• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally managed to get one!

bdAPdht.jpg

Ignis of the Endless Winter (safe for work version)

gokieks

I was worried for a second because it's one that I still may want to get, but good to know that it's not actually hard to find yet.

It's definitely a nice looking figure.

Bombless

I finally managed to get one!

bdAPdht.jpg

Ignis of the Endless Winter (safe for work version)

That is an interesting bouquet.

My Amiami december box is still stuck in belgian customs...I hope it'll be in the post office before the weekend so I can retrieve it first thing in the morning on Monday. Gotta have my late Christmas gifts!

WolfStark

Almost bought her, but the deal-breaker was that the black-hair version only comes with the pistol and the omni-weapon. Not the assault rifle.

I didn't understand why they didn't include the assault rifle, otherwise I would've bought her, since black haired femshep was my Shepard through all these hard years. However, she looks great with red hair and I am glad that Kotobukiya managed to release a Shepard with such a great mix between the Shunya Yamashita style and gaming self.

I didn't understand why they didn't include the assault rifle, otherwise I would've bought her, since black haired femshep was my Shepard through all these hard years. However, she looks great with red hair and I am glad that Kotobukiya managed to release a Shepard with such a great mix between the Shunya Yamashita style and gaming self.

If you were that into it, you should have just bought one of each and swapped the assault rifle into the black-haired one. I would have.

Didn't say it was hard to get, but between all other figures, games, new consoles and a new pc, I had to really squeeze my budget to get it :)

oh, does that mean I'd be a dick if I impulse-buy one right now?

Just picked up my December AmiAmi shipment of Vertex Noel and Hobby Japan Lucifer. Noel's horse leg doesn't look nearly as horrific in person and Lucifer, which was graded at B/B, looks like it was never removed from the original packaging. The box, other than being opened once, is in about the same condition as Noel's.

So, for those worried about buying B-grade figures, don't be. Chances are it'll be in better condition than anything currently sitting on your shelf.

Now, do I kill myself trying to get the other Six Sins...?

So, for those worried about buying B-grade figures, don't be. Chances are it'll be in better condition than anything currently sitting on your shelf.

The first B/B I bought was Max Factory's Megurine Luka. The tape on the top flap of the box was cut, but the tape holding the plastic clamshells together on the inside was still intact. Such minor things take the condition down to a B.

RMI

Banned
Tempted to pre-order Panty... But it might be a little too lewd for my collection. Not sure what to do.

LiK

i promised not to preorder any more figures in 2014 but i broke it already. preordered Metal Gear Ray and another Hot Toys Iron Man figure. Argh. fuck you Temptation!

Tempted to pre-order Panty... But it might be a little too lewd for my collection. Not sure what to do.

Gah, I hate you all. I don't understand what any of you see in that figure. The face is horrendous.

i promised not to preorder any more figures in 2014 but i broke it already. preordered Metal Gear Ray and another Hot Toys Iron Man figure. Argh. fuck you Temptation!

Wasn't that MG-Ray like, $500 or something? Also, just what you need, another fucking Iron Man. ;D

WolfStark

If you were that into it, you should have just bought one of each and swapped the assault rifle into the black-haired one. I would have.

I thought about it but it would have been way to intricate and expensive (customs is a bitch) to buy both, even though I would've sold the red haired version. Nah, my time was to precious for this hassle and I wasn't dissatisfied with the outcome anyway.

I thought about it but it would have been way to intricate and expensive (customs is a bitch) to buy both

I live in the US, so I can't really empathize on the whole "customs" thing. I don't know what that's like. But yeah, I can certainly understand not wanting to order two of the same figure. I was scratching my head at people buying both Max Factory Dark Elves last month.

Wasn't that MG-Ray like, $500 or something? Also, just what you need, another fucking Iron Man. ;D
More like 350 if you collected all the free points sideshow has being throwing out for their christmas and halloween events. Those 5 dollar points add up pretty fast :). I'm saving my points up till I get my points statement updated after batman ships. After that I'll likely get either the upcoming wonder woman pf if she's up for sale by then. I don't regret selling my koto WW as much anymore after seeing sideshows preview but i'll hold my judgement until the full sculpt is shown outright( so far its only been a tease)
wonder-woman-ss.jpg

AMUSIX

Mommy, I'm scared.

f0242.jpg

Shame about the neck. Everything else on the figure has this "blown way out of proportion" think going for it, almost in an oddly balanced way. The neck, however just doesn't fit with the rest of the figure...should have given her massive traps or something along those lines...not some elongated giraffe thing.

george_us

Max Factory Tharja is calling my name but Lightning Returns: FFXIII, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, and possibly Drive Club are all releasing in February. Hmmmm.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is Ami Ami as bad as I read about letting someone cancel an order, even if it is months from release?

RMI

Banned
Gah, I hate you all. I don't understand what any of you see in that figure. The face is horrendous.

I like it. I'm mostly into the pose where she's stretching the panties but the bare ass might raise a few alarm bells in my house.

Is Ami Ami as bad as I read about letting someone cancel an order, even if it is months from release?

Just send a polite email, it'll be fine. Don't cancel often and don't cancel pre-owned items and you will be fine.

johnsmith

remember me
Ques Q Elizabeth is starting to sell out. Amiami only has the more expensive version with the wallscroll left. Just scored an unopened one with the bonus on mandarake for 7.5k.

chrono01

Keep your cancellation email brief, give them a good excuse, promise to lessen such situations in the future, and be as polite as you can.

As long as you purchase more than you cancel, and give them a lot of time in advance before the item is released, you should be fine. Definitely do so as little as possible, though. While they can, and will, often-times cancel your order, it's something they don't want to do.

Tharja is Tharja and all of those games are going to be shit. Sorry, but true.
But castlevania 1 was pretty decent.

Does anyone here paint gk's(other than gundams) or does everyone here only buy pre painted figures. I don't know where to really start. I wanted to paint the new pslocke bish in an alternate color so I ordered a gk of her.

More like 350 if you collected all the free points sideshow has being throwing out for their christmas and halloween events. Those 5 dollar points add up pretty fast :). I'm saving my points up till I get my points statement updated after batman ships. After that I'll likely get either the upcoming wonder woman pf if she's up for sale by then. I don't regret selling my koto WW as much anymore after seeing sideshows preview but i'll hold my judgement until the full sculpt is shown outright( so far its only been a tease)
wonder-woman-ss.jpg

Why did you show me this!? Why do I keep coming to this thread!?

RocBase

wonder-woman-ss.jpg
OH SHIT

Straight up BAMF.

But castlevania 1 was pretty decent.

Does anyone here paint gk's(other than gundams) or does everyone here only buy pre painted figures. I don't know where to really start. I wanted to paint the new pslocke bish in an alternate color so I ordered a gk of her.

I used to do them back in the day. General rule of thumb is use primer ( white for bright colors, grey or black if you want a more somber tone with pronounced shadows), learn to love putty or sculpt to cover the seams, and invest in a good airbrush.

Oh, and lots of patience and thin coats.

george_us

Tharja is Tharja and all of those games are going to be shit. Sorry, but true.
I have to see the horrid FFXIII saga through 'til the end. I have to. On the other hand, it's going to tank hard here in the US so a price drop after a couple of weeks isn't out of the question. And you shut your filthy mouth about Lords of Shadow! Evil Butcher alone made that game amazing. I think DC's going to turn out well but I may wait and see if parts of the game are going to be free on PS+.

hIE1388150426.jpeg

Let's hope this works via mobile, hate unable to check image links via iPhone =/
Edit: Nope, PC edit
Also found the reason why Medicom had the need to make v2 of Chun Li lol:
real-action-heroes-425-chun-li-499x494.jpg

And you shut your filthy mouth about Lords of Shadow! Evil Butcher alone made that game amazing.

I don't know, I didn't like the first one that much. I appreciated the atmosphere and everything, but I had to push myself to go on with that game until I just couldn't anymore. I never ended up finishing it. Gameplay was too boring.

kunonabi

Plamoya says my heather mason figure is being prepared for shipping. It would be nice to see it before I head back to school.

johnsmith

remember me
Max Factory Tharja is calling my name but Lightning Returns: FFXIII, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, and possibly Drive Club are all releasing in February. Hmmmm.

Tharja will be another top tier masterpiece by Max Factory and Shining Wizard. The games will be $20 bombas within a couple of months. Go with Tharja.

If you buy video games in February it should be Dangan Ronpa anyway.

I used to do them back in the day. General rule of thumb is use primer ( white for bright colors, grey or black if you want a more somber tone with pronounced shadows), learn to love putty or sculpt to cover the seams, and invest in a good airbrush.

Oh, and lots of patience and thin coats.

If I'm priming a statue that I plan on painting dark but the skin tone I want to be lighter is it still suggested to black as the primer?

If I'm priming a statue that I plan on painting dark but the skin tone I want to be lighter is it still suggested to black as the primer?

Good question. I'd go with light grey in that case, with a light white base coat for any exposed skin.

Oh, and invest in some rubber cement; nothing works better for masking areas you don't want paint bleed.

Just paid for my B/B Selvaria. SAL Parcel was 3.7k JPY, EMS was 3.8k JPY. LOL, i just sprung the extra few bucks for EMS. WTF, though... is the box she comes in gigantic or something?

Just paid for my B/B Selvaria. SAL Parcel was 3.7k JPY, EMS was 3.8k JPY. LOL, i just sprung the extra few bucks for EMS. WTF, though... is the box she comes in gigantic or something?

she is kinda big with that weapon. I don't have that figure but the swimsuit box was pretty big (not miku2012 big tho). Probably weight if anything is what forced it to be ems

she is kinda big with that weapon. I don't have that figure but the swimsuit box was pretty big (not miku2012 big tho). Probably weight if anything is what forced it to be ems

She's also 1/7 scale, not 1/8 like most figures. But the price difference between SAL and EMS was so negligible on this one, why did they bother giving me the option? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom