• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
^ Those are adorable. I re-watch Totoro at least once a year, along with Whisper of The Heart.

-------------------

Release dates:

Does this debunk the Bayonetta conspiracy theories and instead suggest incompetence? That's for you to decide!

None of the delays affect me this time, surprisingly.

Only the Kuroyukihime affects me :(

I'm not familiar at all with the source material, but this line is super cute

Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Makoto Harada 1/8 Complete

Awww what a cutie!

Kotobukiya's Shinobu up at HS. 7,020 yen with an April release. Expect this to sell out quickly, like within a few hours or so [given the popularity].

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10251867

I'm passing, though. I'm really interested in seeing how Alter's version turns out, though.

I ordered it. Been needing a good Shinobu.

got saber dress code alter for 5.4k b/b. Scoreeeee

Congrats. She is a GORGEOUS figure. Also pretty big.

dsigns1

I really like the Funko Pops. I get them for my daughter and little brother but I ran across this one coming soon.

dragonballzcentral_2289_15827406503

I really want them to do more sony characters. Nathan Drake, Radec, Rachet and clank, sackboy, Joel and Ellie, Toro. The list goes on.

this month is nothing compare to next month if both melty come out in dec (please be february).

I have 2 figma, maede keiji, kurisu, dark elf, yagyu (alter-megahouse), hartman (alter), saber dress code.

Atleast kurisu and maede are already paid off.

I really like the Funko Pops. I get them for my daughter and little brother but I ran across this one coming soon.

dragonballzcentral_2289_15827406503

I really want them to do more sony characters. Nathan Drake, Radec, Rachet and clank, sackboy, Joel and Ellie, Toro. The list goes on.

Ooohhh this is cool, I need a Helghast now

Bombless

fml

I had figma aigis and labrys in my cart then...somebody beat me to it =(

EDIT
GOT them both on mandarake for cheaper! YESSSS

Was always on the fence about Aigis figma. I haven't played the game but I'm a sucker for heavy weaponry and she has TONS....Ordered it.

sky

Was always on the fence about Aigis figma. I haven't played the game but I'm a sucker for heavy weaponry and she has TONS....Ordered it.
She's a great figma, you won't be disappointed!! (Asuming you're talking about the "Ultimate" figma)

I haven't played the game either, lulz... but she's got such a cool design.

chrono01

Here's a full-image of the upcoming Erza Scarlet from Amakuni:

iY03JU7ogxZPF.jpg

Some people have issues with the twist in the waist [it's not easy, maybe impossible, to do that in real life], but she's based off official artwork that looks identical to that, so you can't blame the sculptors. Personally, I think she looks great, although I'll need to see her painted before I make my final judgement.

She'll be exclusive, which means proxies, but if she looks nice enough, I do not mind!

Some people have issues with the twist in the waist [it's not easy, maybe impossible, to do that in real life], but she's based off official artwork that looks identical to that, so you can't blame the sculptors. Personally, I think she looks great, although I'll need to see her painted before I make my final judgement.

She'll be exclusive, which means proxies, but if she looks nice enough, I do not mind!

Sometimes things can look fine as artwork, and then look stupid in three dimensions. It happens. She definitely has an issue with the arm positioning, and something similar to the pose of the second bishoujo Black Widow is also going on there. I can imagine the sculptor being all "Must be able to see.... tits.... and ass..... from one side!"

Weird anatomy + exclusive = pass muthafucka

chrono01

Sometimes things can look fine as artwork, and then look stupid in three dimensions. It happens. She definitely has an issue with the arm positioning, and something similar to the pose of the second bishoujo Black Widow is also going on there. I can imagine the sculptor being all "Must be able to see.... tits.... and ass..... from one side!"

Weird anatomy + exclusive = pass muthafucka
I can agree with that. It's an issue with 2D versus 3D.

It still doesn't bother me, but I guess I can see where it might for some. As I said I haven't decided to purchase her yet, that really depends on how the final product turns out, the release date, and whether anything else is scheduled for that time-frame. Fairy Tail gets an extremely limited number of figures though, especially ones of decent quality [the only one that I can really recommend is Good Smile Company's Lucy], so that might factor into things somewhat.

Fairy Tail gets an extremely limited number of figures though, especially ones of decent quality [the only one that I can really recommend is Good Smile Company's Lucy], so that might factor into things somewhat.

Don't buy shitty figures. It'll only encourage them to make more. Just keep buying Lucy repeatedly until they make another good one.

chrono01

Don't buy shitty figures. It'll only encourage them to make more. Just keep buying Lucy repeatedly until they make another good one.
Haha, trust me. I have no intention of buying something I don't like just because it's the only one [or rather, few] out there. I've passed on several Fairy Tail figures for this very reason.

I only meant that I'm...optimistic about Erza turning out well once paint and final touches are applied, but if I don't like it for whatever reason it will be an easy "pass" for me. This hobby is way too expensive to purchase items that you're only "okay" about.

LadyRiven

Belldandy with Holy Bell arrived for me yesterday. I was surprised her box wasn't as big as Godoka's (but thankful I guess!) Still cost about the same amount to ship. Now to find a place to put her...

Aye, her stand is pretty big.. although in theory, you could pose her without the stand, by utilising the bike stand.

Either way, a little height comparison -
IEEggDK.jpg

I also got this a few days ago, cute figure and nice paint job!
xT0G6a1.jpg

I'm seriously regretting not picking up that Belldandy now, insane pricetag be damned!

I guess I should just build the garage kits I bought at JAFCON...in 1998...

I did a double take.. and then realised you quoted my twitter account! XD

Here's another image of her :)
http://i.imgur.com/5McB960.jpg[[/QUOTE]
Lol didn't realise it was you who I followed =P. Thanks for the images, I am psyched to get this now, was kinda half regretting ordering it. (More of a space issue XD)

And now I just have to order the limited edition Stein;Gate game as well XD

Kind of, but since she's getting a US release she's available for around $110 from US based sites, and shipping'll be cheaper, since there's a good chance she might be EMS only.

Yeah, TFAW has her for $111. But they usually tack on $20 or so automatically for shipping on statues.

Super Sonico 1/6 Cheerleader Ver. up at AmiAmi/HS:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003419&page=top

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10252089

Masanori Tanaka does some great sculpts, and this one is no different [Lucifer, Panty from Alter, Super Sonico Bondage Ver.]. She'll look great alongside the other 1/6 scale from Orchid Seed.

That pretty much kills any other potential pre-orders for August 2014, though. ~_~

the other one is 1/5 scale. The funny thing is they are the same height despite being different scales.

chrono01

the other one is 1/5 scale. The funny thing is they are the same height despite being different scales.
Oh, it is? I had completely forgotten about that!

That is definitely odd, but seeing them both side-by-side in a picture [and not noticing the difference] I guess it doesn't really matter, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom