• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Junko looks fantastic- the pose, the color, the style, the bear. I wasn't positive if I wanted to spent the money and I hadn't heard about Algernon Project before, but I didn't want to lose my chance, so I pre-ordered her at HLJ.

Now that Dangan Ronpa is being localized, I'm even more excited to get her.

OMG YES! That Dragon Nest Sorceress by GSC (previously only available in China), is up on AmiAmi!

FIGURE-003425.jpg

Ban Puncher

Just ordered the new Figuarts ZERO Sailor Moon at AmiAmi.

Got orders every month until April now.

Why did I get back into figure collecting? I was clean for 7 years!

LiK

I've been good. Zero additional figures preordered since the start of this month. AmiAmi annoyed me so much by sending me like 6 payment requests every few days apart so I couldn't get a chance to combine them, guess i can look forward to those.

Pay for item with BiJ. Item shipped less than 2 hours later. Sogood.gif

Just ordered the new Figuarts ZERO Sailor Moon at AmiAmi.

Got orders every month until April now.

Why did I get back into figure collecting? I was clean for 7 years!

Lol! I had a couple of years of down time as well. It'll be interesting to see how I respond when I legitimately run out of space. That will be the real test.

Bombless

Finally went and updated my MFC profile.

I vaguely remember me saying that I should slow down on orders when I opened the MFC account...That didn't go so well huh?

December is going to be a big month (delays non withstanding, of course) :

Bayonetta, Tharja, Kamael, Psylocke Bisho, Iron Man Nendo and the Maou smartphone stand that keeps hopping months (2 delays now, maybe a Bayonetta challenger?).

I fully expect one or two of the main dishes to be delayed. I dread to see them all jumping month, because January is 2020 Miku, Nightmare Miku, Chun-Li and Strenght figma. Beyond January though, only Jun in February, Olivia in March and Crystal Boy in April remain. I don't see many figures interesting me next year besides the avalanche of Bishojous that is to come, which is good.

The one thing I really need to adress is getting detolfs. Went to IKEA last week to check them out and get some shots with Zero Suit Samus, to get an idea of how it would look. I definitely want to raise the detolfs as the bottom space is wasted but it would need a VERY solid piece of furniture underneath to carry the weight. I considered other furniture pieces also but, honestly, nothing else they had presents the figures (from any and all directions) better than detolfs.

The only thing I miss now is time to rearrange the flat and to buy the bloody things. The next month is going to be busy, with a business trip that went from mid November to early December and the workplace switching to a new database and user interface. With so many figures arriving before January (including the bloody giant LIW DX) space is now at a critical level.

In short : DETOLF = My New Year's Resolution.

I went to Ikea the other day to buy another Detolf and was told they've been discontinued. No store that I checked in the UK had any in stock either when I looked online, and you can't buy them from the website for delivery any more. If I want my display to be symmetrical I'm going to have to either rethink part of it or buy a Detolf second-hand(ugh).

Also, Bombless, I swear you had more figures than you've got listed there. I remember you buying MF Elf for example?

factorybelt

Neo Member
The one thing I really need to adress is getting detolfs. Went to IKEA last week to check them out and get some shots with Zero Suit Samus, to get an idea of how it would look. I definitely want to raise the detolfs as the bottom space is wasted but it would need a VERY solid piece of furniture underneath to carry the weight. I considered other furniture pieces also but, honestly, nothing else they had presents the figures (from any and all directions) better than detolfs.

I have a couple of Klingsbos, which have worked nicely for me, and I think they look less 'cheap' than the Detolf (which I have as well). If I remember correctly, it's about a 10" gap between shelves, so it can look a lot cleaner depending on what you have in it.

I had a mix of Sideshow statues and some smaller 1/7 and 1/8 scale stuff and it looks very nice.

Cons are the feet angle out from the base, so they don't fit flush butted up against each other, and don't have the seamless glass look of the Detolf. They also cost more.

Bombless

I went to Ikea the other day to buy another Detolf and was told they've been discontinued. No store that I checked in the UK had any in stock either when I looked online, and you can't buy them from the website for delivery any more. If I want my display to be symmetrical I'm going to have to either rethink part of it or buy a Detolf second-hand(ugh).

Also, Bombless, I swear you had more figures than you've got listed there. I remember you buying MF Elf for example?

When I spoke with the clerk there he didn't mention anything about Detolfs being discontinued. They're also available on the belgian website. And you are right, I do have a few more (Elf, Sailor Moon figuarts, Lacus Clyne) but they're currently "borrowed" by my mother. She will most likely also get Dark Elf and Kamael when they arrive. I do hope to recover them at some point but in the near future it is unlikely heh.

I did check the Klingsbos, and while I like the style and height, I prefer the seamless glass look, and well, it's half the price as well.

WHAT!? FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

My local Ikea is out of them too. Fuck fuck fuck a duck. I guess I'll have to find something similar. Shit.

You don't think maybe they're discontinuing it and replacing it with a new model or something?

Which IKEA was it? The one in Manc is sold out too. But they'll be getting more stock in. I think they're just really popular.. and takes time to replenish stock.

When I spoke with the clerk there he didn't mention anything about Detolfs being discontinued. They're also available on the belgian website. And you are right, I do have a few more (Elf, Sailor Moon figuarts, Lacus Clyne) but they're currently "borrowed" by my mother. She will most likely also get Dark Elf and Kamael when they arrive. I do hope to recover them at some point but in the near future it is unlikely heh.

Glad you can still get hold of them, but keep an eye on their stock just in case. I found a thread on SSC about it where some people outside of the UK are finding their stores OOS as well: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136362.

I love that your Mum has commandeered some of your collection :p You should fill out your 'ordered' section on MFC as well, seeing 0 pre-orders make me feel bad about my 18 lol(although I've already paid for most of them!)

WHAT!? FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

My local Ikea is out of them too. Fuck fuck fuck a duck. I guess I'll have to find something similar. Shit.

You don't think maybe they're discontinuing it and replacing it with a new model or something?

I don't know. I was hoping it was either that or a production/source problem, as I'm told that stock has completely dried up on Detolfs before and come back after a few months. The employee I asked did specifically say "discontinued" mind you, so I should probably email to ask and hope they give a legitimate answer.

Which IKEA was it? The one in Manc is sold out too. But they'll be getting more stock in. I think they're just really popular.. and takes time to replenish stock.

It was the Wembley store, but Croydon and Tottenham are all out as well. The guy said they even sold the display models. I hope you're right and there's just a stock delay.

I don't know. I was hoping it was either that or a production/source problem, as I'm told that stock has completely dried up on Detolfs before and come back after a few months. The employee I asked did specifically say "discontinued" mind you, so I should probably email to ask and hope they give a legitimate answer.

Time to start looking for an alternative. :p

the proportions of this figure seem off. Like the head is too large.

I think it's an optical illusion. You have the face, then the hair, then the hood on top of that. It makes her head look gigantic when it really isn't.

Just did a quick search for Detolfs here in SoCal...and every store seems to be out of them...

Fukkleducks.... I need at least two of them. Might go with that other $129 option instead.

And it looks like nothing in my November is going to get delayed, so I expect the AmiAmi payment notice sometime next week.

Now, do I add stuff to my super-light December (only Noel comes due)?

RMI

Banned
No Tharja for Dec? ^^

I'll be in the vicinity of some IKEAs next week. I hope the Detolfs aren't going away, I want to pick one up. I think it'll fit in my GFs car.

*Edit - no Detolfs in NY or NJ that I can see online... well shit.

They sell add-on glass doors for the Billy bookcases. My only issue is that I like how you can also see the figures from the sides with the detolf units.

They sell add-on glass doors for the Billy bookcases. My only issue is that I like how you can also see the figures from the sides with the detolf units.

I have a Billy with glass doors in the middle of my display and Detolfs either side of it. I wanted two Detolfs on each side, but only have three right now and now I can't get any more :p You fucked up my symmetry Ikea!!!

I might ditch one Detolf and get two of something completely different so it at least matches.

kunonabi

Finally went and updated my MFC profile.

I vaguely remember me saying that I should slow down on orders when I opened the MFC account...That didn't go so well huh?

December is going to be a big month (delays non withstanding, of course) :

Bayonetta, Tharja, Kamael, Psylocke Bisho, Iron Man Nendo and the Maou smartphone stand that keeps hopping months (2 delays now, maybe a Bayonetta challenger?).

I fully expect one or two of the main dishes to be delayed. I dread to see them all jumping month, because January is 2020 Miku, Nightmare Miku, Chun-Li and Strenght figma. Beyond January though, only Jun in February, Olivia in March and Crystal Boy in April remain. I don't see many figures interesting me next year besides the avalanche of Bishojous that is to come, which is good.

The only thing I miss now is time to rearrange the flat and to buy the bloody things. The next month is going to be busy, with a business trip that went from mid November to early December and the workplace switching to a new database and user interface. With so many figures arriving before January (including the bloody giant LIW DX) space is now at a critical level.

I had no idea this MFC site existed till now. I went ahead and put up a profile: http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/kunonabi. I don't buy that many figures but still it's nice to keep track of them like this. If only my brother knew about it before he ended up having to sell his collection.

No Tharja for Dec? ^^

I'll be in the vicinity of some IKEAs next week. I hope the Detolfs aren't going away, I want to pick one up. I think it'll fit in my GFs car.

*Edit - no Detolfs in NY or NJ that I can see online... well shit.

No Tharja. Not all that impressed with her. I'd probably feel differently if I knew what she was from, but as she is now, not really a must-buy.

RMI

Banned
makes sense. she's from Fire Emblem: Awakening btw. That game had a lot of great characters, and was a big success, so I'm surprised there are so few figs from it.

Bombless

Hmmm...I guess I'll just swoop in and buy 3 once I get paid. Will deal with the lower furniture piece later.

Welcome to MFC Kunonabi. The good thing about it is there will always be at least one person with a bigger collection than yours. Makes you feel better about yourself :p

Edit : Just avoid their forums.

johnsmith

remember me
makes sense. she's from Fire Emblem: Awakening btw. That game had a lot of great characters, and was a big success, so I'm surprised there are so few figs from it.

It's a Nintendo game, so I'm surprised there's ANY figs from it, especially one so sexy.

As for detolfs, googling shows that there's been repeated reports of them being discontinued for years now, and they always come back. They might be making some changes to them, but they'll probably be back later. Could also just be temporary production problems.

LadyRiven

Kind of, but since she's getting a US release she's available for around $110 from US based sites, and shipping'll be cheaper, since there's a good chance she might be EMS only.

Gotta hold strong and hope she shows up cheaper on amazon. She already has a listing.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GC37P02/?tag=neogaf0e-20
$110 with free shipping and I'll bite.

Ooh, that's pretty sweet. I caved for the Crunchyroll when she was a daily deal. I'll probably have to wait an extra month to receive her, but it'll be worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom