• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocBase

Yup. The sculpts don't look bad but the glossy finish makes the figures look like cheap crap.

Now that you mention it...the bootleg versions of their PAs always had that awful shiny finish I think? At this point you probably can't even tell the difference between the legit and bootleg when you factor in SE's shitty paint jobs lol.

kiryogi

Banned
O M F G SUGAR LEVELS

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/401884962015551488/photo/1

BZPIPloCAAA1JLL.jpg:large

Deprive

GSC got me actually wanting a freaken Miku nendo :\

I wanted that Faora play arts also, but.... But playart qc is crap and the price has become waaaaay too expensive. Bad enough figmas are more expensive now :\

LiK

Still too lazy and sick to take pics of my other pickups but this arrived and I wanted to share. Black Iron Man SH Figuarts. So bling.

E3BA4A4F-64D2-452D-BB34-B61BFC1CB22C-166-0000002F61D651B4_zps71f434bb.jpg

Damn I clicked on the link and what did I see on Amiamis Item Ranking? Good ol' Risty!

Didn't know they would rerelease her, just saw her image awhile ago but she was sold out - now that! I really have to save some money for the next year.

Did she really sell out already? I bought her about ten minutes after AmiAmi first put her up. I'm not a huge QB fan, but I love her character design.

EDIT: Uh.... She's not sold out. AmiAmi still has her up. If they listed her as Sold Out before, she isn't now.

chrono01

Did she really sell out already? I bought her about ten minutes after AmiAmi first put her up. I'm not a huge QB fan, but I love her character design.

EDIT: Uh.... She's not sold out. AmiAmi still has her up. If they listed her as Sold Out before, she isn't now.
I believe they were referring to her being sold out prior to the re-release, unless I'm mistaken. Either way she's definitely a great figure. I think she'll look nice in my collection.

As for that Snow Miku 2014...I must have her. I don't purchase many Nendoroids, since I already collect enough figures and anything more than that can be troublesome, but I do make exceptions for those that look as nice as Snow Miku. I'm glad that the Good Smile Company online store has now started shipping from within Japan and not out-sourcing it. I haven't experienced the faster delivery times yet since I haven't had an order ship from them after the change [although I will have Makise Kurisu - Lab Coat Ver. shipping at the end of the month] but I've heard good things.

I believe they were referring to her being sold out prior to the re-release, unless I'm mistaken. Either way she's definitely a great figure. I think she'll look nice in my collection.

Ah, alright. So I did get to episode 8 of Queen's Blade before I had to stop. My reason for stopping was "this is terrible". And it was, my friend. IT WAS.

chrono01

Ah, alright. So I did get to episode 8 of Queen's Blade before I had to stop. My reason for stopping was "this is terrible". And it was, my friend. IT WAS.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. :(

At the very least the character designs are good/unique, which makes for some interesting figures [as in the case of Risty]. I'm sure you won't regret your decision to purchase her, despite not liking the series she's based on.

Bombless

You were stronger than I was. Don't think I made it past the 3rd or so. Still, if Risty was the same scale as their DC Amazon I would had POed her. As such, meh.

^ Those are adorable. I re-watch Totoro at least once a year, along with Whisper of The Heart.

-------------------

Release dates:

Good Smile Company said:
Shipping out from GSC on the 26th November (Tues):
FREEing - Mu-12

Shipping out from GSC on the 27th November (Wed):
Phat! Company - Nendoroid Yoshika Miyafuji: Shinden Ver.
TOMYTEC - Nendoroid Alice Kuji
TOMYTEC - Nendoroid Miyuki Takano
Good Smile Racing - GSR ProjectMirai BMW 2012: Second Leg Fuji ver.
Penguin Parade - Petanko Mini!: Madoka Magica Trading Figures
threeA - WWRp Caesar Aus Republic
threeA - WWRp Caesar BcELL
threeA - WWRp Caesar DeimosⅡ
threeA - WWRp Caesar USMC

Shipping out from GSC on the 28th November (Thurs):
GIFT - Nendoroid Plus Plushie Series 01: Miku Hatsune
GIFT - Nendoroid Plus Plushie Series 02: Miku Hachune

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Changed from November to December 2013
Good Smile Company - Kuroyukihime
Good Smile Company - Akane Isshiki
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Iron Man Mark 42: Hero’s Edition + Hall of Armor Set
Max Factory - figma Kurisu Makise: White Coat ver.
Max Factory - figma Hiro
FREEing - Mei Misaki: Swimsuit Ver.
Phat! Company - Minicchu IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 02
Phat! Company - Yoshino
Phat! Company - Caster [Fate/EXTRA CCC]
Phat! Company - Bayonetta
Tecmo Koei Games - Totori: 19 Year Old ver.

Does this debunk the Bayonetta conspiracy theories and instead suggest incompetence? That's for you to decide!

None of the delays affect me this time, surprisingly.

Bombless

Bayonetta - 10490 DELAYED
Dark Elf Reg. Ver. - 8620
Harlock - 7480
Kei - 7480
Little Devil Nurse Sonico (for mom) - 7457
Figma Miku 2.0 - 3343 Already shipped
Nendo Iron Man + Hall of Armours - 4380 DELAYED
Perv Woody - 2180
Maou-sama smartphone stand - 1980 DELAYED

Total excluding shipping (EMS4LYFE) + EU import tax : 53410 JPY or 404.471€

Total excluding shipping : 33217 JPY or 245€

I am torn. On one hand I'm actually a bit relieved this happened because with my trip to Paris to see the Miku opera I ended up spending a bit more than reasonable, on the other....it goes to fucking december now. God damnit.

Edit : Mom just called. She got the payment request for Love is War DX but she screwed up and selected Paypal as payment (she was nervous as hell while ordering, was with her on Skype). Gonna go over there and set her up with a Paypal account now (she's been asking for one for a while).

WolfStark

Did she really sell out already? I bought her about ten minutes after AmiAmi first put her up. I'm not a huge QB fan, but I love her character design. (...)

What chrono01 said, she sold out before the rerelease. I am not a big Queen's Blade fan either, even though I have an japanese PSP game which I can't play because I can read japanese as good as I can speak Pashto but her character design is what fascinates me too.^^

I'm not familiar at all with the source material, but this line is super cute

Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Makoto Harada 1/8 Complete

I pre-ordered her, since it's Alpha x Omega and not Megahouse proper like the other Yamato girls. With them I waited for pics of the retail product before buying, so I skipped Akira and got Yuki and Yuria. I hope AxO show Kaoru's sculpt soon as well.

You should check out the show, it's very good despite a slow-ish start.

StayDead

My stage 2 set of Cindarella girls petits came today and I've put them together.

There goes the feeling in all my fingers, the petit bases D:

Bombless

Maou-sama and figma Samus are in. Unboxing now.

The Demon King's box is big, but not as big as I feared. Comparison pictures ahoy!

Her box is almost square. She's all in one piece, with an extra hair bit if you want to display her without her horns (which is blasphemy, but I digress).

One foot has the 2 pegs, the second touches the base as well, but doesn't lock in. The figure is quite heavy (dat useless flesh no doubt) but the base is wide (and isn't very light either), so no wobblyness here.

Her majesty herself is nothing short of fabulous, as expected.

Bonus image :

chrono01

Bayonetta...delayed...again...

She had better be the most incredible figure to ever exist when she's released to make up for all of the delays. I'm really confused as to what's taking her so long. I can understand a few delays since her pose is somewhat dynamic, but this many!? It's nearing a year of delays, and honestly I would be surprised if it makes the December time-frame. :/

At least it lessens the burden on my wallet this month, but then now I have next month to worry about. Of course figures from there will likely be shifted into January, which will cause the cost of that month to become troublesome. It is never-ending!

I'm still excited to receive Bayonetta [if I ever do], but all of these delays have definitely been a headache. I didn't even pre-order until a few months ago I can't imagine how those who pre-ordered at the time she was announced feel...

RocBase

I'm not familiar at all with the source material, but this line is super cute

Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Makoto Harada 1/8 Complete
I'm not familiar with it either, but I did find the girl in the yellow suit with pigtails charmingly cute. She was 50% off on Plamoya, so I snagged and ended up paying some $59 in total – I wouldn't have bought her otherwise.
Speaking of which, it's been a while since I made that order, hasn't come through yet...

Why cant they make yamato figures of the characters I want, Daiksuke Shima and Kodai at least.
>hoping for figures of male characters
there is your problem
dw i feel your pain ;__;

Not yet.

We've seen a silhouette of what the figure will likely look like, but not much else.

This one is from Koto, so it's not like she'll be hard to get a hold of after release. Anyway, bishoujos are my top priority in 2014. Too many good ones coming out, and it'll help me spend less on figures next year. :p

johnsmith

remember me
Paid for both Dark Elves today. 20,000 yen, ugh. I couldn't decide which one to cancel.

Also paid for the P4 Petankos. I'm down to only 5 preorders now,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom