release.

it'll probably be avail at HLJ if you want the option to cancel
True, although I don't like abusing their kindness too much. I'll probably give it until morning to decide [since it's already past midnight here] and then make up my mind. I don't want to wait too much with the possibility of her selling out but I don't want to commit just yet. I'm definitely leaning more towards the "BUY NOW!" button. It's basically 70%/30% at this point.

You are not making this easy on me. >_<

Do be warned, though. If you watch Queen's Blade on Crunchyroll expect lots of censoring. Light bars EVERYWHERE!! It's a very "ecchi" series, so if that sort of thing bothers you [I know it would for me] definitely watch it via the BD release

We'll see. They censored the second season of Hyakka Ryouran that way. I think CR just buys whatever version is cheapest. Season one of Hyakka on CR had streaming titties flopping everywhere.

chrono01

We'll see. They censored the second season of Hyakka Ryouran that way. I think CR just buys whatever version is cheapest. Season one of Hyakka on CR had streaming titties flopping everywhere.
Oh wow, I didn't know that they aired Hyakka uncensored there. Maybe you'll be as fortunate with Queen's Blade?

Honestly, the series surprised me more than I thought it would. There's a decent story in there among all of the...*ahem!*...you know, and there's variety in the characters. If anything you'll know more about Risty [and Alleyne O_O].

Bombless

I almost had a heart attack. Amiami sent me an email about "Notice regarding change of release date" and my entire month list was there. But in fact it was only the Maou Smartphone Stand that got pushed to December.

I was *this* close to torching GSC's offices wherever they are.

chrono01

I almost had a heart attack. Amiami sent me an email about "Notice regarding change of release date" and my entire month list was there. But in fact it was only the Maou Smartphone Stand that got pushed to December.

I was *this* close to torching GSC's offices wherever they are.
I expected to see Bayonetta, personally. I still expect to see Bayonetta delayed. That thing is never coming out. ;_;

On another note I pre-ordered that Risty after all. I gave it last night [more like 5 hours] to decide and figured that I need it in my collection. Considering she's limited and comes with a free pencil board [at least through AmiAmi] the price isn't bad at all. She's sold for a lot more than this on the after-market, and used too.

LiK

Fucking AmiAmi, I wish they would stop splitting up my preorders and then decide to ship them all separately. Next time I'll email them to see if they combine.

chrono01

Fucking AmiAmi, I wish they would stop splitting up my preorders and then decide to ship them all separately. Next time I'll email them to see if they combine.
I've had that happen a few times. Even after I got my payment request email I just contacted them asking to combine it all into one shipment and it hasn't been a problem.

I get enough packages through the mail without the need for multiple ones. My mail person would hate me even more than she [likely] already does. She does a lot of delivering. >_<

LiK

I've had that happen a few times. Even after I got my payment request email I just contacted them asking to combine it all into one shipment and it hasn't been a problem.

I get enough packages through the mail without the need for multiple ones. My mail person would hate me even more than she [likely] already does. She does a lot of delivering. >_<

I don't mind separate packages but I probably saved money if it was one box instead. Glad to hear combining wasn't an issue. I'll need to do that next time. They sent me 3 order is ready emails last night.

They should automatically combine them or ask us. So annoying.

chrono01

I don't mind separate packages but I probably saved money if it was one box instead. Glad to hear combining wasn't an issue. I'll need to do that next time. They sent me 3 order is ready emails last night.

Yeah, it would be nice if they gave you the option after your items came in-stock how you want them shipped out [rather combined or separate]. Granted I always have them combined through the website, but sometimes they split them up into separate shipments despite being released in the same month.

It often happens when an item is delayed, they remove the item, another item is delayed, they again remove the delayed item and then I'm stuck with two orders for that month that were normally together [due to the two delays]. It can surprise me when I'm not expecting my invoice until later in the month only to receive it near the beginning. AmiAmi has always been great about it, though. They're pretty understanding, from what I can see, which is why they're my number one import store.

It would be expensive for me to ship in multiple orders since most of the time the items are too large to ship via SAL Registered and to have 2+ EMS shipments a month from the same retailer can be expensive.

kewlmyc

Don't they do that with the whole "combine by month" option or are you talking about something else? I'm still slightly knew to the whole process, just curious. I have 6 items coming in from Amiami before the end of the month.

chrono01

Don't they do that with the whole "combine by month" option or are you talking about something else? I'm still slightly knew to the whole process, just curious. I have 6 items coming in from Amiami before the end of the month.
They do if you combine them through the website [or while you're placing your order]. However, sometimes when items are delayed it can...glitch, so I make sure to check every week or so to make sure that all of them are still combined, especially after a few figure delays.

It happens very rarely for me, and I have multiple items per month. As I mentioned, if they do send out separate invoices by accident they can, and will, easily correct it for you. They're incredible.

LiK

Basically I had a couple orders already combined but if stuff gets delayed, they split them. But they don't bother asking if I want the other orders they had split up to be combined for shipping. If I have multiple items ready separately, it would he nice for them to automatically ask if I want them combined.

I usually only like combining 3 or 4 items together so the boxes won't be too big. I like being able to reuse their boxes when I sell stuff.

Almost pre-ordered that new Strike Witches figure, then saw that most of the others are still available. That's a rabbit hole I do not want to go down; I enjoy financial solvency.

Did break down on the Samus figma. Enablers, the lot of you!

On another note I pre-ordered that Risty after all. I gave it last night [more like 5 hours] to decide and figured that I need it in my collection. Considering she's limited and comes with a free pencil board [at least through AmiAmi] the price isn't bad at all. She's sold for a lot more than this on the after-market, and used too.

I knew you'd give in. How could you not?

Danferno

If you're that worried about it, cancel and order from HLJ or something. They still have her in stock.

So does amiami.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-3175

It would only be $41 shipped from amiami with unregistered sal. Got mine today.

That's what I was considering as I quite prefer Ami Ami. I pre-ordered from BBTS in that weird lull where it wasn't apparent (at least to me) that a Japanese re-release would occur. I just hate to cancel preorders. Thanks for the info.

Anony

thanks for reminding me about the link and samus figmas
I checked BBTS and canceled since it's 50+10 for shipping
but i just flat out cancelled, i'm not reordering it on amiami due to budget even though it's cheaper

i'm totally going to regret not buying the samus figma in the future, i can feel it

the only thing i have is the tharja fig ;_;

sky

Log Horizon has a more .hack feel to it than it does SA:O.
You had me at .hack ... never heard of Log Horizon, but now I feel like I'd better check it out!
SAO started off so awesome... but got meh. I bought a few figures when I started watching the show, but now I sort of regret it, even thought the designs are pretty nice.

This dude came in:
yu3K9Gx.jpg

Looking cool!
I sort of forgot about him, hehe.

Haha, I love how amiami also wraps stuff in tissue paper, inside the main box.
Obviously this doesn't really protect it from anything (maybe minor scratches), but it looks nice. Feels like I'm unwrapping some candy or something.

zC5FzH7.jpg

Sushigod7

Hoping you guys can help me find this figure I can't remeber what series it was from. Was maybe 3-4 months ago its a girl holding a helmet down to her side. I believe it was a racing suit but could have been a space suit. Green if I remember right. I searched the old thread and Amiami and can't figure it out. Any ideas?

gokieks

Eh, fuck SA:O, Log Horizon is where it's at. It's SA:O done better.

I absolutely would disagree with this. Log Horizon is a bore...

It actually feels like a real MMO.

... and this is actually why. As someone who's played pretty much every major MMO since EQ, I know first hand that watching an MMO being played is incredibly boring most of the time (basically everything other than PvP and high-end raiding). I enjoy MMO settings, but they really need unique and interesting twists to make for entertaining watching, and Log Horizon was completely devoid of it during the first 4 or 5 episodes that I watched before dropping it. And I'm someone for whom MMO setting actually makes me more likely to watch (I would care for SAO a whole lot less if not for the MMO setting, because let's face it, it has plenty of other issues).

Damn your fast! Thanks!

It's a fairly unique pose, and one which I like a lot (which is why I own the figure), so it wasn't hard to figure out what you were referring to, heh.

Mr. Desu

Being the poor man I am, what's a good starting point for some smaller kawaii ass figures? I have a couple already, but I want more and I'm a bit budgeted.

Being the poor man I am, what's a good starting point for some smaller kawaii ass figures? I have a couple already, but I want more and I'm a bit budgeted.

The Bishoujo line is your friend and enabler. The figures are generally high-quality and, if you're in the States, available on Amazon, which bypasses the sometimes alarming shipping costs from Japan.

The jointed stuff can be good, stuff like Figmas, D-arts, etc. And of course, you really can't get any more adorable than nendoroids...

My advice though: run. Run while you still can. The figure collector's road is a hard one, frought with pitfalls, heartbreak, and monstrous EMS bills...

RMI

Banned

I started with Figmas and then things quickly got out of hand. In general Figmas and Nendoroids are pretty inexpensive and don't take up much room. Even some scale figures like the Koto Bishoujo stuff aren't THAT expensive.

If you can avoid buying long sold out pre-owned figs you should be okay for the most part.

Mr. Desu

The Bishoujo line is your friend and enabler. The figures are generally high-quality and, if you're in the States, available on Amazon, which bypasses the sometimes alarming shipping costs from Japan.

The jointed stuff can be good, stuff like Figmas, D-arts, etc. And of course, you really can't get any more adorable than nendoroids...

My advice though: run. Run while you still can. The figure collector's road is a hard one, frought with pitfalls, heartbreak, and monstrous EMS bills...
But, I want to accept my overlords... But thank you for the info. I'll look into it and keep posted what I go with!

Bombless

Very good advice here. Especially the bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom