• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kind of, but since she's getting a US release she's available for around $110 from US based sites, and shipping'll be cheaper, since there's a good chance she might be EMS only.

Gotta hold strong and hope she shows up cheaper on amazon. She already has a listing.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GC37P02/?tag=neogaf0e-20
$110 with free shipping and I'll bite.

I'm surprised that this is already up for pre-order on Amazon, but the various bishoujos that have recently released aren't.

I'm surprised that this is already up for pre-order on Amazon, but the various bishoujos that have recently released aren't.

I'm not. Olivia went up for pre-order on Japanese sites a while ago. Spider-Woman just went up on Koto's US site, so I expect it will still be a little while before she shows up on AmiAmi. For some reason there's a delay for bishoujos going up for pre-order. Chun-Li was an extreme case.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm not. Olivia went up for pre-order on Japanese sites a while ago. Spider-Woman just went up on Koto's US site, so I expect it will still be a little while before she shows up on AmiAmi. For some reason there's a delay for bishoujos going up for pre-order. Chun-Li was an extreme case.

I was also thinking of the Psylocke bishoujo, the Jun bishoujo, and the Xiaoyu bishoujo. There are several that aren't listed by Amazon directly yet.

Olivia only went up a month ago or so in Japan.

chrono01

Manufactured by Square-Enix? What?

Another witch for my collection. Kinda expensive though.
Yeah, she looks great. If I trusted that Square-Enix would release a final product as nice as the prototype, it would be an instant pre-order. As is, she's expensive for me to take the risk, and I already have Swamp Witch pre-ordered the satisfy my witch craving [although more is definitely appreciated].

As for the name she's Nimue from Kaku-San-Sei Million Arthur.

johnsmith

remember me
Bayonetta's never coming out, is she? :(

Has anyone picked up Max Factory's Dark Elf? If so, is she worth it?

I barely paid for her yesterday and I'm doing sal, so I should have her in about 2 weeks.

They look great though. Picking one really was impossible.
bTujE4q.jpg
http://dat.2chan.net/46/res/691140.htm

another review (nsfw site)
http://www.moeyo.com/article/42346

review of chocolate elf
http://rborg42.wordpress.com/2013/1...torys-lineage-ii-dark-elf-brown-skin-version/

chrono01

Bayonetta's never coming out, is she? :(

Has anyone picked up Max Factory's Dark Elf? If so, is she worth it?
Bayonetta? Nope, probably not.

[I know, I'm being super-negative, but given the delays can you really blame me? >_<]

As for Dark Elf, I have the Blue Ver. pre-ordered but won't receive her until the end of the month in my combined AmiAmi order. She looks great, though.

Bombless

The Playarts Harlock duo, Little Devil Nurse Sonico and figma Aigis payment mails were in this morning. The month is entirely paid now.

I can't wait to see my mom's reaction to Sonico. She was talking about taking it to the hospital and showing her around lol.

Edit : Crossing fingers for the Playarts. I shouldn't have ordered them...but it's Harlock.

Edit 2 : Payment for Miku's Love is War DX done. Grand total 50100 JPY (Ems was 8k, SAL Parcel 6k, went with EMS). In euros it's 380. Not bad at all. Can't wait to pay at least 60&#8364; in taxes at reception!

Okay I preordered a figma from amiami in september and I'm not going to have enough money to pay for it anymore, so I went to cancel the order and there didn't seem to be an option to do that. Then I checked the FAQ and it says they don't except order cancellations? Does that mean I have no choice but to spend the last of my money on something I don't even want at this point?

Okay I preordered a figma from amiami in september and I'm not going to have enough money to pay for it anymore, so I went to cancel the order and there didn't seem to be an option to do that. Then I checked the FAQ and it says they don't except order cancellations? Does that mean I have no choice but to spend the last of my money on something I don't even want at this point?

Ordered from AmiAmi? You'll have to email them and ask to cancel. If you've bought stuff from them before, it should be fine. If not, don't be surprised if they ban you.

StayDead

It's only a possibility. They probably won't, but it also does have some bit of randomness about it. Such as the current mood of the person answering emails.

It's also usually the reasoning for cancelling your order. They don't like people ordering something then 2 days before release cancelling it for some stupid reason since they only order in most of the time enough for the orders they've recieved.

It's also usually the reasoning for cancelling your order. They don't like people ordering something then 2 days before release cancelling it for some stupid reason since they only order in most of the time enough for the orders they've recieved.

Oh yeah I guess that makes sense. Should be fine since there's about two more months till release.

RMI

Banned
Well shit, guess I'm getting banned then. That's a ridiculous policy.

You will be okay.

I cancelled an item before ever buying anything from them without ban. I have cancelled other items without ban as well.

They probably only get pissed if you cancel sold out pre-orders or pre-owned items, or if you're a jerk. Just write a polite email, apologize for the inconvenience, and say thank you at the end.

I ordered Shinobu from HLJ. I haven't seen her up on AmiAmi again since they first put her up, and I don't want to wait too long before putting in an order somewhere.

chrono01

I ordered Shinobu from HLJ. I haven't seen her up on AmiAmi again since they first put her up, and I don't want to wait too long before putting in an order somewhere.
Might be a wise decision. She's sold out at HS now too, which isn't surprising considering this IS Kotobukiya after all.

By the way Nimue [who was posted earlier] is now sold out at HS. I placed a pre-order at HLJ for easy-cancellation should the later pictures not impress me. I'm not entirely confident of Square-Enix's quality-control, but I really like the design. I figured I'd place a pre-order just in-case she becomes difficult to find later on, and if I change my mind I can easily cancel.

http://www.hlj.com/product/enx22338

Bombless

Might be a wise decision. She's sold out at HS now too, which isn't surprising considering this IS Kotobukiya after all.

By the way Nimue [who was posted earlier] is now sold out at HS. I placed a pre-order at HLJ for easy-cancellation should the later pictures not impress me. I'm not entirely confident of Square-Enix's quality-control, but I really like the design. I figured I'd place a pre-order just in-case she becomes difficult to find later on, and if I change my mind I can easily cancel.

I like the vacuum cleaner. Modern witch indeed! But it hasn't wowed me. I have way too many preorders already anyway.

She's really cute. I just have an issue with paying that much for a figure from a company with questionable QC practices. Hopefully their PVC figures will be a completely different story from their Play Arts line.

chrono01

I like the vacuum cleaner. Modern witch indeed! But it hasn't wowed me. I have way too many preorders already anyway.
Haha, yeah. The vacuum was one of the first things I noticed.

I share your sentiment about too many pre-orders which is why I'm not 100% sure I'll keep it, but we'll see.

She's really cute. I just have an issue with paying that much for a figure from a company with questionable QC practices. Hopefully their PVC figures will be a completely different story from their Play Arts line.
I've seen/read some horrible things about their Play Arts line which is why I'm skeptical about this one. If it were cheaper I'd take the risk and go ahead with the purchase anyway, but since she's so pricey I'll have to gauge accordingly.

I'll make sure to monitor her pictures as she nears release to see how things look then, as they usually always look perfect when it comes to early prototype pictures.

Also Maeda Keiji was delayed to FEBRUARY! FEBRUARY!!!

Wow, I was expecting a delay, but not by that much! >_<

February? LOL

Alter have like 12 figures that could potentially release this month thanks to delays combined with items originally scheduled for November, so yeah, I guess that was inevitable. So far they've released one, which was Suzuha. I'm glad they're being more realistic, but unless they stop announcing stuff this will probably continue.

February? LOL

Alter have like 12 figures that could potentially release this month thanks to delays combined with items originally scheduled for November, so yeah, I guess that was inevitable. So far they've released one, which was Suzuha. I'm glad they're being more realistic, but unless they stop announcing stuff this will probably continue.

December is the month that I'm dreading. This is what it looks like right now:

Momo
Psylocke bishoujo
Colossal Titan Nendo
Tsukihi Araragi
Tharja
Melty

I'm hoping something not named Tharja gets delayed.

Deprive

Momo
Psylocke bishoujo
Colossal Titan Nendo
Tsukihi Araragi
Tharja
Melty

I would be suprised if Tharja was not delayed. Titan Nendo might be. GSC is releasing too much stuff next month, so a bunch is bound to get delayed.

chrono01

Momo
Psylocke bishoujo
Colossal Titan Nendo
Tsukihi Araragi
Tharja
Melty

Don't worry. I'm guessing Momo, Tharja AND Melty will be delayed until sometime next year.

Don't worry. I'm guessing Momo, Tharja AND Melty will be delayed until sometime next year.

I was thinking Momo would be MF's December release while Tharja and Kamael would get delayed. She was announced before the other two and they don't have anything outside of those three currently scheduled for 2013 do they? Sheryl Nome would have been next but she was pushed straight to January last month or whenever, presumably due to complexity.

chrono01

I was thinking Momo would be MF's December release while Tharja and Kamael would get delayed. She was announced before the other two and they don't have anything outside of those three currently scheduled for 2013 do they? Sheryl Nome would have been next but she was pushed straight to January last month or whenever, presumably due to complexity.
I don't know, I just have a feeling that she might be delayed. Perhaps it's myself being negative, but lately all of the figures I want the most are delayed at least once. Since I desperately want Momo, it wouldn't surprise me if she were moved into sometime next year. :(

I hope my estimate is wrong, I really do.

I don't know, I just have a feeling that she might be delayed. Perhaps it's myself being negative, but lately all of the figures I want the most are delayed at least once. Since I desperately want Momo, it wouldn't surprise me if she were moved into sometime next year. :(

I hope my estimate is wrong, I really do.

Ah fair enough. Can't blame you, considering I don't remember the last thing I received on time now that I think about it. Given that, it's no surprise we just expect constant delays. I have all three of those I mentioned in the last post pre-ordered though, so if MF get even one figure out in Dec I'll be happy. Hopefully they get the figure announced earliest out the door first though.

chrono01

Noooo! Tharja must not be delayed:/
I know! I would be very surprised if she makes her current release date, though. :(

However, to see her arrive on my doorstep within December? That would be a very...very pleasant surprise!

Ah fair enough. Can't blame you, considering I don't remember the last thing I received on time now that I think about it. Given that, it's no surprise we just expect constant delays. I have all three of those I mentioned in the last post pre-ordered though, so if MF get even one figure out in Dec I'll be happy. Hopefully they get the figure announced earliest out the door first though.
Agreed.

Honestly, if I can get Bayonetta in December I will be a happy man. However, we all know that won't happen.

Nov got super huge all of a sudden... I ordered the White alphamax sonico.

I might not get the cheerleader sonico but then again I have until august to decide.

I'm hoping melty gets delayed till feb. Feb and march are basically free months, Dec is the wallet incinerator month. If i haven't already paid for some orders (PO exclusives) i think this month was like 500+ lolol

I'm hoping melty gets delayed till feb. Feb and march are basically free months, Dec is the wallet incinerator month. If i haven't already paid for some orders (PO exclusives) i think this month was like 500+ lolol

March is Dark Angel Olivia. For those of us who ordered that sucker, March is most certainly NOT a free month. XD

Also, Wow, Shinobu sold out at HLJ as well, now.

March is Dark Angel Olivia. For those of us who ordered that sucker, March is most certainly NOT a free month. XD

Also, Wow, Shinobu sold out at HLJ as well, now.

Didn't like her painted. I liked it more unpainted but something happen and I just was like "meh" about it. Was thinking of momo from MF but I just got the white sonico from alphamax and I think it looks tons better overall.

I'm super excited about Daisy, Jubei, and Noel for dec. I have like 7 figures and a calendar for dec. If both melty get delayed I will feeeeeeeel tons better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom