• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Just paid for my B/B Selvaria. SAL Parcel was 3.7k JPY, EMS was 3.8k JPY. LOL, i just sprung the extra few bucks for EMS. WTF, though... is the box she comes in gigantic or something?

I'm paying for Maou right now, same deal, may as well go EMS. Ugh. I thought amiami would send her by SAL small packet. Else I would have just bought her from Plamoya a couple of weeks ago when she was cheaper than amiami.

EMS : 4,000 JPY
SAL Parcel : 3,850 JPY

Giolon

Just paid for my B/B Selvaria. SAL Parcel was 3.7k JPY, EMS was 3.8k JPY. LOL, i just sprung the extra few bucks for EMS. WTF, though... is the box she comes in gigantic or something?

The box is pretty large. The weapon stores vertically, IIRC, but the enclosing shape of her hair means the box has to be pretty deep.

sca2511

The Wonder Woman tease was pretty great.

I'm attending an anime convention and I'm questioning picking up Koto Mari or Koto Ikaruga Black & White. Damage today was a DC Cover Girls Batwoman and Wonder Girl + Super Girl SBFF.

The box is pretty large. The weapon stores vertically, IIRC, but the enclosing shape of her hair means the box has to be pretty deep.

Yup, it's her hair plus there is a small base to support her weapon if you decide to display it. She can hold it up on her own but I think it will start to slowly bend over time. I didn't really bother with her sword.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Starting 2014 off with a bang!

tbU5ULp.jpg

Zb5vqwR.jpg

J8FMYGz.jpg

73SeYSP.jpg

vkIZnVn.jpg

KgP6S6Z.jpg

spIBQ2B.jpg

Very cool Hot Toy Crow figure

I can't wait till I get Celtic Predator later this month

wait a minute, is that a Hot Toy or a statue?

george_us

Tharja will be another top tier masterpiece by Max Factory and Shining Wizard. The games will be $20 bombas within a couple of months. Go with Tharja.

If you buy video games in February it should be Dangan Ronpa anyway.
You and Freezasaurus once again speak the truth.

Tharja preordered.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know I'm late, just saw the pics of the Nendoroid Luigi. He looks a bit odd with those proportions and it's a shame his expressions are quite mild considering how exaggerated they can be in the games.

johnsmith

remember me
Huh, got a small order of 3 DQ figures today. Shipped on 12/25. That was surprisingly fast. Hopefully I'll get Junko soon. She got to LA on 1/1.

chrono01

They come detached. Not broken. Bayonetta, herself, is complete with the guns. The are rods to put her on the bade. The red string is detached also, and slots in easily.
Ah, gotcha. Glad to hear it! So the glue is just to "lock" them into place? A wise decision indeed.

I thought it was odd to ship them attached, since it would be a lot safer to do-so de-attached, but I wanted to make sure just in-case. Mine should [hopefully] arrive Monday, along with several other items from AmiAmi. I can't wait.

Giolon

Yup, it's her hair plus there is a small base to support her weapon if you decide to display it. She can hold it up on her own but I think it will start to slowly bend over time. I didn't really bother with her sword.

Yeah, don't display Alter Selvaria holding her lance without using the extra support. It looks like it's fine, but over time it will absolutely bend. Gravity is the enemy. I had her standing w/o it for a week or so when I first got her (because frankly, she looks more awesome that way w/o that support), but it became absolutely noticeable that she wasn't holding it out straight anymore.

Yeah, don't display Alter Selvaria holding her lance without using the extra support. It looks like it's fine, but over time it will absolutely bend. Gravity is the enemy. I had her standing w/o it for a week or so when I first got her (because frankly, she looks more awesome that way w/o that support), but it became absolutely noticeable that she wasn't holding it out straight anymore.

If I display her with the lance, I'll definitely use the support. I don't take chances when there's the possibility of leaning, especially with the more expensive pieces.

johnsmith

remember me
What do you guys think about these for displaying figures? Cheaper alternative than the detolfs, and more easily available (my store still doesn't have the black brown ones, date was pushed back to late January/Early Feb). $70 each, and 2 of them would give almost the same amount of display space as 5 detolfs. And I'm not bothered by them being open. I haven't really had dust problems with my current display.

The only problem I see is that you probably couldn't raise them up like a lot of people do by putting detolfs on top of expedits. That's probably a deal breaker.

The only problem I see is that you probably couldn't raise them up like a lot of people do by putting detolfs on top of expedits. That's probably a deal breaker.

They're nice, but I wouldn't use them for figures. It's not so much the fact that they're open, but for something of that height, you only get four shelves? And there seems to be a bit too much space between shelves to rely on risers. Billy bookcases seem the better solution.

I dont like how billys and hemnes have that one shelf that you can't adjust and can't replace with glass.

That doesn't really bother me so much, but I'm torn between waiting on detolfs or just getting something else. Kinda just want to wait until the detolfs are back in stock.

Bad news, folks, straight from the Ikea website:

Product: DETOLF Glass-door cabinet, Store: CA, Covina
The product will soon be leaving our range, and may not come back in stock, so you may want to look for an alternative product.

Fuck... I guess the Billy option is go, until they cancel that as well.

For anyone interested in the 1/4 PCS sub zero statue, don't forget he goes up for pre-order tomorrow.

Not for that price.

Bad news, folks, straight from the Ikea website:

Product: DETOLF Glass-door cabinet, Store: CA, Covina
The product will soon be leaving our range, and may not come back in stock, so you may want to look for an alternative product.

Dear Ikea, FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

My Bishoujo Huntress's staff just randomly snapped in half. Great.

That's odd. I know the tab holding the staff together was a bit narrow, but it's weird that it would break for no reason.

Not for that price.

Dear Ikea, FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

That's odd. I know the tab holding the staff together was a bit narrow, but it's weird that it would break for no reason.
Lol its worth it if you like the character enough and have the space/means to display it. I find for their size bigger collectibles are usually a better bang for the buck because of their limited selling capabilities compared to the smaller scales most eastern figure makers go for, so they end up being pretty cheap for their size.
I dont have much space so I try to collect 1/6 and below primarily with the occasional 1/4 only if I abasolutley need it.

As for the detolf, isnt that only for that specific ikea?

Every store on the drop-down menu either has that notice, or a simple "Not for Sale at Ikea [location].

Any store where you can click to view stock prognosis has that message.
Oh bummer. Hopefully something good replaces it and hopefully the people using detolfs can get more before they run out. It would suck having different looking shelves

Oh bummer. Hopefully something good replaces it and hopefully the people using detolfs can get more before they run out. It would suck having different looking shelves

That doesn't so much bother me, I've accepted the fact that I'm going to have to get different units. What matters is efficiency.

Bombless

I am now back from my (too short) holiday and this lady welcomed me with open arms.

Thank you Selvaria, another figure to cross off my List™.

3tg1cl8l.jpg

Bombless

Her left leg (single peg side) was a bit off center, had to force it a few milimeters to the left to be able to fit the peg in, but the pegs themselves went in just fine.

Crossposting from the Steins;Gate thread but my Kurisu white coat ver. figma came yesterday and I got a single worthy picture.
I'm so bad at posing figmas >_<
can't wait for mine to get here,
really shouldn't have gotten her though after paying $100 for the original.

I mostly keep her in Okabe's laugh pose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom