• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

So apparently that Benten figure will be going up for pre-order on January 23rd.

I'm passing, but I know a few here are interested, so I figured I'd post the information!

Also, it seems as though the dog hands on Cerberus are simply gloves [and not actual dogs], according to this "Summertime" [NSFW?] version of her.

That makes the figure slightly less creepy, and now I kind of want her again. :/

So apparently that Benten figure will be going up for pre-order on January 23rd.

I'm passing, but I know a few here are interested, so I figured I'd post the information!

Also, it seems as though the dog hands on Cerberus are simply gloves [and not actual dogs], according to this "Summertime" [NSFW?] version of her.

That makes the figure slightly less creepy, and now I kind of want her again. :/

A bit late there, Chrono m'boy. ;)

Anyway, I'm starting to have second thoughts on Benten. It's a great looking figure, but I know the price is going to be batshit insane. Less-spectacular figures have been getting price points near 15k. And I don't know if I would spend that much for a single figure. And he'll probably be another fucking May release. XD

As for Cerby... unless her dog hands come with parts to swap out for ACTUAL hands, it's still a dealbreaker. Though I see that you're trying really hard to justify her to yourself.

Thing is I rather use that money for other figures. I will wait for atleast 7k. I'm really looking forward to jubei though, on its way from NY.

7k or 8k? It's like a $10 difference. If you wait too long it might be 13k or 15k. If it was a serious amount of cash, I'd say sure, wait. But what are you gonna do with $10? You can barely get a fast food meal for that anymore.

7k or 8k? It's like a $10 difference. If you wait too long it might be 13k or 15k. If it was a serious amount of cash, I'd say sure, wait. But what are you gonna do with $10? You can barely get a fast food meal for that anymore.

Its going for 6k on mandarake. Its just currently sold out. You can still get one brand new on amiami. Its not a hot item for sure and I'm not willing to pay 2-3k more than how much the market value is at. Its just simple as that. If its sales out o well. Its not a "must have". Why pay 8k for something that isn't a high priority. Hell, Alter could be making more nise/bake monotagari figures. They already announced a Shinobu.

I have no problems paying a high cost for something I really want. I mean I bought GSC rin for like 14k easily and like 14k for the native sasaki figure.

chrono01

A bit late there, Chrono m'boy. ;)

Anyway, I'm starting to have second thoughts on Benten. It's a great looking figure, but I know the price is going to be batshit insane. Less-spectacular figures have been getting price points near 15k. And I don't know if I would spend that much for a single figure. And he'll probably be another fucking May release. XD

As for Cerby... unless her dog hands come with parts to swap out for ACTUAL hands, it's still a dealbreaker. Though I see that you're trying really hard to justify her to yourself.

Grr, how could I miss that!? Glad to hear that it's already been posted, though. d(^_^)v

As for the price, I would be surprised if she he is any less than 15k. Shipping will likely be insane, as well. I'm sure he will be worth it for those that want him, of course, but still...

Regarding Cerberus, I guess I am kind of trying to justify her purchase. I love everything about her. The expression, detail/shine on the armor, sculpting of the body, etc. The only thing I don't like are the dog hands, as I always envisioned them as part of her. Now that I can imagine them as a secondary component, well...it's a bit easier to take. They're still "magical" dogs, apparently, with a mind of their own, but at least she can remove them if she needs to.

If Max Factory gives her a secondary set of normal hands, it would be a no-brainer pre-order. Until then, I will [likely] remain teetering on the edge...

Its going for 6k on mandarake. Its just currently sold out. You can still get one brand new on amiami. Its not a hot item for sure and I'm not willing to pay 2-3k more than how much the market value is at. Its just simple as that. If its sales out o well. Its not a "must have". Why pay 8k for something that isn't a high priority. Hell, Alter could be making more nise/bake monotagari figures. They already announced a Shinobu.

Fair enough. But we haven't seen Alter's sculpt yet. I love the Koto one, though. Glad I was able to get one from HLJ after AmiAmi sold the fuck out in 15.7 seconds.

So which Jubei did you order?

Regarding Cerberus, I guess I am kind of trying to justify her purchase. I love everything about her. The expression, detail/shine on the armor, sculpting of the body, etc. The only thing I don't like are the dog hands, as I always envisioned them as part of her. Now that I can imagine them as a secondary component, well...it's a bit easier to take. They're still "magical" dogs, apparently, with a mind of their own, but at least she can remove them if she needs to.

If Max Factory gives her a secondary set of normal hands, it would be a no-brainer pre-order. Until then, I will [likely] remain teetering on the edge...

Absolutely. I like her, too. I DO. But the dog hands just ruin it for me. Everything else looks great. But now that Amazon is ordered, I'm really hesitant to order anything else, because I know I'll immediately regret every pre-order from here on out until Wonderfest comes and goes. Then we can all calculate how much damage we're in for.

chrono01

Absolutely. I like her, too. I DO. But the dog hands just ruin it for me. Everything else looks great. But now that Amazon is ordered, I'm really hesitant to order anything else, because I know I'll immediately regret every pre-order from here on out until Wonderfest comes and goes. Then we can all calculate how much damage we're in for.
Very wise.

Was that the regular red hair version or the crazy white hair one?
It's the "Awakened" one [white hair]. I had mine ship from N-Y, as well, a few days ago. Those glossy stockings...

Ban Puncher

So how good is Chara-Ani? Because OHMYGODINEEDTHIS

C14100049LL1-noscale.jpg

130mm and 6.4k JPY. She should be going up tonight. Only downside is she's ANOTHER May release.

Where are the pre-orders located so I can throw fist-fulls of money at this?

I don't really care how much it is as long as it's under 15k, and DOESN'T RELEASE IN MAY. I missed Aoba because I read the wiki page for the source material and was like "omg boy-love, eww I'm out." And I ended up missing a really awesome figure. So I will buy this equally awesome figure. You can't really lose with Max Factory, and you know the price is going to skyrocket once he's sold out.

What? What's wrong with boy love its incredibly hot. Though the bl series needs more figure love.

Dude figs are the majority of my collection : (

Mainly thanks to Solid/Naked Snake, Chris Redfield and Batman.

Only have male figures.

RocBase

What? What's wrong with boy love its incredibly hot. Though the bl series needs more figure love.
Not to (most) straight guys it isn't :p

But I 1000% agree, do wish we could have more figures from BL series. Gakuen Heaven could've potentially been the first actual BL themed figure...too bad it was cancelled. And then you have the Youji one from Sweet Pool which would've probably been the first "+18 male figure" but that got canned too (it was really awful anyway LOL).

But seeing the success of Aoba is a big deal to me personally, I remember when everyone on various other sites were convinced it would be bargain binned and would be the last we'd ever see of such an elaborate attempt because 1) he was a male, 2) he was expensive and 3) he was from a BL source so no male would touch it with a 10ft pole, since women don't buy figures. Fast forward to now and we have a potentially second awesome DMMd fig to account for it and Benten. It gives me hope we can see more male figures (not necessarily from BL) with overall interesting and spectacular sculpts, if the sculpt is great (and isn't too insane pricewise) it'll be met with acclaim regardless of its source and gender.

As for my collection of male figures, if we count the trading sets then yeah the majority of my stuff are male (otherwise pre-painted figs alone it's pretty 50/50). I'd def have more males from the Hot Toys line if they weren't so expensive.

johnsmith

remember me

Ban Puncher

They're making a prepainted version.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/193604

It seems its only for sale on chara-ani's site, so maybe its an exclusive? Not really familiar with this company, so I don't know if that's common for them.
http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=C14100049
If it is exclusive it'll pop up on big in japan and nippon yasan eventually.

Theres a Fuuka from Chara-ani up for pre-order on amiami coming late March.

Instant order. Those legs.

Speaking of dude figs, I just received my Man of Steel Super Man figure from Hot Toys today. I'm impressed with the final product. Looks even better next to Nolan Bats! Now I just need for Hot Toys to make a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman and the Trinity will be complete!

man that figure looks so good. I was only planning on picking up 66 Batman, Celtic and Elder Predator but I have about $140 now in reward points and can't figure out if I should try to get Superman or save it

RMI

Banned
Hooo boy, pics of the Levi figure by Sentinel (completely even forgot he was being released this month) are showing up and...it's not looking good at all LOL

ugh.... on the topic of dude figs, i would get a levi fig, but not like this.

Where are the pre-orders located so I can throw fist-fulls of money at this?

I don't know, actually. According to Tomopop and Plastikitty, orders were supposed to open the other night. Just keep an eye on AmiAmi and the like, I'm sure she'll show up.

Nothing, really. It's just not my thing.

Hooo boy, pics of the Levi figure by Sentinel (completely even forgot he was being released this month) are showing up and...it's not looking good at all LOL

legitimately laughed out loud at this one

oh my god. With the expression on his face, it looks like even he's having trouble taking himself seriously.

RMI

Banned
Bought two new shelves today. Looking forward to staining them next weekend, then I'll have plenty of room for figs in 2014.

Picked up 2 black detolfs today, I've got them assembled but won't be able to put my figs in them until tomorrow. I'm also waiting on a tiered shelf thing I ordered from amazon for some of the gashapons, maybe I'll get that in first before sharing photos

Momo, I can't wait!

As for 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku, I would be very surprised if she makes her January release date. :(

Yeah, at this point we should have at least gotten an expanded picture gallery. There are only a couple weeks left in the month. Next week is the last chance she has to make a January date, and it is seeming pretty unlikely at this point. Maybe they're running into issues somewhere... the hair would be my guess.

Well trying to do a figure budget was a dumb idea.
almost $100 over what I planned on for this point and we haven't even seen upcoming stuff from Wonderfest yet.

chrono01

Yeah, at this point we should have at least gotten an expanded picture gallery. There are only a couple weeks left in the month. Next week is the last chance she has to make a January date, and it is seeming pretty unlikely at this point. Maybe they're running into issues somewhere... the hair would be my guess.
Yeah, the hair definitely seems like something that could problematic. Either way, I know she'll be worth it in the end. The entire 7th Dragon 2020 line is amazing.

It never works out for me. I try, but then that "exclusive" comes along, or a figure from a series I absolutely love [or just an incredible figure, in general] and I give-in. :/

It never works out for me. I try, but then that "exclusive" comes along, or a figure from a series I absolutely love [or just an incredible figure, in general] and I give-in. :/

I think figure budgets are still worth doing, but they often get thrown off due to delays. Lack of self-control is a different issue. ;)

Bombless

almost $100 over what I planned on for this point and we haven't even seen upcoming stuff from Wonderfest yet.

Due to delays and/or new awesome stuff coming out I've never managed to stick to a fixed budget.

Edit : To clarify, I simply look at the monthly cost and if it's already well loaded I try to refrain myself from adding to it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I hope this year will see less delays than the last one.

Due to delays and/or new awesome stuff coming out I've never managed to stick to a fixed budget.

Edit : To clarify, I simply look at the monthly cost and if it's already well loaded I try to refrain myself from adding to it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I hope this year will see less delays than the last one.
I got so tired of having so many on preorder at a time and then with random figure purchases and delays I would lose track of something and then it would come in at the worst possible time money wise.

So I went ahead and marked out what I knew was buying for sure atm(S.H.Figuarts Batman, a replacement Saber, random Figma, RAH Chun-li) and maybe (Figma Indy, 3A RAY)
I go ahead to get Saber but end up splurging on Saber Lily instead.
today im like since im getting Saber back why not go ahead and get Rin to finish the main cast off.
I just bought Asuna and Kirito because I got a good price on them which I wasn't planning on for a while.

This isn't going to work lol.

Giolon

Fiona (Yamashita Shunya Ver) and Bishoujo Chun-li are supposed to be on Monday and Tuesday respectively.

That kimono wearing figure from Gintama looks like it could be really nice, depending on the paint job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom