• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Thanks for linking it, I'm also collecting these. Envy, Pride and Lust are the only ones released so far right?
You're very welcome. :)

Yeah, those are the three currently released. Greed makes the fourth.

BTW, Elf [Dragon's Crown] from Megahouse is painted! I cannot post pictures here since it's not promotional pictures, but she looks great.

Arkadios

Yoo! My first post on GAF. (Been a lurker for quite a while, enough to recognize several posters.)

On topic, excited for Tharja's launch and pre-ordered the shit out of Dark Angel Olivia. Incredible details even though I barely know about the character.

How long is the average Alter release delayed? Estelle is stated for Winter 2013, so god knows when that'll be.

Seems pretty individual unfortunately. Complexity effects delays to some degree, like Suzuha and her crazy bike being nearly a year late, but I wouldn't say Raven(ToV) was that complex and he was nearly 5 months late. You'll be in for a surprise if you count how many of their figures should be out by now and are still waiting :p

Ha ha ha ha. Fuck that. These things are getting too fucking pricey for fairly mediocre stuff.

They're by Max Factory. Whether you like them or not is up to you, but mediocre they won't be.

Yoo! My first post on GAF. (Been a lurker for quite a while, enough to recognize several posters.)

On topic, excited for Tharja's launch and pre-ordered the shit out of Dark Angel Olivia. Incredible details even though I barely know about the character.

Welcome to GAF. You're in the right place to lament Tharja's imminent delay. "Christmas is ruined" I'll say, in the most petulant voice I can muster.

Bombless

Good first post. You have taste good sir.

But yeah, there's 105% chance that Tharja will get bumped into 2014. I also expect Olivia to be severely delayed.

Fuck, I'll be happy with just Bayonetta actually releasing. I just want to get that off my list.

Giolon

Talk about Greed! I can't believe that Mammon is more expensive than Asmodeus was.

I still haven’t made my mind up on this one. Those boobs are just too much. The general busyness of the figure helps, but there’s just no way to camouflage them. I could do without the bending over pose too – it’s especially tacky with the miniature straps-for-panties. But….drill hair! Big horns!

Its amazing what another five bucks will buy ya. The Kuroko Figuarts look like glorified prize toys compared to the Figuarts for Aokiji and Akainu....

Bombless

Damn it, I'm starting to tell myself Mammon would hold out on her own pretty well. I should bail out of this thread for a while.

Arkadios

I'm not updated as I thought I would be then, why the strong feeling about Tharja being delayed?

Good first post. You have taste good sir.

Thank you, my good sir. You have an awesome mother, by the way lol.

maede keiji got delayed for about 3 2 months and her design isn't overly complicated.

They gotta get those boobs just right, thus all the delays.

Damn it, I'm starting to tell myself Mammon would hold out on her own pretty well. I should bail out of this thread for a while.

Why would you think such a thing? All seven or none at all. Go see if your mom will buy them all for you. Or at least go halfsies.

Enjoy buying that $220 Asmodeus from N-Y. XD

Bombless

Why would you think such a thing? All seven or none at all. Go see if your mom will buy them all for you. Or at least go halfsies.

That's what I'm afraid of. I wouldn't be able to let her sit all alone. I couldn't take it. And there's no way in hell I'll introduce the 7 Sins to her. I did that with the Lineage 2 elves and she took them from me.

Actually, I'm going over to mom's when I get off work in the morning. Given how she told me she has "something to show me" I suspect FREEing's Racing Miku 2012 has arrived.

I say this because about 2 weeks ago I pointed out to her Hobby Search was having a sale and she stopped me midsentence with "and there's a Racing Miku, yes, I know. I've seen her". 99% sure she punched the order in as soon as I hung up on Skype.

Arkadios said:
Thank you, my good sir. You have an awesome mother, by the way lol.

Every day I regret a bit more I introduced her to figure collecting. She's turned into a ravenous Miku-phile and Nendo plague carrier. At least my collection still dwarfs her's ....for now.

That's what I'm afraid of. I wouldn't be able to let her sit all alone. I couldn't take it. And there's no way in hell I'll introduce the 7 Sins to her. I did that with the Lineage 2 elves and she took them from me.

Ha ha. I'm probably going to end up getting Swimsuit Lucifer, but I can do that without feeling compelled to buy anything from the proper 7DS line. It's those fucking pedestals that make you think you need the whole set.

Can't wait to get that Dragon's Crown elf on my shelf.

Haas there been news, or is it just a random "Hey....Elf." comment?

kewlmyc

Ha ha. I'm probably going to end up getting Swimsuit Lucifer, but I can do that without feeling compelled to buy anything from the proper 7DS line. It's those fucking pedestals that make you think you need the whole set.

Painted magazine scan of her is floating around.

johnsmith

remember me

There was a scan released and I was also referencing
hJXrsFC.jpg

RMI

Banned
Got my November payment request!

figma - Miku Hatsune 2.0(Preorder)
Unit price 3,100 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 3,100 JPY

[w/Pre-order Bonus] 3DS Miku Hatsune Project mirai 2 PuchiPuku Pack(Preorder)
Unit price 6,500 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 6,500 JPY

D-Arts - P4U: Elizabeth(Preorder)
Unit price 4,080 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,080 JPY

D-Arts - Persona 3: Thanatos(Preorder)
Unit price 3,350 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 3,350 JPY

I am excited!!! They'll probably show up sometime next week.

Also saw this thing and BARF. Cute character on the show but this figure is atrocious.

Maybe they expect you to put together an assembly kit like they did with the Miho Nendo.

My tank is still in it box since I have no idea where to start. :/

Lol. Is it unpainted and everything? I could maybe persuade myself deal with that, even though I wouldn't know what I'm doing either, since I haven't built a model since I was a kid.

Got my notice from AmiAmi...saying Dizzy was delayed until next month...

Oh well, on the plus side, it cuts almost 10,000 yen off this month's bill.

And Nipponya-san is a dangerous place. I never went there until recently; didn't realize there were so many exclusives I wanted to buy...

amiami preown is the devil. Picked up a B/C minna from strike witches. The cheapest I seen it and I didn't want to risk missing and pray on a re-release.

RMI

Banned
I think the Amazon looks pretty good. I don't know why, but I was expecting more from the Elf. Might not buy either. We'll see what the pricing looks like.

I also think the Amazon looks great. The Elf is spot on, but just not my favorite design from the game so the figure doesn't do much for me. Am hoping that pricing on the Amazon is not too insane.

kewlmyc

Also saw this thing and BARF. Cute character on the show but this figure is atrocious.

Japan's fascination with cute girls being "pigeon toed" is odd.

In a side note, my November order is ridiculous. I don't mind though, It's most of the figs that I've been looking for.

(D-Arts - P4U: Elizabeth(Preorder)
Unit price 4,080 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,080 JPY

Nendoroid - Monokuma(Back-order)
Unit price 2,420 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,420 JPY

D-Arts - Pokemon: Mewtwo(Released)
Unit price 2,820 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,820 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Persona 3 - Aigis ART WORKS Ver. 1/6 Complete Figure
Unit price 12,480 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 12,480 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Ichiban Kuji Premium Fate/Zero Part.1 C Prize - Archer Premium Figure (Game-prize)
Unit price 3,680 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 3,680 JPY

Tales of Vesperia - Heaven's Arrow Raven 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
Unit price 7,030 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 7,030 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Toaru Majutsu no Index II - Accelerator 1/8 Complete Figure
Unit price 4,640 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,640 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:C)Tales of Vesperia - Flynn Scifo 1/8 Complete Figure
Unit price 4,170 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,170 JPY

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Tales of Vesperia - Rita Mordio 1/8 Complete Figure
Unit price 7,440 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 7,440 JPY

G.E.M. Series - Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Zero 1/8 Complete Figure
Unit price 5,580 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 5,580 JPY

Bombless

FIGURE-003491_06.jpg

TAKE ALL MY MONEY

So lewd.

In other news, I'm a goddamn psychic. She put the flag backwards though.

ZQn84Ie.jpg

Edit : Checked my mailbox, another Missed Delivery slip. With no actual delivery timestamp. Fucker just didn't want to stick around. Oh well, I'll go get it tomorrow. I have like 4 packages on the way, curious to see which one it is.

This is Megahouse. Megahouse figures aren't worth that much.

That. I'm still hoping they turn out well. The stock pictures of Akira Yamamoto and the final product featured a noticeable difference in quality.

Also, I got my B/B Max Factory Megurine Luka from AmiAmi today. She so pretty!!!! *_* The tape at the top of the box was sliced, but the tape holding the plastic clamshell pieces together on the inside was still intact. Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom