• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think figure budgets are still worth doing, but they often get thrown off due to delays. Lack of self-control is a different issue. ;)

This^

The best way to allocate money for figures is to make a spreadsheet to see how much you need to allocate to each month.

Make a box for every month of the year. In each box write the figures name in a list going down and put the price+shipping estimate next to it. Keep a total formula at the bottom of each month as well as a separate total next to it that adds the total of that month and the previous months totals.

You should always have the amount of money in the second total box of the current month in your bank. As a figure is paid off you can delete the price cell from the spreadsheet for it. The key is to never move figures from one month to the next if they are delayed. That's how I budget all my figures/statues.

Self-control is an issue we all experience(especially me) but having a budget spreadsheet helps me put things into perspective for myself and help me exercise more self-control

chrono01

I ordered her after the massive sellout, so May for me. Should be fine after a few cancellations I'm planning.
January is a crazy easy month for me now, due to these delays. I only have Momo with AmiAmi, as well as the Mikasa figma from HS.

I also have Maeda Keiji, but that's from N-Y, and Yagyu Jubei [Awakened] is currently on its way. However, all things considered, this is a relatively light month for me.

However, as usual, these delays make the following months more troublesome.

kiryogi

Banned
Considering my situation, I sort of welcome the delay for Miku 2020. . . Too bad that means March got even uglier.

Oh well a little update and sharing. Finally unpacked my figures at my new place 4 months in and set them up a bit in a better fashion. If anyone saw my old place, you know it was madness.

iGPnXzac2lsUP.jpg

iPhsnJwQ6nJlF.jpg

Someday, I'll unpack Ultimate Madoka.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Really upset. Just received an Enterbay Michael Jordan Away 23 figure yesterday and took it out the box, the leg snapped at the joint and is physically broken. :(

Any ideas on how I should go about getting it fixed or replaced?

What the shit is going on with his character designs lately?

I'm not quite sure what's going on. The more I see that design the more I think huh?
I mean, he's not someone that needs sexualised female characters to sell games. And even then, she's not particularly that great of a character design. Who is the audience?

But then again. Look what happened to Paz :/

Bombless

Really upset. Just received an Enterbay Michael Jordan Away 23 figure yesterday and took it out the box, the leg snapped at the joint and is physically broken. :(

Contact your seller immediately.

chrono01

Man, why do I go to this thread.

Now I need to get that Shinobu figure.
You are welcome. >:)

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH1!1!!!11!1!111!!!1!!11

Keep me updated.
Will do!

I'll post a link here when the sales go live. I know I'll be pre-ordering it immediately.

They should start sometime today, according to the blog post.

Not interested in the figure, but do you need a proxy or forwarding service to order from the GSC Online Shop?
Nope, no proxy needed [thanks to the International GSC store]. They ship to pretty much every Country, as mentioned in this reply.

The GSC Online shop has an international version which ship pretty much everywhere minus a few countries so you should be fine.

Here's a link to their website:

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/

It's a flat-rate 2000 yen EMS shipping cost, regardless of what you order. It's a decent deal if you're buying more than one thing at once and, if the figures have different release dates and/or are delayed, they'll ship each item out individually for that single 2000 yen cost.

The downside is that you don't get a store discount on the figure, but for Shinobu, it's a small price to pay. Have you seen the aftermarket prices of her? Insane. I'll be happy to obtain her at base cost.

Edit - Apparently there's some confusion as to whether it will be a GSC Shop exclusive or not. The blog post mentions that it'll be available [today] on the GSC Shop, so many believe it to be exclusive, but we'll see.

Either way, I am prepared for battle.

According to MFC, Shinobu is exclusive this time. But BiJ and N-Y should carry her too, no? Also, do pre-orders go up tonight as usual, or will it be during the day today for us in North America?

I really like Koto's Shinobu as well, and I couldn't decide whether to keep that pre-order or get this one. Obviously the correct answer is to get BOTH. What's better than a Shinobu? TWO SHINOBUS!

SHINOBU TIME!

chrono01

According to MFC, Shinobu is exclusive this time. But BiJ and N-Y should carry her too, no? Also, do pre-orders go up tonight as usual, or will it be during the day today for us in North America?

I really like Koto's Shinobu as well, and I couldn't decide whether to keep that pre-order or get this one. Obviously the correct answer is to get BOTH. What's better than a Shinobu? TWO SHINOBUS!

SHINOBU TIME!
BIJ/N-Y should offer her, as they do for most GSC exclusives, but you probably won't save much. They'll likely increase her price above what GSC is offering, since they'll want to make a profit on it, and then you'll need to pay shipping on top of that.

If you absolutely can't use EMS shipping, due to yourself living in a Country that taxes virtually every EMS shipment, BIJ/N-Y might be the better option. However, if you're like me and get 90% of your items shipped via EMS anyway, GSC will likely be the better option.

I'm still hoping she's offered at AmiAmi/HS/etc. Like I said, the Blog Post mentions that she'll be available at the GSC Online Shop, but not that she's exclusive. There's still a slight chance that other retail stores will carry her, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her as an exclusive.

Either way, she'll be mine.

contact the buyer and/or the company making it and see what they can do. Regarding fixing it I have no idea, probably involves some model kit glue or something.

chrono01

Now I don't know if I should get Alter's or GSC's Shinobu.
Why not both!?

No seriously, I'm sure they'll both be incredible, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with GSC [at least, at this point in time since we really don't know a lot else in-regards to Alter's version].

Those donuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom