• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

If there is anyone near West Chester, OH, the IKEA there has plenty of detolfs left. I picked up 3 today.

Going by myself was a bad idea, I'm sore all over.

Dude, ouch. They're like 45kgs each.

Still, good idea. Going next sunday to get 3, right before I head out. I get 2 days off after I return from Frankfurt, should be enough to build them.

Bombless

I'm not a figma / D-Arts guy, but I have to admit, this is pretty cool.

Oh my god. WANT WANT WANT.

Edit : Okay, I am in shock right now. Miku 2.0 fell and I went to pick her back up...and I realised her underpants were modeled. Then I checked Luka and Asuna, same thing. Actually, I'm not sure whether I'm shocked they did model that or the fact that I didn't notice until now.

Oh my god. WANT WANT WANT.

Edit : Okay, I am in shock right now. Miku 2.0 fell and I went to pick her back up...and I realised her underpants were modeled. Then I checked Luka and Asuna, same thing. Actually, I'm not sure whether I'm shocked they did model that or the fact that I didn't notice until now.

what does it mean to be modeled? like, sculpted rather than just merely painted on?

Bombless

what does it mean to be modeled? like, sculpted rather than just merely painted on?

Yeah, it's a separate piece. Generic though, all 3 have the same.
WngDJJB.jpg

Yeah, it's a separate piece. Generic though, all 3 have the same.

alrighty then, wow.

every year my family asks me to make a list of what I want for the holidays. I'm buying a house soon so I was trying to ask for responsible things but it basically turned into video games and figures anyway.

Vertex Mistsuru and Yamato Gwendolyn made it on the list. I like Alter Gwendolyn but those wings are an accident waiting to happen. I find the pose odd too, seems out of character.

Man, I really want that Batman B&W Harley, but I don't want her to be lonely, so I'm probably going to pick up the B&W Joker and B&W Batman (Greg Capullo) statues asap. It's a nice line of statues, but I don't need all 30 versions of Batman. lololol

Bombless

Man, I really want that Batman B&W Harley, but I don't want her to be lonely, so I'm probably going to pick up the B&W Joker and B&W Batman (Greg Capullo) statues asap. It's a nice line of statues, but I don't need all 30 versions of Batman. lololol

I've decided against it because of the aesthetics. It'd just look out of place compared to the rest of my collection.

I've decided against it because of the aesthetics. It'd just look out of place compared to the rest of my collection.

You can just set up a dedicated shelf. If I was worried about things clashing, I would have passed on a bunch of figures. But hey, whatever helps you save dat cash.

Bombless

You can just set up a dedicated shelf. If I was worried about things clashing, I would have passed on a bunch of figures. But hey, whatever helps you save dat cash.

You misunderstand sir, I simply reinvest that money in other figures. Though I wouldn't say no to a collection of Bruce Timm's ladies.

chrono01

Erza and Mammon [Seven Deadly Sins] painted!

i93c0A67DaLTW.jpg

ibzEHYmmMcz22u.jpg

I think Erza will be a pass [N-Y - http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-es...rza-scarlet-hakama-ver-edicion-limitada.html], but I'm definitely pre-ordering Mammon [I'm collecting the entire line]. She's available now at N-Y for 13,350 yen [with the bonus Coin Pouch]. I'll wait and see what BIJ is offering her for, though, since I usually rather pre-order through them when I'm paying up-front.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en...e-image-of-greed-edition-limitee.html&force=1

chrono01

What is Sins? A manga or something?
It's an original property created by Hobby Japan. It's not a series yet, although there's supposedly an OVA being developed [although it's not released yet].

I just really like the idea of sexy female demons representing the seven deadly sins. It's just a unique approach.

Ken

It's an original property created by Hobby Japan. It's not a series yet, although there's supposedly an OVA being developed [although it's not released yet].

I just really like the idea of sexy female demons representing the seven deadly sins. It's just a unique approach.

laaaaame

Is that Erza gonna be up on AmiAmi? Im kinda debating it, I need something to go with my Luxy figure but I dont want something....that...suggestive....

chrono01

Is that Erza gonna be up on AmiAmi? Im kinda debating it, I need something to go with my Luxy figure but I dont want something....that...suggestive....
Nope, she's an exclusive which means you'll need to use a proxy [such as Big in Japan, N-Y, etc.] to order her [if you live outside of Japan].

chrono01

We don't have a lot to choose from, that's for sure. :/

I pre-ordered Mammon from BIJ [with Coin Pouch]. $196 CDN including EMS shipping, but she will be worth it! At the very least she's already paid for so there's that.

I pre-ordered Mammon from BIJ [with Coin Pouch]. $196 CDN including EMS shipping, but she will be worth it!

Oh my god, you're insane. I'm glad I never started buying these things otherwise they would have had me, too.

So I ordered the reissue of Kotobukiya's 11" ArtFX Jim Lee Batman. But I ordered it from BBTS and not AmiAmi. People say it's heavy, and I really don't want to pay international shipping on it.

chrono01

Oh my god, you're insane. I'm glad I never started buying these things otherwise they would have had me, too.

So I ordered the reissue of Kotobukiya's 11" ArtFX Jim Lee Batman. But I ordered it from BBTS and not AmiAmi. People say it's heavy, and I really don't want to pay international shipping on it.
Insane? Yes, that is agreeable. I know it's a lot for a single figure but damn it I like it! I MUST HAVE THEM ALL!

Looks like Alter are shipping Sanya(Strike Witches) and Nanoha on Dec 5th. If that's their entire lot for the month then ugh.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

chrono01

September 2014 release...dayuuum. At least it's already paid eh?
Exactly. It will seem like a gift once it's actually released which is a good thing. I love it when you receive a shipping email for an item you pre-paid months [many months, in this case] prior.

I'm paying for it now, though. Literally. At least the Yen --> Canadian rate is good, at the moment.

LiK

Looks like my postman is no longer making me sign for Registered SAL anymore. Kinda glad considering how many packages are incoming.

Also, got a note from BBTS that there's a second run for the 18" Gypsy Danger NECA figure coming out in Feb. They opened preorders again.

kewlmyc

Looks like Alter are shipping Sanya(Strike Witches) and Nanoha on Dec 5th. If that's their entire lot for the month then ugh.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

How long is the average Alter release delayed? Estelle is stated for Winter 2013, so god knows when that'll be.

I CHOSE CORRECTLY

So cute! All the angeloids in SnO have fantastic character designs.

Also, got a note from BBTS that there's a second run for the 18" Gypsy Danger NECA figure coming out in Feb. They opened preorders again.

Thanks. Ordered.

Speaking of BBTS, I ordered Kotobukiya's ArtFX Batman reissue, as well as Deathstroke. Both are 1/6, about $100, and about a foot tall. Can't wait! I used BBTS because they're in America, and I assume both are big and heavy. I surely don't want to pay EMS on those. Especially with the shipping weight on Bats listed as 6.75 lbs.

LiK

BBTS canceled my SDCC Red Pyramid head statue. Looks like Toymunkey screwed them over cuz they said they tried to contact them regarding it and got no response. Looks like I should've preordered it from AmiAmi way back. Now I regret it.

Toymunkey can suck it.

chrono01

It looks like the Yozora/Sena catgirl figures will be made available for pre-order shortly. They're sold separately but look great and will compliment the current Maria/Kobato.

i3eaCbUPVY0OR.jpg

The release date is scheduled for May 2014. I have nothing for that month so far! \(^_^)/

Edit - They appear to be 8800 yen each, so probably around 6800 or so with store discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom