• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

i think selling anything BRS related is hard on ebay. there seems to be a ton of cheap bootlegs out there that actually sell.

also canceled the JSC MJ statue from SS. Too expensive for what it is.

Bombless

So I mentioned a couple times that I got mom a Yukata Miku nendo in London. She loved it SO much. She keeps talking about how she wants more nendos of Miku, preferably in japanese clothes, because this one is lonely and she needs company.

I've been thinking for a while now about what present I should give her for Christmas. I didn't want to make it a figure because she's got enough of those already (and she buys her own anyway) but after seeing how she reacted to Yukata Miku....I decided to go for this.

f21YNEC.jpg

I'm giddy with anticipation. She's going to freak out so much. Initially I wanted one for myself (that is just too cute) but the aftermarket price is fairly high and I didn't want to spend that much on it when I have so many other figures POd already (well, that and I dread the nendo curse of MOAAAAAAR). As a present though, the price is nothing.

Got it off MFC, for 82€ total with shipping and Paypal fees. There were cheaper (but not by much) options but outside the EU, which meant higher shipping + 99% chance of having the Customs jump on me for more money.

Expect a picture of the unwrapping after Christmas day!

tuffy

Before he gets too excited, you should mention that to own all 7 volumes would cost over $500 minus shipping :p

JP BD prices. Never not crazy.
Ah, but the "where has all of my money gone?" thread isn't the place to go to be thrifty.

Still, at 26 episodes, at least it's not OVA series crazy.

Ah, but the "where has all of my money gone?" thread isn't the place to go to be thrifty.

Still, at 26 episodes, at least it's not OVA series crazy.

You make a good point. We're enabling the JP figure market, why not the anime BD market too?

What would you guys say is the average number of 1/8 figures that can fit on a Detolf?

If you use risers for the ones at the back and don't over-stuff it so things look cramped I would say 5-6 per shelf. Of course it'll depend on the specific figures and their footprint to some extent.

--------------------------

Got Belldandy yesterday and I can finally breathe out because there are no breakages! Here's a pic:

belldandy-web-02e9ybg.jpg

Believe they aren't related and anime Blu-rays are pretty much the only thing most of their studios use just to break even, especially if they have no merchandising etc.

Kind of the reason why NA anime Blu-ray avoids dual audio (to avoid reverse importing or something) and places like Europe have both audios.

chrono01

Didn't see this at first. Thanks!

Tentative Preorder? So AmiAmi can cancel this?
You're very welcome.

They can cancel it, although I've never had a "tentative" pre-order cancelled. I think it's just a warning in-case they can't fulfill it, but I've never had an issue.

Junko now sold out. Again.

RMI

Banned
The New 52 Supergirl costume sure is....odd.

compared to some of the other new costumes it's not that terrible. Power girl's redesign was absolutely atrocious, and Zatanna's is just so boring. The only thing that confuses me about Super Girl's is the weird high boots with the knee cutouts. Otherwise I dig the cut of the cape and the rest of her outfit.

Believe they aren't related and anime Blu-rays are pretty much the only thing most of their studios use just to break even, especially if they have no merchandising etc.

Kind of the reason why NA anime Blu-ray avoids dual audio (to avoid reverse importing or something) and places like Europe have both audios.

Well not avoid dual audio, just either you'll get a long delay between its Japanese release and NA release, or you'll have unremovable subs, or you'll pay just about the same price as you would have if you imported them.

There's only been a few cases where a blu-ray release in NA didn't have dual audio.

Nudull

Banned
Hey, FigureGAF. I made a profile on MFC with all the figures I'm looking to sell (no prices decided yet). I'd like feedback from this community on what I'm sellin& and what some reasonable prices are for them (or if anything sticks out as something I should ask for more than $20 for)

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/karkador

Part of me is very tempted about your Viewtiful Joe, Zelda and Big O figures. Might not have too much to spend by the end of the year, but I'll keep this in mind.

It was the Wembley store, but Croydon and Tottenham are all out as well. The guy said they even sold the display models. I hope you're right and there's just a stock delay.

If you go on their site and check stock they'll tell you by clicking on Stock Prognosis. So for Wembley...

Product: DETOLF Glass-door cabinet, Store: Wembley

This product is out of stock at your selected store. Expected delivery date: Wed 11 Dec - Wed 18 Dec
Please come back to check again during this period.

Well not avoid dual audio, just either you'll get a long delay between its Japanese release and NA release, or you'll have unremovable subs, or you'll pay just about the same price as you would have if you imported them.

There's only been a few cases where a blu-ray release in NA didn't have dual audio.

Those compromises seem equally bad =/
Blu-ruy compromises due to region locking is dumb... I mean I remember when Wreck it Ralph came out in UK cinemas the Blu-ray released in NA like a week later or before =/

Hmm, can't decide whether I want to get this.
Stop tempting as John!

cajunator

Banned
Guys I need a bit of help.
I bought a figure on Ebay recently (Kotobukiya Nymph) ans he shipped it via EMS but it has taken abnormally long and hasnt gotten here yet. According to the tracking number it got shipped but the last scan was in Tokyo about 11 days ago. Should I be concerned? how do I check up on this from the US if I have a tracking number? am I just screwed?

gokieks

I bought a figure on Ebay recently (Kotobukiya Nymph) ans he shipped it via EMS but it has taken abnormally long and hasnt gotten here yet. According to the tracking number it got shipped but the last scan was in Tokyo about 11 days ago. Should I be concerned? how do I check up on this from the US if I have a tracking number? am I just screwed?

It's probably just slow due to busyness, or slow update. You can try the USPS website with the EMS tracking number and see if it gives you more details - I've had experiences in the past where the JP Post website was very slow in showing updates after the package has arrived on US soil, while USPS showed them. So I tend to rely on USPS for tracking updates once the shipment has left Japan.

Speaking of slow shipping, my Samus figma finally arrived. I'm not a fan of figmas at all, but it's not as if there are a lot of quality scale figure choices to pick from. I skipped on the GSC Zero Suit version (because I don't really want Zero Suit Samus), and the one I really want, the First 4 Show Varia Suit Samus, is long out of availability unless I want to pay like $500+ for one second hand. So while I've never found figmas to be fantastic in terms of quality (which remains unchanged), I made an exception and bought this one:

What part of the US do you live in? I'm in NY and EMS has only ever taken four days or so at the most for me. Reason being that with EMS, they fly it into JFK instead of LAX. Eleven days if definitely quite a while for EMS. But I suppose that this time of year there's heavier package flow for obvious reasons.

Also, my Jaina Solo bishoujo finally came today. Yay!

Bombless

Speaking of slow shipping, my Samus figma finally arrived. I'm not a fan of figmas at all, but it's not as if there are a lot of quality scale figure choices to pick from. I skipped on the GSC Zero Suit version (because I don't really want Zero Suit Samus), and the one I really want, the First 4 Show Varia Suit Samus, is long out of availability unless I want to pay like $500+ for one second hand. So while I've never found figmas to be fantastic in terms of quality (which remains unchanged), I made an exception and bought this one:

Cobra approves!

Also the band is getting bigger...Need Rin, Len and Meiko and a couple more instruments. Also maybe a stage...hmm...

kewlmyc

If there is anyone near West Chester, OH, the IKEA there has plenty of detolfs left. I picked up 3 today.

Going by myself was a bad idea, I'm sore all over.

LadyRiven

It sounds like maybe it hasn't actually been sent out yet. I would email EMS service and provide your number and ask them if it's really in transit yet. I have had it happen where the tracking number and everything was set up but the actual package wasn't delivered to the postal service yet, in which case it would be the seller's responsibility. (Not say that is what is happening here, but it's a possibility.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom